France General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:21:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40
Author Topic: France General Discussion  (Read 132985 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: November 24, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »

I'd much prefer if Harper was a not so-incompetent slightly insane/erratic and somewhat corrupt figure similar to Sarkozy; instead of the dangerous hard-right ideologue incompetent failure he is.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #951 on: November 24, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »
« Edited: November 24, 2010, 04:45:23 PM by Oualalaradime »

Sarkozy calls journalists paedophiles - The Guardian

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, elegance, in words and acts, doesn't seem his best quality. But here, well, it was a off, and there is a sound record of this off, and well, all of this was in a laughing context, you can hear people all over him (journalists) laughing like they're laughing with him.

While it still remains not very elegant, I would put it more on the 'hey now privacy doesn't exist anymore, be careful!!' which is due to the technical means, and well, moral behaviors, of our epoch. Sarkozy being a frank person in private who doesn't care a lot about elegance and about sparing others, it makes of him a more easy 'victim' of such things.

Personally I haven't been much shocked either knowing it was a off, and not surprised at all of this coming from him, indeed. And i must say I have been quite surprised when I just saw on some France24 taglines that this is making World News. World News might really be bored.

Remember that press conference at NATO or where ever when everyone said he was drunk? I think we're beginning to realize that this is just normal behavior for this guy.

While such words are totally normal for this guy and yeah you should realize that, now about this NATO thing, let's be fair, when the guy says he doesn't drink, I think you can really believe him, and he doesn't need it at all to have an asshole behavior, especially when you know that was just after he was with Putin who I would also trust when this latter says he doesn't drink, all Russian he is. He had just run to be on time to the conference, things would be that simple.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #952 on: November 24, 2010, 10:00:50 PM »

Oh, Martine Aubry said on France2's evening news (2nd biggest TV evening news in France) that now their was an agreement not only with DSK but also with...Royal, not to run against each other. Seems I was right to doubt of her candidacy. That being said, it will be better to wait that Royal says it herself before taking it for a given.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #953 on: November 25, 2010, 04:47:23 AM »

I'd much prefer if Harper was a not so-incompetent slightly insane/erratic and somewhat corrupt figure similar to Sarkozy; instead of the dangerous hard-right ideologue incompetent failure he is.

How the hell is Sarkozy not-so-incompetent ? Huh

Oh, Martine Aubry said on France2's evening news (2nd biggest TV evening news in France) that now their was an agreement not only with DSK but also with...Royal, not to run against each other. Seems I was right to doubt of her candidacy. That being said, it will be better to wait that Royal says it herself before taking it for a given.

Knowing that Royal is likely not to run is music for my ears... Cheesy Still, as you, I'd tend to be cautious.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #954 on: November 25, 2010, 05:04:22 AM »

How the hell is Sarkozy not-so-incompetent ? Huh

Sarkozy is actually competent, compared to Harper.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #955 on: November 28, 2010, 09:15:36 AM »

Indeed was right in being cautious, Royal said there was no such thing. A tricky thing from Aubry then, it forces Royal to awkwardly show her ambition back, which she kept hidden during a while, and make of her someone who preaches division. Classy, classy, the fight begins in a classy way...

PS, you're doomed. Nothing comes from there, nothing, not the slightest leader, not the slightest dynamic, nothing. For a while now I see them looser in 2012.

The political situation in this country seems to be doomed for at least 10 years here. Hopping for surprises in between...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #956 on: November 29, 2010, 01:57:39 PM »

Ségolène Royal officially candidate to PS primaries.

Then, so far we have:

Hollande
Royal
Valls
Montebourg
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #957 on: November 29, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »

First Royal, then hopefully Palin. 1 down, 1 to go.
Math
math
France

« Reply #958 on: November 29, 2010, 05:11:21 PM »

Then, so far we have:

Hollande
Royal
Valls
Montebourg

Please don't forget the very serious Jean Mallot : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfknio_jean-mallot-un-president-serieux_news

http://www.jeanmallot.fr/
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #959 on: November 29, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »

Then, so far we have:

Hollande
Royal
Valls
Montebourg

Please don't forget the very serious Jean Mallot : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfknio_jean-mallot-un-president-serieux_news

http://www.jeanmallot.fr/

I first saw the video and thought the guy was a joke, then the website and here it seems to be a...serious...guy. Then it might just be a serious guy with a serious taste for jokes...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #960 on: November 30, 2010, 06:12:26 AM »

What a pathetic b*tch. Sorry but that's too much.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #961 on: November 30, 2010, 07:07:56 AM »

Aubry? Yeah. How petty and unclassy from her, Royal clearly hadn't made a 'pact'.

Though not sure your comment was directed toward her...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #962 on: November 30, 2010, 07:44:05 AM »

Aubry? Yeah. How petty and unclassy from her, Royal clearly hadn't made a 'pact'.

Yeah of course, Aubry would have take the enormous political risk to lie about this with the possibility of being ridiculed as she was, and for what exactly ? Makes perfect sense, yeah.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #963 on: November 30, 2010, 07:54:53 AM »

Yeah of course, Aubry would have take the enormous political risk to lie about this with the possibility of being ridiculed as she was, and for what exactly ? Makes perfect sense, yeah.

Eh, look how all journalists go, not the slightest one to evocate 'oh could it have been a tricky initiative from Aubry??'. No, no, they all go 'oh, finally Royal has broken the pact...'. Royal never gave up ambitions, never talked of such things, and one week ago on itélé was still saying that she was thinking about the candidacy. Yeah, it forced Royal to unveil herself very early compared to the planned calendar, and to make her look like a divider, which is what's happening. Not the slightest person to evocate the other way around, which knowing Royal ambitions would really be the most probable.

Not that the truth of this is really important, but the way everybody goes in a sense without just even try to wonder about the other way around, which for me makes more sense, is well, surprising...

And if that's effectively what I think then yeah Miss Aubry, how classy, how petty, wow PS...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #964 on: November 30, 2010, 09:16:39 AM »

Eh, look how all journalists go, not the slightest one to evocate 'oh could it have been a tricky initiative from Aubry??'. No, no, they all go 'oh, finally Royal has broken the pact...'. Royal never gave up ambitions, never talked of such things, and one week ago on itélé was still saying that she was thinking about the candidacy. Yeah, it forced Royal to unveil herself very early compared to the planned calendar, and to make her look like a divider, which is what's happening. Not the slightest person to evocate the other way around, which knowing Royal ambitions would really be the most probable.

Not that the truth of this is really important, but the way everybody goes in a sense without just even try to wonder about the other way around, which for me makes more sense, is well, surprising...

And if that's effectively what I think then yeah Miss Aubry, how classy, how petty, wow PS...

Still don't see how the current situation could benefit to Aubry and harm Royal. Basically everybody before was thinking "OMG what a dirty plot !" and now think "OMG she was so pround to break with the dirty plotters". Yeah, that's certainly a political manipulation from Aubry and da evul elephants as always, how could not it be so ? Ségolène is far too pure and honest to ever do a similar thing...
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #965 on: January 15, 2011, 07:29:14 PM »

It's now official: Jean-Marie Le Pen is stepping down as head of the National Front.

His daughter, Marine Le Pen, will be the new face of the French far-right:

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #966 on: January 15, 2011, 07:40:12 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2011, 07:46:17 PM by Oualalaradime »

It's been unofficially known since yesterday night, and will become official tomorrow Tongue.

Yeah that's her, cuter than her father, enjoy.

It's a new face of the French far-right, will surely remain the big one, but that part of the spectrum is moving nowadays, with new organizations growing, not electorally, but in term of militantism and media coups, not to speak of the fact that one part of the UMP, which tends to be far-right and say that they wouldn't fear to ally with FN anymore, the 'Droite Populaire' which has a significant number of deputies, about 50 last time I checked, makes its voice growing too. And her election at the head of FN could make small figureheads and streams of this movement leaving, like traditional Catholics, since she is pro legalization of abortion. It's the new loud voice of far-right, loud but not very dense.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #967 on: January 16, 2011, 08:14:09 AM »

Yeah that's her, cuter than her father, enjoy.

Slightly.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #968 on: January 16, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »

ftr, Marine is strong with rank-and-file party members and the general electorate (where she has cultivated herself an electoral base in Henin, like her father did in PACA) while Gollnisch was strong with the older far-right sects and various neo-Nazi/fascist groupings which include a lot of the FN's early members (he also had support from the various FN splits, including Carl Lang's joke outfit and the remaining 5 members of the MNR). Thus we'll be seeing a lot/have seen a lot of older members leave like Holeindre (a resistant and FN founder).

Hopefully people don't interpret the departures of FN founders as a sign that she's a weak leader, because far-right splitoffs from the FN always do very poorly. Just look at Carl Lang or Jacques Bompard, both of which were, according to the media, going to kill the party by their strong electoral results.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #969 on: January 16, 2011, 10:04:13 AM »

New leader, but good old methods don't change apparently:

http://www.france24.com/fr/20110116-journaliste-france24-agression-service-ordre-front-national-tours-michael-szames-%20marine-le-pen-election

A journalist of France24 has been insulted and hit by 8 guys from stewards of FN in charge of the security of the congress in Tours.

And, 'lol'. The journalist first came to see policemen around the place of the congress after it, he's been answered that they can't do anything since the stewards of the congress 'reign in masters' in it. Yay police.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #970 on: January 16, 2011, 10:23:42 AM »

New leader, but good old methods don't change apparently:

http://www.france24.com/fr/20110116-journaliste-france24-agression-service-ordre-front-national-tours-michael-szames-%20marine-le-pen-election

A journalist of France24 has been insulted and hit by 8 guys from stewards of FN in charge of the security of the congress in Tours.

And, 'lol'. The journalist first came to see policemen around the place of the congress after it, he's been answered that they can't do anything since the stewards of the congress 'reign in masters' in it. Yay police.

Yay, the good old french far-right...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #971 on: February 08, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2011, 11:15:06 AM by Ben Wahla' »

lol

After a whole blow nowadays, since we heard that Michèle Alliot-Marie, French Minister of Foreign Affairs (who had already proposed the services of French police in Tunisia...in order to help the repression to be less tough, and on the same realm, the French Minister of Interior had affirmatively responded to a tear gas order from the Tunisian govt on the 12th of January...2 days before Ben Ali falls, when repression was becoming quite big, and Foreign Office didn't oppose it), had spent her holidays in...Tunisia...2 weeks after the problems had begun there, and there, her and her husband...who is also a minister, benefited of a plane from someone who could be close of the 'Ben Ali clan', that same Foreign Office Minister who during January also made an official travel in Egypt qualifying it of tolerant democracy, today, we just learn that Fillon, PM, had spent his holidays...in Egypt, and there benefited of a plane and accommodations...from the Egyptian govt.

Oh dear, France...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #972 on: February 18, 2011, 02:09:16 PM »

Oh wow.

http://www.rtl.fr/actualites/international/article/casse-toi-pauvre-con-ne-plait-pas-au-quai-d-orsay-7660981275

A French teacher working in the French High-School of Cairo has been seen, apparently when shot by media, handing a big sign 'Casse-toi pauvre con' during some of the protests in Cairo, 'Casse-toi pauvre con' was one the of slogans from the big protests in France in 2009 against lots of problems in general and notably against Sarkozy, notably spread by the Parti de Gauche (Mélenchon), and which means kinda 'Piss off bloody jerk', directed toward Sarkozy, and which where some words that Sarkozy himself told to a guy who told him some unpleasant things one day, but too bad, he was shot and wasn't aware of this, this became famous in France.

And then what happened here? The French Office immediately repatriated this French teacher in France, he has been threatened to be degraded in his function and he has to stay in France till his retirement (next July) while his family lives in Cairo. Official reason: a functionary has a 'duty of speech reserve' and has to 'stay correct'.

Ironically, about Sarkozy's last TV intervention of which I saw some samples afterward because in the same time there was Mubarak who was about to deliver his last speech, I thought kinda 'damn, both guys are as disconnected', one is a better communicant though. Indeed, people here when they see what happens in Arab world think 'why not here??'. Well, what happened in 2009 was kinda in the same kind of trends to an extent, a global anger toward a lot of things and a big personalization, but well, to an extent only, there isn't issues in the same depths as there indeed. But still, all of this could have an impact on the radicalism of people here. Radicalism on the far-right, people fearing all these Muslims that could suddenly turn into 'Islamists!!' now that they don't have our cool dictators to keep them under control which could contribute to make grow the 'anti-Islam speeches', and on the far-left, with giving more hope to people dreaming about something like that here, in a country which never ceased to fantasize on its revolution and of which I always thought it could maybe want to live something like that again, which in term of people could play in favor of Mélenchon, and/or Royal to an extent.

That being said, the defeat of protests against pension reforms has been a big blow symbolically, but the fantasy might be still vivid here. Oh, a big musical about it is about to come this year or next one.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #973 on: February 19, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »

Sarkozy had the good idea to put this very nervous and arrogant young guy that he had put as French ambassador in Iraq, in order to be very active and to...get the trade contracts!, in Tunisia. It didn't take a long time for the guy to screw up, yesterday, during a press conference with Tunisian press, when asked about all the f**ked things of our Foreign Affairs Minister, he quite brutally and nervously and arrogantly said to journalists that all of this wasn't the point, kinda telling them they were stupid and they didn't get the point that he wanted to implement a 'new philosophy'.

Today, about 500 people demonstrated in front of French embassy in Tunis, indeed asking the guy to resign, and very well pointing out all the arrogance of the representative of France.

'Congrats' France, you f**ked up on the whole line.

Oh, and, amusingly enough, there is something relative to my preceding post here, not sure whether they had heard about that story of a French teacher in Cairo, but I've seen a sign in the protest which said to this glorious ambassador named Boris Boillon:

Casse-toi pauvre Boillon! (globalization is really lovely sometimes)

Though, look, we have improved, France felt the need to publicly say 'We won't send repressive equipment to Libya and Bahrain!'.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #974 on: October 03, 2011, 04:29:55 AM »

We are inside the "Karachi affair" and Le Figaro is publishing a very funny double photo of Sarkozy's "best friend", Hortefeux, and Me Olivier Morice, lawyer for families of the victims of a bomb attack in Karachi:

It's the same man, but with masks Tongue
Or is it Mystique ? Grin
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies