Affirmative Action Reform Bill of 2007 [Failed] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:24:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Affirmative Action Reform Bill of 2007 [Failed] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Affirmative Action Reform Bill of 2007 [Failed]  (Read 4116 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 02, 2007, 04:04:33 PM »

I'm not sure why a school needs equal numbers of male and female P.E. teachers.  Male P.E. teachers can't handle female students and vice versa?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 11:44:05 PM »

I'm not sure why a school needs equal numbers of male and female P.E. teachers.  Male P.E. teachers can't handle female students and vice versa?

The more important thing is that, say, if a school has three P.E. teachers, at least one of them is of the other sex.  Rather than three male or three female teachers.  Having an equal amount is only a good idea if the school is large enough to warrant having a higher, even number of P.E. teachers.

Keep in mind that in a lot of schools P.E. teachers are also responsible for health and sex education.  Students who have private questions will feel more comfortable asking the teacher of the same sex.

I've had health/sex ed with both male and female teachers; gay and straight teachers.  Honestly, I saw little difference in the two.  And I'd much rather have the best teachers teaching sex ed, rather than ones picked for gender compatibility.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 11:22:19 PM »

Nay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies