Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 07:09:54 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: Peter, afleitch)
| | |-+  Israel opinion poll thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: Israel opinion poll thread  (Read 16956 times)
Hnv1
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2014, 05:27:17 am »
Ignore

Likud now has 20 MKs and Yesh Atid has 19.

There is speculation that in his capacity as Foreign Minister, Lieberman will appoint Likud MK Carmel Shama-Hacohen (who actually only became an MK like a week ago, replacing Ruby Rivlin, who became President) as Ambassador to the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe. He would then be replaced by the next person on the Likud Betenyu list, who is from Yisrael Betenyu. That would mean Likud and Yesh Atid would be tied for 19 seats each.
He's going to be an ambassador for OECD* It was reported that he was already in Paris checking for schools for his children.
Add to this interesting situation Herzog attempts to get Livni to join in with him and that will bring him to 21 seats...
danny
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2014, 12:22:36 pm »
Ignore

new poll from Haaretz:

Likud: 25
Jewish Home: 16
Labour: 15
Yisrael Beitenu: 14
Yesh Atid: 13
Meretz: 10
Shas: 7
UTJ: 7
Livni: 4
"Arab parties": 9

Hnv1
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2014, 06:52:25 am »
Ignore

new poll from Haaretz:

Likud: 25
Jewish Home: 16
Yisrael Beitenu: 14
Yesh Atid: 13
Livni: 4
"Arab parties": 9
There's the "Kahloun" wild card still to play, and I hear whispers Herzog is scheming some schemes for due date as well. so as always Israeli polls mean nothing.
danny
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 17, 2014, 04:51:25 pm »
Ignore

Another poll from the Knesset channel:

Likud: 24
Jewish Home: 19
Yesh Atid: 11
Yisrael Beitenu: 8
Shas: 6
Kachlon: 6
Livni: 5
RAAM-TAAL: 3
Hadash: 3
Balad: 3

swl
France

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2014, 03:59:34 pm »
Ignore

For those who read the Israeli press in English, how would you define the political position of the Jerusalem Post? Which party is it the closest to? Or is mostly for readers in North-America rather than Israeli?

Also, what papers would supporters of Jewish Home usually read?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:03:40 pm by swl »Logged
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2014, 10:48:54 pm »
Ignore

Jewish Home supporters would read Makor Rishon, the National Religious newspaper.

Arutz Sheva (Channel 7) is the National Religious news channel, which also has a pretty extensive English language website.

You can tell their orientation because they both call the West Bank "Judea and Samaria" that's a right-wing shibboleth, just like if an American news source says "Democrat Party".

The Jerusalem Post is centrist to soft left. It was aligned with Labor and then Kadima. As there really isn't a left-wing opposition anymore it's kind of just floating around. It defends Netanyahu pretty hard against the right-wing of Likud but other than that is kind of generic, neo-liberal, two state solution supporter. I'm talking about their English coverage of course, I can't read Hebrew.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2014, 01:06:51 am »
Ignore

Ariel Atias, one of the three leaders of Shas, resigned from the Knesset for no reason apparently.
Hnv1
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2014, 05:08:42 pm »
Ignore

The leftiest English newspaper would be Times of Israel, Haaretz.com
I would call the Post centrist with a soft right tendency.

Regarding Makur Rishon, the elite/hardcore of the JH reads that the mass of voters probably read anything from Israel Hayum/Maariv/YH. By the way in an interesting twist of events Sheldon Edelson bought Makur Rishon recently and last week changed the entire board and editors.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2014, 09:57:27 pm »
Ignore

Regarding Makur Rishon, the elite/hardcore of the JH reads that the mass of voters probably read anything from Israel Hayum/Maariv/YH. By the way in an interesting twist of events Sheldon Edelson bought Makur Rishon recently and last week changed the entire board and editors.

Would it be far to say that people who were in the old NRP read Makur Rishon and most of the new supporters brought in by Bennett probably read Israel Hayum?
Hnv1
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2014, 06:24:16 am »
Ignore

Would it be far to say that people who were in the old NRP read Makur Rishon and most of the new supporters brought in by Bennett probably read Israel Hayum?
To some degree, Tkuma people also read MR and Bennet himself comes from the heart of the old NRP not from the settlers elite. You will also find a large chunk of secular YH/Maariv readers amongst Bennet voters.
And I will also add 'Israel Hayum reader' is a pretty broad term. It is distributed for free on the train, buses, town centres so it's hard to  to have a strict range of readers (I read it on the train when I commute and I also have an Haaretz subscription), from lower middle class voters who read it as a prime media source I would say it's mostly Likud and some JH.
Makor Rishon was also not founded to be a masses paper, the idea was to create a right wing Haaretz (on the model of the frankfurt allgemein zeitung) hence it is less reachable for the everyday Joe without good formal education.
swl
France

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2014, 09:07:22 am »
Ignore

Thank you both for your answers. Thanks to its prestige, many foreigners (including me) opt for Haaretz when they want news from Israel, but unfortunately it's not really representative of the current mood in the country.
danny
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2014, 10:23:21 am »
Ignore

New Knesset channel poll:

Likud: 30
Jewish Home: 18
Yesh Atid: 10
Shas: 9
Hatnua: 4
RAAM TAAL: 3

Do you think Hanin Zouabi's citizenship should be revoked?

Yes: 78% (it only lists the yes, I couldn't find how many said no/don't know).

Hnv1
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 01, 2014, 08:31:23 am »
Ignore

War time polls are always right biased. I will wait for after the war we find out we lost 60+ troops for nothing, the blame game begins, and 2015 budget with the shock doctrine to pay for this war hits. I honestly think Bibi is done and dusted
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 01, 2014, 10:47:21 am »
Ignore

War time polls are always right biased. I will wait for after the war we find out we lost 60+ troops for nothing, the blame game begins, and 2015 budget with the shock doctrine to pay for this war hits. I honestly think Bibi is done and dusted

If Bibi is done, who could possibly take over?
Hnv1
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 02, 2014, 06:06:48 am »
Ignore

If Bibi is done, who could possibly take over?
I think we will either see Herzog with a team of generals around him, or maybe someother new star (Diskin?) The right traditionally takes a term to regroup around a new leader
danny
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 08, 2014, 12:01:15 am »
Ignore

Channel 2 poll:

Likud: 23
Jewish Home: 15
Labour: 14
Yisrael Beitenu: 12
Shas: 8
RAAM-TAAL, BALAD: 7 (the poll assumes they will merge)
Kachlon: 7
Meretz: 6
Hatnua: 6
Hadash: 5

danny
YaBB God
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 16, 2014, 11:22:16 pm »
Ignore

Another knesset channel poll:

Likud: 28
Jewish Home: 19
Yesh Atid: 11
Yisrael Beitenu: 9
Hadash:4
RAAM-TAAL: 3

Are you pleased with the conduct of Prime Minister Netanyahu during the  Cairo negotiations?
52% No
33% Yes

Should Israel cooperate with the UN inquiry commission?

Yes: 35%
no: 55%

Will the UN inquiry commission be fair or are the conclusions known ahead of time?

91% Conclusions leaning towards the Palestinians
2% Conclusions will be fair

Should Israel conduct direct negotiations with Hamas regarding the Gaza Strip?
69% No
21% Yes

Should Israel agree to ease the blockade on Gaza?
76% No, 18% Yes

Which candidate is most fit to be Prime Minister?
30% Prime Minister Netanyahu, 16% Economy Minister Bennett, 11% Oppositon Leader Herzog, 6% Foreign Minister Liberman, 6% Justice Minister Livni, 3% Defense Minister Yaalon, 3% Finance Minister Lapid. 25% None of them.

Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 16, 2014, 11:52:13 pm »
Ignore

3% for Lapid is terrible for him. Does that mean basically all the people who support Yesh Atid in the party poll are Netanyahu supporters?
Hnv1
Israel

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 17, 2014, 05:28:32 am »
Ignore

3% for Lapid is terrible for him. Does that mean basically all the people who support Yesh Atid in the party poll are Netanyahu supporters?
No. some trend Likud and some Meretz or even JH (meretz gains are of YT voters not Labour which is interesting). But I think most people who said they would still vote YT will admit Lapid will be an incompetent leader. Too many slip ups, looks too fresh and not very bright, self-righteous.
The amount of hate he gets from the left is truly amazing (and by my account deserved), I don't recall a centre leader so despised by the left. People would really rather see Bibi reign then him. In the right they view him as a buffoon. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout