Australia General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australia General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australia General Discussion  (Read 252024 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: May 09, 2013, 02:08:16 AM »
« edited: May 09, 2013, 04:46:40 AM by politicus »

Yes. If this election was actually fought on the economy, Liberals would have Hockey or Turnbull as their leader.

If you should give a top three on the issues that are going to decide this election, what would they be?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 01:47:47 AM »

Defender of the Aussie housewives.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 12:37:38 PM »

FF
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 06:23:19 AM »

I kind of disagree that it will be Bishop.

She's an unmarried, childless woman ... everything said about Gillard would come into play. That doesn't sit well with a lot of the voting base. She also knows that people started digging into Gillard's private life the moment she became PM... it would be the same for Bishop and let's say there's certainly some decent skeletons to find.

I think Bishop is actually content where she is, for the above reasons and others.

My money is on Turnbull PM, Bishop retains Deputy and FA and Morrison gets kicked up to Treasurer.

What sort of skeletons?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 06:40:44 AM »

I kind of disagree that it will be Bishop.

She's an unmarried, childless woman ... everything said about Gillard would come into play. That doesn't sit well with a lot of the voting base. She also knows that people started digging into Gillard's private life the moment she became PM... it would be the same for Bishop and let's say there's certainly some decent skeletons to find.

I think Bishop is actually content where she is, for the above reasons and others.

My money is on Turnbull PM, Bishop retains Deputy and FA and Morrison gets kicked up to Treasurer.

What sort of skeletons?
My mum mentioned something about screwing over people making abestos claims when she was a lawyer.

That's actually pretty well known. There are some that I personally think are off limits, but the media won't.

Hmm, so how did you get access to this non-publicly known info about Bishop?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 12:01:41 PM »

The Bulgarian lady director of UNESCO will get the job.

It is not Europe's turn.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 11:36:13 PM »

Is that official?

Eastern Europe has not been part of the post-Hammarskiöld rotation schedule:

Asia (10), Western Europe and Others (10), Latin America and Caribbean (10), Africa (15), Asia(-Pacific) (10).

There have been three European SGs whereas the non-European part of Western Europe and Others has never had a SG.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 09:47:28 PM »

Queensland federal LNP member for Dawson George Christensen is speaking at a rally for hate group Reclaim Australia.

Weird how Danish-Australians seem to produce so many right wing nutters, while Danish-Americans seem to be fairly moderate.

Also, the Wiki page claims he is Greek Orthodox.. Whats up with that?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 06:32:22 AM »

Plebiscites are also non-binding so even if one was held and the vote was overwhelmingly in favour Abbott could still decline to legislate on it for whatever reason. It's all a deceptive ploy.

In most developed democracies plebiscites are considered morally binding and it is "political suicide" to ignore their result. Is that really different in Australia? If so, why?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies