Who has done more opposing Bush?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:58:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who has done more opposing Bush?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who has done more opposing Bush?
Russ Feingold

Ralph Nader

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Who has done more opposing Bush?  (Read 2084 times)
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »

Nader because he actually had the guts to run against him.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 05:47:05 PM »

Wow. Even by your standards that is a particularly pathetic argument to make.

Look, it's a dead issue. It'd be like some Republican today whining about the Whitewater scandal. In 2000 there was some criticism of Gore among the left, and that was probably one of the reason. But after almost 7 years of Bush attacking Gore over that seems like the cops chasing after a kid who shoplifted from some store when someone's attempting a multi-million dollar robbery at the bank next door. The fact that the Al Gore of 2007 is much cooler than Al Gore 2000 also plays into this of course, but this is really something you'd have a difficult time getting...well anyone in America to care about at this point. Here's something to try, go register on DU, make a new post with all that information, and see how much anyone cares.

And I have criticized Ralph Nader decision to run in 2004 many times here before. As it split the Green Party and seemed like an ego trip (That doesn't mean I hate him or think he shouldn't have been allowed to run). This is no new opinion coming from me. But you just think I have some Ralph Nader love in.

No one has said he should not have been allowed to run. The question is why you constantly praise Nader, call him a man of great political courage, attack people who would've voted for Gore over him in 2000 and defend every single thing he does from my attacks (like his alliance with Dobson).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies