Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 28, 2015, 07:06:00 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: Peter, afleitch)
| | |-+  Do you support Grexit?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Do you support Grexit
Yes   -38 (67.9%)
No   -15 (26.8%)
Other   -3 (5.4%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Do you support Grexit?  (Read 897 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 06:20:04 pm »
Ignore

No, I support making the Euro a real common currency rather than the monstrosity we have now.

My evolution (by The Political Matrix):
E: -6.06 -> -6.97 -> -6.97 -> -8.13 -> -7.29 -> -8.26 -> -8.65 -> -7.03
S: -6.78 -> -6.09 -> -7.30 -> -7.13 -> -8.09 -> -8.35 -> -9.04 -> -8.61
Beezer
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 06:27:34 pm »
Ignore

It's like crashing against a wall, certain narratives will remain the same in spite of developments.

Grexit and a general contraction in size of the eurozone. The EZ is clearly not working and it is endangering the general European project.

The Eurozone is not working because there's a misguided political direction and a defective institutional architecture. Neither of the two is the Greece's fault. Another question is if you need a scapegoat. On the other hand, there's not 'European project' at this point.

Greece is part of the problem. As is a general difference in opinion about the role of the ECB and a variety of other policy questions. Which is why it makes sense to limit the euro to an area where you have a broad agreement on those matters. There is no point in lumping together countries on the other hand that have immense cultural differences concerning these issues.
Velasco
andi
YaBB God
Western Sahara

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: Today at 04:44:47 am »
Ignore

There is no point in lumping together countries on the other hand that have immense cultural differences concerning these issues.

Cultural differences in the origin of a bad institutional design and the role of the ECB? LOL. Greece is only a symptom of that and your sentence - which just reflects a extended thinking- only proves that the so called European project is dead for many. Actually you are Eurosceptic, it's only that you haven't realised.

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Today at 04:54:28 am »
Ignore

No, he is for Europe, as long than Germany is running it.
Beezer
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Today at 06:01:36 am »
Ignore

No, I am for cooperation on a variety of topics that Europeans can agree on. I do think that the EU sans Euro has been a fantastic success story. W/o European integration, some countries in Europe might have slid back into authoritarianism during the last economic crisis. Being within the European fold has kept them on a relatively tight leash though. I enjoy traveling through a Europe w/o borders and having the ability to relatively easily move between member states.

Cultural differences in the origin of a bad institutional design and the role of the ECB? LOL.

I don't get what there is to lol about. The Germans wanted this kind of ECB. German politicians would in all likelihood never have signed up to a project guided by a less Bundesbanky ECB while other nations begrudgingly signed up to such a framework. So as you can see some of the problems are down to rather different interpretations of the role and scope of a central bank.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout