Environmental Policy Bill of 2007
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:20:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Environmental Policy Bill of 2007
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Environmental Policy Bill of 2007  (Read 8893 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2007, 05:44:43 PM »

This legislation has enough votes to pass. Senators have 24 hours to change their votes.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2007, 08:03:55 PM »

Result on Final Passage
Aye: 6 (Verily; SoS; Sensei; Ebowed; Earl; Moderate)
Nay: 1 (Sam)
Abstain [Didn't vote]: 3 (afleitch; Brandon; Friz)

With six in favor and one opposed, this legislation passes and is presented to the President for his signature.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2007, 09:51:51 PM »

I take it that the President isn't exactly enthralled with this bill -otherwise it would have been signed by now.  Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2007, 09:59:19 PM »

I take it that the President isn't exactly enthralled with this bill -otherwise it would have been signed by now.  Tongue
Perhaps, but he may as well, as theres no way around its passing.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2007, 10:14:12 PM »

So quick to jump to conclusions. I'm more trying to wrap my mind around a car that gets 57 MPG especially when the current mode of transportation gets 15. Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2007, 10:14:43 PM »

X Colin Wixted
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2007, 02:04:35 AM »

So quick to jump to conclusions. I'm more trying to wrap my mind around a car that gets 57 MPG especially when the current mode of transportation gets 15. Smiley

Wrap your mind around plug-in/gas hybrids.  The future is now, but Detroit won't do it on their own without a darn big push...
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2007, 12:28:06 PM »

Wrap your mind around plug-in/gas hybrids.  The future is now, but Detroit won't do it on their own without a darn big push...

Well as long as they can make the technology affordable, and doesn't cost $5,000 more than a similar all-gas car, I'm fine with it. I'm sure with standards like this though the car manufacturers will have to develop these affordable and clean technologies.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2007, 02:18:26 PM »

Well as long as they can make the technology affordable, and doesn't cost $5,000 more than a similar all-gas car, I'm fine with it. I'm sure with standards like this though the car manufacturers will have to develop these affordable and clean technologies.

Well, the senate did pass (and Mr. President did sign) a bill offering up to $6,000 in tax credits to those who purchase one of these next-generation cars rather than an all-gas car, which should cover any initial increased costs for the consumer in the short term.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2007, 07:00:26 PM »

Well, the senate did pass (and Mr. President did sign) a bill offering up to $6,000 in tax credits to those who purchase one of these next-generation cars rather than an all-gas car, which should cover any initial increased costs for the consumer in the short term.

Quite true.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies