Is Clinton peaking too early?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:26:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Is Clinton peaking too early?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Is Clinton peaking too early?  (Read 3863 times)
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 11:25:57 AM »

Hopefully. I hope she doesn't get the nomination.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 08:14:05 PM »

By "hidden leader" about Kerry, I meant a quite moderate WASP, an effective governor, with big cash (thanks Heinz), with no Mexican nanny, with a very serious profile.

Well, it's simply that, during campaigns, everybody wants to see big surprises, ups and downs everyday... and, eventually, there are scarcely real surprises (Humphrey, Bill Clinton, who else?).

In the Dem primary campaign, lots of people want to believe a big surprise can still occur. No bet.

Nevertheless, the GOP process is far more interesting. If you follow my "hidden leader" pseudo-theory, Romney would be designated. Let's see....

What is a bit disappointing is that the probable GOP surprise will finish in a bad crash in Novembrer !
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 09:05:47 PM »

Democrats would be very smart not to nominate Clinton for a hundred reasons. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 06:41:45 PM »

By "hidden leader" about Kerry, I meant a quite moderate WASP, an effective governor, with big cash (thanks Heinz), with no Mexican nanny, with a very serious profile.

Well, it's simply that, during campaigns, everybody wants to see big surprises, ups and downs everyday... and, eventually, there are scarcely real surprises (Humphrey, Bill Clinton, who else?).

Ummm....Kerry isn't a WASP, and he was never a governor.

But what you're saying is that Kerry had several advantages that made it unsurprising that he would win the nomination.  Except that, at the time, it was extremely surprising to the entire political class.  Kerry had been all but written off as a joke candidate by December 2003.  The fact that he was able to come back and win was pretty shocking at the time.  To suggest otherwise is to rewrite history.

I am by no means predicting that the same is necessarily going to happen again this time.  Just saying that upsets do happen, and 2004 was a pretty big one.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 07:53:02 PM »

I doubt she'll be very far ahead from everyone by the time january/february comes around...if she even still is the frontrunner. She screwed herself the last debate, and allowed almost all of her opponents to attack her...and they are doing a good job at it. If they keep it up [and she has another poor showing]...you can expect her numbers to drop.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies