Rasmussen: Clinton at several month low, Huckabee leads (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:19:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Clinton at several month low, Huckabee leads (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Clinton at several month low, Huckabee leads  (Read 4226 times)
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« on: December 05, 2007, 06:37:15 PM »

Yes, would be interesting. I could see something like this happening in the case of Obama vs. Huckabee:

Whoever wins 2 out of the 3 deciding states in the West will be President.

It may very well come down to Colorado next year. The senate race there will most likely be a Dem victory, which may help push the state into the Dem column...with Obama, but not if Hillary is the nominee. Virginia could also be interesting, but Huckabee would win between 3-4%.
Also, I think IA should be "green" on your map...remember that it switched from Gore to Bush.

Iowa probably goes Dem. There's been a lot of backlash against the GOP there, just not quite to the extent as say, NH. And I agree, Ohio doesn't really like Obama so that would make the race come down to Colorado, wouldn't it? Colorado is a good state for Obama though as is Nevada and New Mexico. 2008 could be the year the West comes into play. Aww yeah.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 11:00:27 AM »

Yes, would be interesting. I could see something like this happening in the case of Obama vs. Huckabee:

Whoever wins 2 out of the 3 deciding states in the West will be President.

It may very well come down to Colorado next year. The senate race there will most likely be a Dem victory, which may help push the state into the Dem column...with Obama, but not if Hillary is the nominee. Virginia could also be interesting, but Huckabee would win between 3-4%.
Also, I think IA should be "green" on your map...remember that it switched from Gore to Bush.

Iowa probably goes Dem. There's been a lot of backlash against the GOP there, just not quite to the extent as say, NH. And I agree, Ohio doesn't really like Obama so that would make the race come down to Colorado, wouldn't it? Colorado is a good state for Obama though as is Nevada and New Mexico. 2008 could be the year the West comes into play. Aww yeah.

I was not aware of any GOP backlash in Iowa. Could you please elaborate?

The GOP lost two seats in Iowa. The first congressional district you can argue wasn't really off of GOP backlash but the second congressional district definitely was. Plus the fact that 50% of Iowan Republicans want out of Iraq doesn't say much for Iowa's chances of going GOP in 2008.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies