Interesing Tidbit about the Swift Boat Ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:42:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Interesing Tidbit about the Swift Boat Ad
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Interesing Tidbit about the Swift Boat Ad  (Read 2664 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2004, 11:14:10 PM »

TANGENTIAL CONTACT? Yeah. I'm in the same unit of a Swift Boat Group. I'm the Captain of Boat A, John Kerry is the Captain of Boat B. We see each other on an almost daily basis at the end of our patrol. While on patrol, I am your "wing man" boat and is my job to cover your ass, and vice versa. But in your sick mind, that makes our contact TANGENTIAL...if you really believe that, you need help, lots and lots of help...

Hey Mark, what is your problem?  Why can't you reply to people without using an insulting tone?  Comments like "in your sick mind" are pathetic and low.  You do this in a lot of your postings when debating with someone.

What's your problem?

Wakie,

My problem is that I get frustrated by people trying to DODGE substantive issues by focusing on things that are completely unrelated to the debate...like you are doing with your most recent post. And, if anyone views the relationship between Kerry and the Captain of a Boat who served as his "wing man" as TANGENTIAL, then they are so devoid of objectivty that it frustrates me into an angry response. Please, maybe you can explain, how in the hell is it TANGENTIAL when you have to rely on that person to watch your back and perhaps save your life?

Hey, I didn't say it was tangential.  I said that the guys are all entitled to their opinions and that they deserve to be considered (as do the opinions of men who served with George W).  But I think this election (like all elections) should not only be a discussion of the candidates but a debate about the issues.  If we're going to have any kind of discussion/debate then we need to all remain civil.

As for your feelings about a Kerry Presidency ... well, I feel a Bush second term would be horrible for America and for the world.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2004, 11:25:34 PM »

He has trouble communicating with idiots like you. Intelligent people often have such difficulties... I think he's actually pretty restrained.

I'm an idiot?  You're the one who supports a 1.68 student.

Do you mean Bush?

1) I'm not supporting him

2) that wasn't his GPA in college

3) he did well at Harvard Business school

4) probably did better than Kerry undergrad, since Kerry hasn't released his academic records and went to Boston College for law school (a good program, but for someone of his wealth and connections, not to mention Yale degree and veterans status, not overly impressive)

5) it's almost certain Bush's IQ is higher than Kerry's, though I'd be open to Kerry releasing his records; Bush's IQ is ~125, which is pretty good

1) Pardon me ... I was misled by the color of your icon.

2) I cannot confirm it, but he did describe himself as a "C-student".

3) Umm ... he graduated but according to one of his Prof's, Yoshihiro Tsurumi, he was one of the worst student he ever had.

4) Bush was rejected by U of Texas Law School but accepted to Harvard (where his family had connections).  Bush then graduated and never held a job which his family connections didn't help him get.  Kerry went on to be a prosecutor in Mass (a position where you had better have good grades to land it).

5) I'm sorry but Bush can't speak without stuttering and stammering.  He often looks confused and is described even by friends as not very curious.  Kerry, on the other hand, is extremely curious.  He is constantly devouring more and more info.  As for Bush's 125, I am unimpressed.  I know you won't believe it but my IQ is 136.  I expect the President of the US to be AT LEAST as bright as me.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2004, 11:42:17 PM »

1) All Republicans support Bush? Or did you forget what assumptions do?

2) the records are public, I think his GPA was at least a full point higher than that. You probably should not claim to know his GPA based on something he never even said, especially since "1.68" is more like a D average.

3) Well, I'm not sure you're a very reliable source (without links), but his grades were fine.

4) Anti-Bushers overestimate his family's influence, probably because Bush Sr. wound up being President. When Bush was in college, his dad was not by any means a national figure, nor were they obscenely rich. To this day, Bush is less wealthy than Cheney, Kerry, and Edwards.

5) Bush is not a good speaker, and not particularly great with the english language in general. But he is not unintelligent; he is smarter than 95% of Americans, which means that a lot of his critics are dumber than him.

Again, more tripe.. now "Kerry is curious." Apparently not curious enough to find out that he himself had lied about being in Cambodia on the floor of the Senate. Not curious enough to sponsor bills in the Senate. Not curious enough to actually have an opinion he will stand by on critical issues.

Being President does not require "curiosity." It requires administrative skills and leadership and the ability to make hard choices. Bush has already passed those tests... he manages his people well and is decisive, agree or disagree. Kerry is a waffling fraud that thinks he is hunting down Colonel Kurtz or something.

My IQ is in the upper 130 range, frankly a few points here or there don't matter. Bush is smart enough for the job, and his people are smart enough for the job. I will not vote for him because of a few issues I disagree with him on- since I live in a safe Bush state.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2004, 02:46:06 AM »

He has trouble communicating with idiots like you. Intelligent people often have such difficulties... I think he's actually pretty restrained.

I'm an idiot?  You're the one who supports a 1.68 student.

Do you mean Bush?

1) I'm not supporting him

2) that wasn't his GPA in college

3) he did well at Harvard Business school

4) probably did better than Kerry undergrad, since Kerry hasn't released his academic records and went to Boston College for law school (a good program, but for someone of his wealth and connections, not to mention Yale degree and veterans status, not overly impressive)

5) it's almost certain Bush's IQ is higher than Kerry's, though I'd be open to Kerry releasing his records; Bush's IQ is ~125, which is pretty good

Gee...  My IQ is also ~125.  Good enough for an everyday white collar professional, but not super-genius material.  In any case, I don't think Bush is dumb, I just think he is a political extremist with questionable morals.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2004, 03:42:57 AM »

1) You know, for a guy who claims he doesn't support Bush you sound an awful lot like you are.

3) Here .... from Harvard's school newspaper. http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=503181

4) When Bush was in college his family was still quite prominent and still quite wealthy.  His father was in Congress.  His grandfather was a Senator.

5) You claimed Kerry was "not curious enough to sponsor bills in the Senate".  This is ridiculous.  Check out http://thomas.loc.gov/  An official listing of all legislation to pass through Congress since 1973.  You can go year by year and search by who sponsored, etc.  Some people argue that he doesn't have any legislation named after him.  Well, I ask you what was Bob Dole's big legislation?  John Kerry authored the Defense of Women Act.  He was also smart enough to know that if you wanted to get something through Congress you tack it on as an amendment to a bigger bill which is being sponsored by a Committee head.
khirkhib

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2004, 04:37:51 AM »

Because I am tired and drunk (it was my best friends birthday tonight) and though I fame myself as the level headed unknown liberal on this board I feal like sharing something from Bush's past.  Rubgy.

http://www.thismodernworld.com/weblog/mtarchives/week_2004_08_08.html#001687 Man this sport looks tough,  I call that move the unilateral field goal.

also for the artists of the board I have
http://homepage.mac.com/krousen/Bush%20site/index.html and I have to say in my minds eye I see bush as; thinning hair, drunk, needs a shave.

Anyway if I didn't have so many friends who were special education teachers I would say that this discussion is retarded.  Vietnam was dumb, we shouldn't have been there, there are no heroes, there are no villians, the only way that you can be considered evil during Vietnam is if you dodged the war and encouraged the US to fight in it at the same time, other than that there is no shame in avoiding it including Bush's dodge and since there are no heroes let us just for the carpenter's sake forget it.  We have better issues to contend with.  

Don't hate me because I get to go to bars on a tuesday.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies