the worst thing youve done 'on the job'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:32:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  the worst thing youve done 'on the job'
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the worst thing youve done 'on the job'  (Read 1177 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2007, 09:10:05 PM »

the worst thing i can think of that ive done was when i was 18 or so i was working at a grocery store.  the store i was working at had just opened.  its former store location was located in the same strip mall as the new location.  one day me and some other guys were sent over to the old store's stock room for something..i cant remember what, probably had to bring some of the leftover stock over to the new location.  but we noticed the beer and wine sitting in the stockroom.  it was just us in that old store, so we sat around for a while getting our drink on...

fun times.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 09:11:59 PM »

'On the job' Tongue Wouldn't y'all like to know Shocked

Dave
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:19:38 PM »

I was a file clerk at an insurance firm and I took a lunch that was a half hour too long.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:36:01 PM »

Surfed the net when I got tired of doing what I was supposed to be doing for a period of time.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 11:51:35 PM »

Surfed the net when I got tired of doing what I was supposed to be doing for a period of time.

*snore*

The worst thing I did was starting using the word union a lot when I worked at Target.  Most people seemed receptive but admitted it would be impossible with the process stacked against unions and those wishing to form/join one.  Target doesn't have the union busting practices that Wal-Mart has... they keep their employees happy by... well, God.. that's a good question.. why are Target employees so much happier despite not making any more money than Wal-Martians?  Maybe it's just because it's NOT Wal-Mart. 

We did all bitch enough to get our HR lady to campaign for a raise in the base pay which got me about 15 cents...  I'm so glad I don't work there anymore.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 12:20:01 AM »

Wow. You're boring.

Of course, for me the answer is taking a data CD that was supposed to be thrown away and putting it in the break room's microwave for 5 seconds. But my co-workers have been much cooler, like Jeff.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 12:40:44 AM »

Wow. You're boring.

Thank you.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 03:48:31 AM »

I recieved a Blow Job from a tipsy female passenger when I drove a taxicab.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 06:35:56 AM »

took a nap, probably.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 10:40:06 AM »

When I worked at the public library, it was my job to process new books and type up the pockets that were glued inside the front cover of the book. Back in the mid-'90s there was a series of crime novels that came out that had one book for each letter of the alphabet. The titles went like 'A Is For Alibi', 'M Is For Murder', etc.

I got so bored doing this that when I got to the book for 'C', I typed up the pocket as 'C Is For Cookie'. (Like the song from 'Sesame Street'.) And the book went out on the shelf that way!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 10:42:41 AM »

Volunteering at a local compound library in KSA, I made my hated ex-English teacher pay 10SAR instead of 1SAR for a old video. But the funds went to the library.

I also hacked into the compound database, but it was nothing more than the guy's employer/phone number.

But I jacked many books left over from the US Army.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »

Nothing serious. Just stupid crap that was more immature than bad. Some of the guys that worked there before us used to do some crazy stuff; took hits of canned air in the basement, slept on piles of paper towel rolls, drank the wine they store in the basement, etc.

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 11:53:19 AM »

I cussed out my boss's boss and slammed my door on him (I stormed out of my own office), shaking pictures on the wall, and took a two hour lunch to cool off.  When I came back, he was still in the building sitting in my boss's office, and she gave me this "deer in headlights" look as I walked by.  I just went straight to my office, got my jacket, turned off my pc, told my employees goodbye and went home.  hahaha . . . I think I scared everyone.

Second to that was probably when I was working with one of the unlicensed guys on a tanker who was showing me a two-staged oil filter.  He turned the directional lever from the active side to the back-up site and opened the filter to show me the strainer (can't remember why).  After he was done explaining the issue, he put the strainer back and threw the lever back over.  Unfortunately, he didn't secure the lid to the filter properly, launching it off like a cork from a champagne bottle, spraying pre-heated fuel oil all over the place.  We jumped onto of the filter and threw the lever back over to the back-up side as fast as we could, but we had already lost about 8 barrels of oil into the void space and bilge.  hahaha . . . what a mess!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »

Nearly strangeled a kid for makings fun of me.  Then another time I put all these weird toppings on a pizza for no real reason.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies