Colbert's Presidential Bid Rejected (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:08:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Colbert's Presidential Bid Rejected (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colbert's Presidential Bid Rejected  (Read 2943 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« on: November 01, 2007, 02:58:58 PM »
« edited: November 01, 2007, 03:08:12 PM by StateBoiler »

Yes, why?  Is it odd for a Democrat to respect a Republican?  I don't much like the policies of this president, but I will not even entertain the thought that he might be the worst president in history, which he is nowhere close.  History will judge him as not being the worst president.  Even if he was, I still respect the office he holds, and, I respect him, because he seems like a wonderful person.  I would love to meet him in person one day.

I am a true and true Democrat who happens to like President Bush (and no, that does not make me any less Democrat).

Ah, your post itself is a satire. You had me going for a second.

In the future, you might want to let us know that you are joking with a wink or something. Sometimes sarcasm does not transfer well over the internet. You're robbing us of the laughter that can be enjoyed.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you don't think he makes fun of Democrats you really do never watch his show. He just did last night after he played a quote from Obama saying Colbert probably never ate grits (that was in addition to Obama saying he didn't think Colbert was from South Carolina). And if you want to see him making fun of Democrats, I guarantee you watch tonight.

Mr. Colbert in a national poll had more support from potential primary voters than Bill Richardson, Chris Dodd, Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel, and was not far behind Joe Biden.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 04:46:23 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2007, 05:02:07 PM by StateBoiler »

I'm actually surprised $15,000 is too high of a threshold. Colbert is probably a multi-millionaire; couldn't he just pay the money himself?

I believe if Colbert spends more then $5000 on his campaign[which includes the filling cost.] He has to obey all those FCC rules, which means he would have to give up his show.

It's also not $15,000. It's $35,000.

http://www.indecision2008.com/blog.jhtml

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Please everyone watch this: http://www.indecision2008.com/blog.jhtml?c=vc&videoId=127602

http://www.indecision2008.com/blog.jhtml?c=vc&videoId=127665
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 10:37:28 PM »

Good for the Democrats!  Bravo!  Hooray!

I trust the Republicans will be as sensible as the Democrats in this matter and follow suit.

We do not need a pompous stand up comic, and a poor one at that, wasting everybody's time with this ludicrous exercise in futility. 

Why? Romney was wasting more of our time than Colbert was with his very own ludicrous exercise in futility. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies