McClellan: Bush, Cheney, had me pass on unture information on the CIA leak case
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:50:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  McClellan: Bush, Cheney, had me pass on unture information on the CIA leak case
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: McClellan: Bush, Cheney, had me pass on unture information on the CIA leak case  (Read 2040 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:43:15 AM »

Not surprising.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/20/cia.leak.mcclellan/index.html
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 02:44:40 AM »

This is without a doubt the most criminal, corrupt administration in the nation's history. A scant 30 years ago, when the legislative branch still had a backbone, but Bush and Cheney would have been impeached by now.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 09:18:02 AM »

Perhaps the single most amazing thing about this administration is that there are still people who defend it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 10:16:33 AM »

Yes we know they are criminals. But will anyone do anything to stop them? The answer is no.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 12:33:40 PM »

dishonest?  yes, they lied and were dishonest

but you can't impeach someone for lying to the press.  lying to the press is not even a crime
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 12:46:04 PM »

but you can't impeach someone for lying to the press.  lying to the press is not even a crime

But leaking CIA identities, and lying to the American people about it is criminal. You Republicans got up in arms over a f-n blowjob. How is a CIA leak not more important that what our last President did?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 01:10:17 PM »

But leaking CIA identities, and lying to the American people about it is criminal. You Republicans got up in arms over a f-n blowjob. How is a CIA leak not more important that what our last President did?

Get Bush/Cheney under oath...then things will be much harder to squirm out of.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 01:24:01 PM »

Get Bush/Cheney under oath...then things will be much harder to squirm out of.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »

This is without a doubt the most criminal, corrupt administration in the nation's history. A scant 30 years ago, when the legislative branch still had a backbone, but Bush and Cheney would have been impeached by now.

That is because the Democratic party is a  total joke. In 1969, Republican Senator Goodell introduced a resolution calling for Nixon to be impeached.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 02:02:10 PM »

What would impeaching Bush do?  Cheney would become President and nothing would change.  Cheney would then pardon Bush and nominate a new Republican VP to prevent a heart attack from giving power to Pelosi.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 02:13:16 PM »

What would impeaching Bush do?  Cheney would become President and nothing would change.  Cheney would then pardon Bush and nominate a new Republican VP to prevent a heart attack from giving power to Pelosi.

If Congress impeached Bush, I think they'd be willing to impeach Cheney and to not confirm whatever wingnut he nominated as VP.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 02:13:58 PM »

Impeaching Bush would mean... amazingly.. that he would be impeached!

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 02:20:35 PM »

No, Cheney would not become President if Bush is impeached.  Clinton was impeached, and Gore never became President.  Impeachment is just a statement by Congress listing charges against the President.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »

No, Cheney would not become President if Bush is impeached.  Clinton was impeached, and Gore never became President.  Impeachment is just a statement by Congress listing charges against the President.

The implication of the thread seemed to me to be impeachment followed by a conviction and removal from office.  Impeachment in and of itself is worthless.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 03:01:09 PM »

ooops....

Publisher: McClellan doesn't believe Bush lied
Spokesman 'did not intend to suggest' the president purposely misled him

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917188/
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 12:58:48 AM »

MSM has buried this story in a shallow grave already.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 01:04:36 AM »

I think the question is with Cheney.

There are very serious questions about what he did.

The second question is if Valerie Plame was covert or not, for which I've never had a satisfactory answer.

I think I've stated my opinion about if there was a leak of covert agent's identity.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 03:13:04 PM »

The second question is if Valerie Plame was covert or not, for which I've never had a satisfactory answer.

Hasn't that already been established as fact? If she was not covert, wouldn't people be aware of her existence, and, as such, she wouldn't have had any 'cover' to be blown?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 07:18:38 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

Do you know what for?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 08:04:12 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

Do you know what for?

According to wiki it was for Nixon's (extremely immoral, illegal, insert superlative here) invasion of cambodia.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 11:35:06 PM »

Hasn't that already been established as fact? If she was not covert, wouldn't people be aware of her existence, and, as such, she wouldn't have had any 'cover' to be blown?

No, because if the answer was yes, Libby could have been charged with much more.

The real questions are if she was a "covert agent" and if Libby knew that.  (It actually seems that Rove didn't and didn't have direct knowledge of her.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 11:49:27 AM »

I have long suspected Cheney was at the center of this and this excerpt would seem to imply that, After all, The government functions on a need-to-know basis.  Rove and Libby didn't have reason to know that Joe Wilson's wife was an undercover agent, or even a CIA agent.  So who told them.  Even if we assume Rove didn't know, someone had to have told Libby this information.  Cheney would certainly've been in a position to find out, but this raises the question of how he knew (I suspect someone in the CIA leadership, though I have no evidence to support this theory).
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 12:07:07 AM »

I have long suspected Cheney was at the center of this and this excerpt would seem to imply that, After all, The government functions on a need-to-know basis.  Rove and Libby didn't have reason to know that Joe Wilson's wife was an undercover agent, or even a CIA agent.  So who told them.  Even if we assume Rove didn't know, someone had to have told Libby this information.  Cheney would certainly've been in a position to find out, but this raises the question of how he knew (I suspect someone in the CIA leadership, though I have no evidence to support this theory).

I think you are asking the impeachable question.

It's not Bush (who probably could disclose that information legally), but Cheney.

Yes, I am taking a hard stand on this.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 12:27:26 AM »

No, because if the answer was yes, Libby could have been charged with much more.

The real questions are if she was a "covert agent" and if Libby knew that.  (It actually seems that Rove didn't and didn't have direct knowledge of her.)

According to the CIA she was a Covert agent.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 12:25:22 PM »

I think you are asking the impeachable question.

It's not Bush (who probably could disclose that information legally), but Cheney.

Yes, I am taking a hard stand on this.

I don't fault Bush for the fact that this happened, I don't even think he was involved.  But I do fault him for two other things relating to this issue.  First, Bush hasn't (willingly) made an effort to find out what happened and hold those involved responsible.  Secondly, Bush appointed Patrick Fitzgerald special prosecuter.  Fitzgerald, contrarey to press reports, has been relativly timid and non-aggressive, personally I think thats why he was picked.   Bush is acting (in my view) like someone who was uninvolved, but does not want to know what really happened out of fear of who was involved and the potential implications.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies