Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2014, 05:22:22 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: Peter, afleitch)
| | |-+  BREAKING: American forces bomb ISIS targets in Iraq
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: BREAKING: American forces bomb ISIS targets in Iraq  (Read 9231 times)
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2014, 06:10:28 pm »
Ignore

it's amazing how easily the war machine can be fired up.  every news affiliate is running stories "ISIS recruiting Americans and smuggling across Mexican border?  details at 7"  this after Iraq-2003 became the most unpopular war in the history of post-industrial revolution imperial society.  it helps that it's a Democrat, otherwise liberals would be asking the more uncomfortable questions, while Republicans are only capable of thinking of it as a "bad investment"

there's no ghosts in the graveyard, that's not where they live
they live in between a, 'what is' and 'what if?'
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2014, 05:23:22 am »
Ignore

it's amazing how easily the war machine can be fired up.  every news affiliate is running stories "ISIS recruiting Americans and smuggling across Mexican border?  details at 7"  this after Iraq-2003 became the most unpopular war in the history of post-industrial revolution imperial society.  it helps that it's a Democrat, otherwise liberals would be asking the more uncomfortable questions, while Republicans are only capable of thinking of it as a "bad investment"

It looks like ISIS will be used as an excuse to go after Assad. We'll give arms to some "moderate" Al Qaeda affiliated rebel groups. I'm sure things will go great there.
Velasco
andi
YaBB God
Western Sahara

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2014, 10:07:12 am »
Ignore

It looks like ISIS will be used as an excuse to go after Assad. We'll give arms to some "moderate" Al Qaeda affiliated rebel groups. I'm sure things will go great there.

Really?

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 18, 2014, 11:03:37 am »
Ignore

Wow, you really have no clue.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2014, 11:27:01 am »
Ignore

I heard Chuck Hagel say quite clearly that we are only arming rebel groups at war with both Assad and ISIS. So, this is an indirect attempt to oust him as well.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 18, 2014, 11:35:39 am »
Ignore

I heard Chuck Hagel say quite clearly that we are only arming rebel groups at war with both Assad and ISIS. So, this is an indirect attempt to oust him as well.

Tony's blinders surprise me here.

Ten in Roman Numerals
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2014, 12:18:36 pm »
Ignore

Indeed, beyond which, this isn't a case like Rwanda where strategically deploying a few troops in select locations would quickly halt (or in this case prevent) genocide.  If we go in, we'll have just deliberately stepped on a bear trap and won't be getting out for quite some time.  Apparently, no one learned anything from Iraq Sad

The thing that has always amazed me is how a lot of people in places like Topeka, Reno, or Panama City think that terrorists are going to attack *their* hometown.  As if Al-Qaeda's top target is Panama City Tongue lol

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed

○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 19, 2014, 02:13:11 am »
Ignore

Indeed, beyond which, this isn't a case like Rwanda where strategically deploying a few troops in select locations would quickly halt (or in this case prevent) genocide.  If we go in, we'll have just deliberately stepped on a bear trap and won't be getting out for quite some time.  Apparently, no one learned anything from Iraq Sad

The thing that has always amazed me is how a lot of people in places like Topeka, Reno, or Panama City think that terrorists are going to attack *their* hometown.  As if Al-Qaeda's top target is Panama City Tongue lol

And there's the killing of Christians by the non Kurdish Syrian rebels. Ironic that I, as a non Christian, have to point this out to the Christians in this country.
Ten in Roman Numerals
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 19, 2014, 09:14:32 am »
Ignore

And there's the killing of Christians by the non Kurdish Syrian rebels. Ironic that I, as a non Christian, have to point this out to the Christians in this country.

Don't worry, we're only arming moderates Roll Eyes

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed

London Man
Silent Hunter
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2014, 11:11:40 am »
Ignore

And now the French have arrived; this really is a funny world

Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -7.65

P P
View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2014, 02:28:38 pm »
Ignore

Smart take.

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #261 on: Today at 11:14:36 am »
Ignore

Former Defense Secretary Panetta weighs in.....sounds a lot like what Gates just said.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout