Rasmussen: Clinton at several month low, Huckabee leads (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:35:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Clinton at several month low, Huckabee leads (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Clinton at several month low, Huckabee leads  (Read 4223 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: December 05, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »

Somehow looking at those candidates and assuming that attitudes towards Obama's race (or Huckabee's "jesus juice" ftm.) won't be too big an issue, I'd have to say we will probably see an even greater shift of wealthier more "middle class" states into the Democratic column than we have already.

This is of course just a guess knowing what I do about both candidates and US politics (though I'm still Al and the likes could add more.)

If Huckabee's wins btw it would show that alot of the opposition to GWB has been more "personal" than "political"; supersoulty is right here, a vote for Huckabee is a vote to re-elect GWB; except with more protectionism. From what I can see.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 04:32:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

True about the North East (Though should we really count PA among that category? MD is actually a better fit in all but geography.)

Though I was mainly thinking about states like Colorado, Arizona (a little), Florida and Virginia. Under that matchup I would except also to be see big D swings in Alaska and Indiana (though probably not enough to win them either state.)

On the other hand; with Huckabee in the driving seat; The GOP wouldn't have to worry about AR (obviously) or WV. And possibly IA too. Might even do better in MI, MN and WI: Assuming that religion isn't too big a factor.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 09:31:45 AM »

Historically, racist voting in the States has been every bit as common in affluent suburbs as working class areas. Just saying.

I never said it didn't. (nor with religious voting; that is why specifically I didn't mention North Carolina or Florida on my list.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies