Which of these towns would you most like to live in?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:11:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Which of these towns would you most like to live in?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: So?
A
B
C
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Which of these towns would you most like to live in?  (Read 2034 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 03:54:10 PM »

And as for me, I'd strongly prefer living in Hoboken.  If I had to move back down to New Jersey, it's literally the first town I'd look into—easy subway access into New York City, and, even cooler, commuter ferry service.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 03:55:48 PM »

So why stay dry since then? And the rest of NJ towns that are? That sounds bizarre, you can expect that in Kentucky or Mississippi, but New Jersey, wow, weird.

Best place in New Jersey: New Brunswick
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »

So why stay dry since then? And the rest of NJ towns that are? That sounds bizarre, you can expect that in Kentucky or Mississippi, but New Jersey, wow, weird.

There's little incentive for the towns to go wet when you can walk a couple blocks east and wind up in a different, wet town.  Or walk a couple blocks west and wind up in a different, wet town.

New Jersey towns are so small that one municipality being dry isn't inconvienient in the slightest for its residents.  (And better yet, it means that they don't literally need to live next door to a liquor store.)
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 04:21:10 PM »

And yeah, as someone who spent his time in college living on Easton Ave., New Brunswick is a great town.  Especially if you like dingy punk rock bars and music involving screaming.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 04:38:11 PM »

Why the hell is Rutherford dry? Doesn't seem like the type of bastion of religious conservatism that dry places tend to be.
I think I did a bad job of describing Rutherford as "dry".  We cannot have bars or serve liquor at a restaurant, but the town's most prominent restaurant has a liquor store inside of it where you can purchase liquor and there are plenty of liquor stores.  And Fezzy, Rutherford is not "queer" the Rutherford our mayor has tried to create is
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 05:00:14 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2007, 07:13:50 PM by How Many Wishes Until The Stars Fall? »

There's little incentive for the towns to go wet when you can walk a couple blocks east and wind up in a different, wet town.  Or walk a couple blocks west and wind up in a different, wet town.

Except the boost to the economy those wet towns get at the expense of the dry town. The dry town is only screwing itself.

(And better yet, it means that they don't literally need to live next door to a liquor store.)

I LIKE literally living next door to a liquor store!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 07:04:21 PM »

In a hypothetical situation, A or C would be fine with me . . . just as long as my home in two A is on a 5+ acre lot of land with lots of trees, and butts up along the railroad tracks so I can sit on my back porch and watch the trains on the weekend.

From my own experience (and confirmed by looking at Google Maps), there are no lots in Rutherford larger than maybe an acre and a half.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 08:54:17 PM »

In a hypothetical situation, A or C would be fine with me . . . just as long as my home in two A is on a 5+ acre lot of land with lots of trees, and butts up along the railroad tracks so I can sit on my back porch and watch the trains on the weekend.

From my own experience (and confirmed by looking at Google Maps), there are no lots in Rutherford larger than maybe an acre and a half.
Yea, where not exactly the Borough of Open Space.  And to burst MODU's bubble further, a street runs between all houses and the train tracks
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies