Australia General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:02:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australia General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australia General Discussion  (Read 252068 times)
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« on: February 01, 2014, 05:23:51 PM »

Not all Australians are going to consider the PM, I quote, "a prick", for making noises about wanting to deport asylum seekers.
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 07:20:29 AM »

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/dow-chief-andrew-liveris-australian-politics-an-embarrassment-on-world-stage/story-fn59niix-1227024928077

Australian politics is terrible because - er, Labor won't back their opponents, the coalition, in the Senate; Liberals and Labor use nasty words against each other; apparently as Labor have more Senate votes than Palmer the coalition should hook up with Labor not rely on Palmer & Co......

I don't know really. The criticism appears to be that Australian politics isn't dumbly bi-partisan after the American model, basically. This may have something to do with party members pre-select party candidates in the standard Anglosphere way rather than have anyone who cares to do it as in the US.

Australian politics have been like this for approx 90 years. British politics isn't that far off. Needless to say I don't care two straws for Liveris' stupid position.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies