Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:24:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline?
Anyone should be allowed to

Only members of the Church

No; mescaline should be completely illegal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Should members of the Church of Peyote be allowed to consume mescaline?  (Read 12662 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: December 06, 2007, 04:32:46 AM »

I just find it funny that you assumed that I was making an ignorant judgment.  And numbskull?  I haven't heard that since about 3rd grade.

You still haven't provided any rationale to prohibit religious-based consumption of mescaline.

Or consumption of it in general, for that matter.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 04:58:01 PM »

It's an illegal drug - you can't do illegal stuff just for the sake of religion.

Wait, are you arguing that mescaline should be illegal because it's illegal (even though it isn't illegal)?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 11:26:42 PM »

Mescaline is not physically addictive.  Why do you support having it illegal while alcohol is not illegal?  Beyond the extent to which the effects go, there isn't a lot of difference.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 05:52:54 PM »

Mescaline is not physically addictive.  Why do you support having it illegal while alcohol is not illegal?  Beyond the extent to which the effects go, there isn't a lot of difference.

No response yet, I see.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 08:04:06 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2007, 08:05:49 PM by Gabu »

It still effects your judgement way more than alcohol does.  And you can have a glass of wine and not be drunk/still be fully funcitonal.

So?  Tons of people get drunk off their ass all the time.  And a not insignificant chunk of those go out driving when drunk and kill people every year.  The fact that it's possible to drink without getting drunk is irrelevant.  Meanwhile, ever heard of a guy driving while high off mescaline who killed someone?

Which is really more dangerous here?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »

But smoking pot is a lot different than having a bear or a glass of wine.

I know a guy who smokes pot fairly often with friends in his home.  He and his friends get together and pass the joint around and hang out and enjoy it and they have a good social time... you know, completely identical to how people drink beer or wine with friends.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 01:28:12 AM »

But smoking pot is a lot different than having a bear or a glass of wine.

I know a guy who smokes pot fairly often with friends in his home.  He and his friends get together and pass the joint around and hang out and enjoy it and they have a good social time... you know, completely identical to how people drink beer or wine with friends.

OK - but are most pot smokers generally responsible?

How many people have been killed to date by drivers who are drunk?

And how many people have been killed to date by drivers who are high off of marijuana?

You do the math.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 04:48:43 AM »

I was in my early 20's before I switched over.  Be careful though.  First you stop hating on pot, then prostitution, then all victimless crimes, then your against the Department of Education and the Patriot Act....next thing you know you're sending Ron Paul $100. Grin

As of now - it's only marijuana - I've had too many family members get WAY too messed up on heroine.  At least my pot smoking uncle returned to normalicyishness - he still claims he was abducted, but I can live with that.

Nobody disputes the fact that people get messed up on heroin.  The problem is that making it illegal does not stop people from using it, and enforcing its illegality by locking up those using it only serves to hurt the very people who need help more than anything.  People addicted to heroin need help, not jail time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies