are you a christian? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:51:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  are you a christian? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: are you a christian?  (Read 23738 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« on: November 05, 2007, 04:54:06 PM »

Yes I am, I believe you can be a homosexual and saved.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 05:01:19 PM »

Yes I am, I believe you can be a homosexual and saved.

then what have you been reading?  (where did you get that belief?)

Show me in the bible if you are gay you can't be saved.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 06:16:31 PM »

Jmfcst, all I'm going to say is I was born gay.. I have always like guys, even when I was a little kid. I had my first crush on a guy at the age 5. I know you will say I wasn't, but you aren't gay so therefore you have no clue. You put your faith in a book written by man. I know I do too, but all I am saying is we have no clue how God really thinks, he sure didn't come down from heaven and tell me.

Also let me tell you I did get saved, back in May, and my feelings for guys didn't change. I can't change who I am or how God made me.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 06:32:27 PM »

Jmfcst, all I'm going to say is I was born gay.. I have always like guys, even when I was a little kid. I had my first crush on a guy at the age 5. I know you will say I wasn't, but you aren't gay so therefore you have no clue. You put your faith in a book written by man. I know I do too, but all I am saying is we have no clue how God really thinks, he sure didn't come down from heaven and tell me.

Also let me tell you I did get saved, back in May, and my feelings for guys didn't change. I can't change who I am or how God made me.

I have no doubt you were born that way.  I also have no doubt that Christ can give you a second birth.  Is that what Jesus was referring to when he said, “No one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born again’?  Religion doesn’t give people new lives, only Christ can do that.

I know that. I asked Christ into my heart to save me, and I know I got saved. I'm 100% sure of that. All I am saying is I can't help the feelings I have for guys, I have tried in the past to push them away, but they don't go away at all. I can't force my self to like women, that is just wrong. You may disagree, but I know my heart.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 11:19:43 AM »

Yes, you got so worked up to the extent you were failing to answer to direct questions put to you on that infamous thread. You were only bailed out because the thread was closed.

I hereby concede every inch of ground of all arguments relating to proper translation.

Since then you never use your old grand argument against homosexuals and instead are boxed into the 'marriage' issue. So don't pretend you are consistent. You changed your tack because you abandoned one direction. And thats why I threw everything I had at you. Don't belittle a Jesuit lad. We can be nippy.

Dude, the reason why I conceded all ground on translations was because no matter how you try to turn the translations away from homosexuality, you are still left with three undeniable facts:

1) God instituted marriage and defined it as a union between male and female.
2) God defined the proper context of sex to be within the context of a marriage.
3) Every single example of same-sex sex in the bible is placed in a condemnable light.

Show me in the bible where?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 08:31:32 AM »

Jmfcst, may I ask you a question? Do you think a homosexual could go to heaven?

If our faith would send someone to hell for being theirself, then I don't think I want to be part of that faith.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 01:23:39 PM »

Jmfcst, may I ask you a question? Do you think a homosexual could go to heaven?

If our faith would send someone to hell for being theirself, then I don't think I want to be part of that faith.

Josh,

I believe we all must repent in order to be saved.  The bible makes it very clear that the sexually immoral will not be saved.  Being “born” a certain way is no excuse either, for the bible already declares that we were all born with a sinful nature.  Being "ourselves" is what led us into sin in the first place, that is why we must be rebirthed by the Spirit.  Surely that point of the New Testament hasn’t escaped your attention.  But in case you did miss it, here is some suggested reading:

John ch 3
Romans ch 6
2Corinthians  ch 5
Galatians ch 6

As I have stated, the only context the bible allows for sex is within a heterosexual marriage.   That is why the bible casts every other sexual context in a negative light.  “No sex until marriage” is front and center to every reader of the bible.

As to Mat 19:11-12, it is quite obvious no theological conclusion can be made about “eunuchs” who were either born that way or were made that way, for Jesus was making no conclusions about them.  He was just stating the simple fact that they were unable to marry.  In fact, they weren’t even the subject of his conversation.  Jesus merely threw them in to use as juxtaposition.  If you read the passage yourself, you’ll see I am telling the truth.

So you are saying I should force myself to like women?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 07:45:06 PM »

jmfcst, I know for 100% I got saved last May. When I got saved my feelings toward guys didn't change at all. Therefore I believe that I am saved and going to heaven no matter what. Also I really don't think God cares to much about my who I marry or not.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 09:20:03 PM »

Yes, I am and I do go to church most of the time.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »

Yes, I am and I do go to church most of the time.

I am having a tough time guessing what your religion is; I am guessing it's some sort of Independent Baptist; please correct me if I'm wrong.

For myself, no, I'm a dirty Catholic Wink

Yes I'm an Independent Baptist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies