Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:39:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline?
Anyone should be allowed to

Only members of the Church

No; mescaline should be completely illegal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline?  (Read 12653 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »

It still effects your judgement way more than alcohol does.  And you can have a glass of wine and not be drunk/still be fully funcitonal.
So your for the legalization of pot then?  You can smoke as much pot as you want and still drive better than somebody with a 6 pack in them.

You're missing my point.  People don't just smoke enough so that they aren't effected.  You shouldn't drive drunk or even get drunk for that matter - and if you DO drink and endanger somebody, you should be punished - but if you're home alone and do whatever, I really don't care.  But smoking pot is a lot different than having a bear or a glass of wine.
So mescaline is bad because it, according to you, effects your judgement more than alcohol.  But pot is bad because it's different than beer or wine.  You don't care if people drink a case of Bud Lights a day as long as it's in their own home.  But if a guy wants to smoke a joint when he gets home from work to relax, in his own home, it's bad....because it's different.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2007, 05:14:45 PM »

but if you're home alone and do whatever, I really don't care.  But smoking pot is a lot different than having a bear or a glass of wine.

Please explain.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »

But smoking pot is a lot different than having a bear or a glass of wine.

I know a guy who smokes pot fairly often with friends in his home.  He and his friends get together and pass the joint around and hang out and enjoy it and they have a good social time... you know, completely identical to how people drink beer or wine with friends.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2007, 01:10:35 AM »

I know a guy who smokes pot fairly often with friends in his home.  He and his friends get together and pass the joint around and hang out and enjoy it and they have a good social time... you know, completely identical to how people drink beer or wine with friends.

OK - but are most pot smokers generally responsible?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2007, 01:28:03 AM »

No more or less so than your average drinker.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2007, 01:28:12 AM »

How many people have been killed to date by drivers who are drunk?

And how many people have been killed to date by drivers who are high off of marijuana?

You do the math.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2007, 04:13:12 AM »

How many people have been killed to date by drivers who are drunk?

And how many people have been killed to date by drivers who are high off of marijuana?

You do the math.

Debate indefinitely suspended...I've been debating the legality of drug use for 4 months or so now - and I'm beginning to become more confident that I should switch over.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2007, 05:47:26 AM »

I was in my early 20's before I switched over.  Be careful though.  First you stop hating on pot, then prostitution, then all victimless crimes, then your against the Department of Education and the Patriot Act....next thing you know you're sending Ron Paul $100. Grin
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2007, 04:40:37 AM »

I was in my early 20's before I switched over.  Be careful though.  First you stop hating on pot, then prostitution, then all victimless crimes, then your against the Department of Education and the Patriot Act....next thing you know you're sending Ron Paul $100. Grin

As of now - it's only marijuana - I've had too many family members get WAY too messed up on heroine.  At least my pot smoking uncle returned to normalicyishness - he still claims he was abducted, but I can live with that.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2007, 04:48:43 AM »

As of now - it's only marijuana - I've had too many family members get WAY too messed up on heroine.  At least my pot smoking uncle returned to normalicyishness - he still claims he was abducted, but I can live with that.

Nobody disputes the fact that people get messed up on heroin.  The problem is that making it illegal does not stop people from using it, and enforcing its illegality by locking up those using it only serves to hurt the very people who need help more than anything.  People addicted to heroin need help, not jail time.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »

yes, all soft drugs should be legal (but restricted, regulated, and heavily taxed)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies