Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2015, 08:53:23 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: Peter, afleitch)
| | |-+  France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] Print
Author Topic: France General Discussion II: Living under Marxism  (Read 230159 times)
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 08, 2015, 09:14:29 am »
Ignore

Okay, I see there were two posts posted about this while I wrote mine.

swl
France

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 08, 2015, 04:30:03 pm »
Ignore

Marine Le Pen and her main lieutenants declared their opposition to JMLP running during the regional elections in December (he was expected to be the FN frontrunner in the PACA region). As the article says, we will now this month who they choose as candidates. They would also like to expel him from the party, but it's unclear whether it's possible under the party's status.

Meanwhile, the UMP officially voted for the dates (20 and 27 december 2016) and the form of their primary election (discussed above). Moreover, it has been confirmed that from May 30th we should not talk about the UMP anymore, but about "Les Républicains".
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 13, 2015, 06:49:09 am »
Ignore

Panzerdaddy's not running after all.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.16, S: -5.91

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 13, 2015, 09:10:38 pm »
Ignore

Moreover, it has been confirmed that from May 30th we should not talk about the UMP anymore, but about "Les Républicains".

lol is this to piss off the leftwingers?
You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 14, 2015, 09:43:01 am »
Ignore

People's Front of Judea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

swl
France

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 14, 2015, 04:01:34 pm »
Ignore

Moreover, it has been confirmed that from May 30th we should not talk about the UMP anymore, but about "Les Républicains".

Main reason is that Sarkozy needs a fresh image. He is betting that people will trust him when he says that he is a different man. So it's a new party of a "new man".

Of course they are trying to monopolize the role of "defenders of the Republic", which pisses off every one else.
Sigmund
Zanas46
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 21, 2015, 03:41:21 am »
Ignore

Main reason is that Sarkozy needs a fresh image. He is betting that people will trust him when he says that he is a different man. So it's a new party of a "new man".

Of course they are trying to monopolize the role of "defenders of the Republic", which pisses off every one else.
Should be noted that internally, the new name isn't unanimously welcomed, like at all. I know from UMP members (that I only know from a French political forum, I promptly reassure you Wink) that the odds are rather for keeping UMP than changing to "Les Républicains". Wait and see.

"F**k you Lion, I'm the King !" Mr Bear

IN NATE WE TRUST

Long Live Bretzels !

That's not how the left works.  We make swords out of our enemy's iron thrones.

My French blog
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 04, 2015, 01:49:38 pm »
Ignore

Panzerdaddy suspended from the FN.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
NewYorkExpress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 04, 2015, 03:42:58 pm »
Ignore

That's the most blatant attempt of electioneering I've seen in years.  Marine "Panzergirl" Le Pen, is making us American politicos proud with her pretending that she, and her National Front don't believe this anti-semetic, protectionist, and xenophobic garbage that Jean Marie "Panzerdaddy" Le Pen has spewed out over the years. It's straight out of Karl Rove's playbook, and it must be thwarted.

So how DO you solve a problem like Maria?
Beezer
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 05, 2015, 03:22:05 am »
Ignore

Jean-Marie Le Pen called the FN’s decision “felony” on Monday. “I don’t acknowledge any link with someone who betrays me in such a scandalous manner,” Mr Le Pen told Europe 1 radio station. “I am ashamed that the president of the National Front bears my name and I want her to lose it as soon as possible.” He suggested she marry Louis Aliot, 45, or Florian Philippot, 33, two of the vice-presidents of the party.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/1e312e5c-f298-11e4-b914-00144feab7de.html#axzz3ZFaAMzXP

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: May 05, 2015, 04:59:51 am »
Ignore

That's hardcore trolling from him.

Especially the part about marrying Aliot or Philippot.

Aliot is already her partner since 2009, while Philippot is gay. Let's consider FN has five vice-president, why naming only those two?
Simfan34
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 30, 2015, 04:56:13 pm »
Ignore

Should be noted that internally, the new name isn't unanimously welcomed, like at all. I know from UMP members (that I only know from a French political forum, I promptly reassure you Wink) that the odds are rather for keeping UMP than changing to "Les Républicains". Wait and see.

It is done. http://www.republicains.fr/

The republicanism in this thread is disgusting.

We don't know how many cars this family has, only that they consume 1/4 of a $60k car per year.
Αλληλεγγύη
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 30, 2015, 05:09:12 pm »
Ignore

Yay! This is the greatest thing evah!

RIP Greece. RIP European Federalism.

"It's easy to confuse what is with what ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favor."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones, ep. 5x09
Mideast Governor windjammer
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 11, 2015, 01:58:02 pm »
Ignore

Wooow,
It appears that Hollande handled the greek crisis quite positively. Glad to see he doesn't always f*** up.

Flo   it seems like everytime i talk to you i have some sort of illness
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US state senates
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US State Houses
swl
France

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 19, 2015, 03:15:28 pm »
Ignore

It's a funny thing that quite a large number of French people judge Hollande positively on the wars in Mali or Centrafrica, on its reaction to the terrorist attacks or during the decisive talks of this week, but still despise anyway because he looks bad on pictures.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:49:45 pm by swl »Logged
Αλληλεγγύη
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 19, 2015, 03:30:02 pm »
Ignore

It's a funny thing that quite a large number of French people judge Hollande positively on the wars in Mali or Centrafrica, on its reaction to terrorist attacks or during the decisive talks of this week, but still despise anyway because he looks bad on pictures.

No, the reason is that nobody in France cares about foreign policy.

"It's easy to confuse what is with what ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favor."

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 29, 2015, 03:16:28 pm »
Ignore

Panzerparty votes to expel Panzerdaddy.

7.35, 3.65

Αλληλεγγύη
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 29, 2015, 03:27:15 pm »
Ignore

Family meetings will be fun from now on. Tongue

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 29, 2015, 03:44:13 pm »
Ignore

Hollande reiterates that if the jobs numbers don't improve next year, he won't run for reelection. Believe when seen. Wonder if a president will ever leave office popular.

7.35, 3.65

Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 29, 2015, 04:10:57 pm »
Ignore

Wooow,
It appears that Hollande handled the greek crisis quite positively. Glad to see he doesn't always f*** up.

Not only has saved our collective ass but he successfully recruited Renzi to form an alliance against Germany's increasing hegemony of the EU.
A France-Italy axis might be necessary if hardliners like Schauble continue to aggressively push for the transformation of the Eurozone into a permanent austerity neo-liberal paradise.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout