The Common Sense Tour
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:03:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Common Sense Tour
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Common Sense Tour  (Read 2173 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2004, 10:57:07 AM »

(Campaign stop #8 - Bethlehem, PA)

(Keystone Phil is holding a microphone in his hands as the crowd chants "We want Keystone!" The rally is being held on Main Street, with supporters filling the streets. Photographers snap pictures of the candidate and the crowd on this last day of campaigning. As the crowd quiets down, Phil begins.)

Keystone Phil: Good afternoon, Bethlehem. It's great to be in the Lehigh Valley. (cheers) Well it's the last day of campaigning and I've had a great time. I'm happy that I was able to meet the voters and discuss the issues that matter. Today there is another issue that I would like to address. That issue is universal healthcare.

My friends, I want you all to know that while I hope for the day that every Atlasian has healthcare, I stand in opposition to a universal healthcare system. I do not believe it is the role of government to provide healthcare. The last thing we need is another bureaucratic program. I would support initiatives that would help our seniors get healthcare from private providers. (applause)

Some want to make these private providers out to be the bad guys, the enemies of seniors. My friends, those scare tactics must end! (cheers) I'm tired of hearing that the big bad healthcare providers are hurting our seniors. Should we be pushing for better, more accessible coverage? Absolutley. But to make these private companies out to be the bad guys is ridiculous and the people are tired of these scare tactics. (applause)

My friends, we have our goals, we have our dreams. Let's continue to work hard to achieve them and let's not forget about our seniors goals and dreams. They have sacrificed much throughout the years. We owe them many thanks and if I am in the Senate, I will thank them by joining in the fight to make healthcare more accessible. (cheers) Thank you and remember to vote for common sense conservative leadership this weekend!

(Keystone Phil makes his way through the crowd of supporters, shaking hands and posing for pictures. The next stop today will be in Wilkes-Barre, PA.)

W in 2004
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2004, 02:59:08 PM »

Hey Keystone Phil, I will be on vacation this weekend.  I hope to be able to vote for you either Friday morning or late Sunday evening.  Will there be a voting booth open on Friday morning, or will I have to start one?  Am I allowed to start a voting thread?  I will be staying at someone’s house at the New Jersey shore.  Good luck in the election.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2004, 03:05:09 PM »

FMC, I will be opening voting at midnight tonight.  Voting will be open for 72 hours, the entirety of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

No, you can't vote in your own voting thread.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2004, 04:58:08 PM »

Hey Keystone Phil, I will be on vacation this weekend.  I hope to be able to vote for you either Friday morning or late Sunday evening.  Will there be a voting booth open on Friday morning, or will I have to start one?  Am I allowed to start a voting thread?  I will be staying at someone’s house at the New Jersey shore.  Good luck in the election.

Once again, FMC, thank you for the support. I greatly appreciate your signs of committment towards this campaign. Remember to vote either Friday morning of Saturday night. Every vote is important in this election so make your voice heard.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2004, 09:11:39 PM »

(Campaign stop #9 - Wilkes - Barre, PA)

(Keystone Phil approaches the podium. On the front of the podium is a "Common Sense Leadership for Tomorrow" sign. The crowd cheers and Phil begins his speech.)

Keystone Phil: Thank you, Wilkes - Barre. I've had a great time throughout this campaign, discussing the important issues and addressing the concerns that you have. Tonight, as we gather, let us remember what we are here for. We are here because we want honest leadership. (cheers) We are here because we want a Senator that, regardless of his beliefs, we can look up to. (cheers) We want common sense leadership from our next member of the Senate and if elect I pledge to bring the common sense conservative leadership to the Senate that is needed. (cheers)

As we look to tomorrow's election we must realize that someone with a real vision for this district must be elected. I have a vision for this district. I have goals that if elected to the Senate I will achieve. I want to provide school vouchers for students in failing schools, I want to make sure our troops and homeland security officials, police, firefighters and others have all the funding they need to keep us safe from harm. (applause) I want to make sure that when it comes to social security, seniors have options. They should be the one's deciding whether or not they want to privatize a portion of the benefit. (cheers)

My friends, as I have stated before, I will work to be a Senator that everyone can look up to. Whether you're a conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat, from the Big Apple or the tiny town of New Windsor, Maryland, I will work to earn your respect each and every day I take the floor in the Senate. My friends, we have our goals, we have our dreams. Let's continue to work so that we can achieve them. Thank you!

(Keystone Phil stands at the podium, waving to supporters while supporters wave "Keystone Phil - The key to the future" signs in back of him.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2004, 11:01:07 PM »

(Campaign stop #10 - Philadelphia, PA)

(supporters gather at Penns Landing, with the Delaware River in the background, holding "Keystone Phil - The key to the future" signs. Supporters chant "Key-Stone! Key-Stone!" as they wait for the candidate. Suddenly an announcer comes over the loudspeaker... "Ladies and Gentlemen....please help me welcome our next Senator from the First district...Keystone Phil!" Cheers erupt as Phil emerges and walks up the steps to the stage.)

Keystone Phil: Wow is it great to be home! (cheers) My friends, this has been such a great campaign. I am proud of the campaign we have run and now it is up to the voters. They will decide who will be their voice and I hope I have the great opportunity to be that voice! (applause)

We have all worked hard. We have represented our views the best way we could. We went out and spoke with the people. We answered their questions. Now we must trust them to make the right decision this weekend. I trust the voters in the first district. That is a reason why I ran for Senate. I know that while we are very different from one another, I can put my trust into the people of this district. (applause)

And so now my friends, lets get out there, vote and change this district. Let's get the common sense conservative leadership we need in the Senate. If I am elected Senator, not only will I bring common sense leadership, but I will bring honest leadership. I know I can provide these things to this great district. Together we will work to make this first district one, united district under a leader they can look to at any time. Thank you for your support and remember, always remember, we have our goals, we have our dreams, and we must continue to work so that we can achieve them!

(cheers erupt as Keystone Phil finishes. Fireworks appear over the Delaware River and the crowd chants "We want Keystone!" Phil walks off the stage, giving a wave to supporters and then makes his way through the crowd)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2004, 03:46:39 PM »

Reporter: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, we are now going live to a Keystone Phil for Senate Headquarters for a brief statement by the candidate, Keystone Phil.

(Keystone Phil approaches a podium set up in front of his campaign HQs. Behind him are Keystone Phil - The key to the future signs and several supporters.)

Keystone Phil: Good afternoon, everyone. I'd just like to comment on the voting that has occured thus far. I am pleased with the high turnout so early in the election and I hope it continues.

I'd also like to take this time to remind my supporters to get out and vote for common sense conservative leadership. We need to make sure our voice is heard in this election so please, get out, vote and together we will win this election. Thank you.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2004, 01:08:53 PM »

There are still a few eligible voters in district 1B (if you are in Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland or DC you are able to vote.) I urge anyone in the district who has no voted to vote. It's a close election and every vote will make a difference. We also have the highest turnout (along with old district 2A) so let's keep it up. Vote Vote Vote!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2004, 09:11:45 AM »

News Anchor: Good Sunday morning, ladies and gentleman. We are now going to go live to a press conference being held by Senate candidate Keystone Phil.

(Keystone Phil walks towards a podium as cameras flash.)

Keystone Phil: Good morning everyone. I called this press conference to answer a few questions on this final day of voting. Yes, you..

Reporter: Mr. Keystone Phil, are you worried about the results as of now?

Keystone Phil: I might not be in the lead but all I need is one more vote to move into a tie with Mr. Handzus. I think that will happen. There are still a few voters out there. I urge them to go out and vote. Ok next question....you right there...

Reporter: Good morning, sir. My question is about turnout. Are you happy with it so far in the district?

Keystone Phil: Absolutley thrilled. This is probably the best turnout Atlasia has ever seen. And our district, 1B, has one of the best turnouts. This is something we all should be proud of whether you support me, or Handzus, or Governor .Andrew. Ok moving to the next question...yes, you...

Reporter: What do you plan on doing the rest of the day as the results continue to come in?

Keystone Phil: Relax. Just relax. And I ask my supporters to do the same. This election is going to work out well in the end as long as we continue to hope. Thank you.

(Reporters yell questions at Phil as he leaves the podium.)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies