Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:06:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline?
Anyone should be allowed to

Only members of the Church

No; mescaline should be completely illegal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline?  (Read 12664 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: December 03, 2007, 05:23:17 PM »

Should members of the Church of Peyote or Native American Church be allowed to consume mescaline?

[Mescaline is a psychadelic substance found in several species of cacti, including the Peyote.  Mescaline is classified as a Schedule I drug, but several states allow an exemption for Native Americans or members of the Church of Peyote under freedom of religion laws.]
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 09:48:48 PM »

But the consumption of the drug is necessary for them to fulfill their religious obligations.

The religion existed before the ban on using mescaline did, in case you think that it was set up just to get around drug law.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 10:56:09 PM »

I love how Ebowed assumed that I thought the religion was a bogus way to get around the law, and then when I informed him that I knew it was a real religion he hasn't posted since.

I don't have the time to reply to every post on this forum, numbskull.  Anyway, the fact that you weren't ignorant about it just makes your position on the issue all the more ridiculous.

It is a non-addictive psychadelic drug.  It would generally only be dangerous if someone drove under the influence, which members of the church do not do.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 04:23:32 AM »

I just find it funny that you assumed that I was making an ignorant judgment.  And numbskull?  I haven't heard that since about 3rd grade.

You still haven't provided any rationale to prohibit religious-based consumption of mescaline.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2007, 04:22:33 PM by Ebowed »

It's an illegal drug - you can't do illegal stuff just for the sake of religion.

LOL!

The drug is not illegal if you are a member of the church, thus your argument makes no sense.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 07:21:31 PM »

Alcohol is considered one of the most intoxicating substances known to man.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 05:14:45 PM »

but if you're home alone and do whatever, I really don't care.  But smoking pot is a lot different than having a bear or a glass of wine.

Please explain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies