Are these the comments of a bigot?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:23:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are these the comments of a bigot?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Are these the comments of a bigot?  (Read 10605 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2007, 04:02:43 AM »

No... it's not.  It's very expensive.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2007, 04:10:48 AM »

Adoption requires the mother to go through nine months of pregnancy with all of its related ailments and issues and then what is likely to be an excruciatingly painful childbirth.  If someone intends not to keep their child and it is very early on in the pregnancy (which is when most abortions occur), it's no wonder why someone would prefer abortion to that.

Did we finally just agree to disagree here, or do we want another 15 pages?

This is not a matter of agreement or disagreement.  This is not based in opinion.  This is a matter of fact, with a correct answer and an incorrect answer.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2007, 04:12:45 AM »

Adoption requires the mother to go through nine months of pregnancy with all of its related ailments and issues and then what is likely to be an excruciatingly painful childbirth.  If someone intends not to keep their child and it is very early on in the pregnancy (which is when most abortions occur), it's no wonder why someone would prefer abortion to that.

He's completely full of crap though.  Adoption definitely is not free.  It's very expensive and difficult, and even moreso if you adopt internationally.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2007, 04:14:01 AM »

He's completely full of crap though.  Adoption definitely is not free.  It's very expensive and difficult, and even moreso if you adopt internationally.

I really don't know a whole lot about issues with adoption, but that's really an entirely different topic, irrelevant from the topic at hand.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2007, 04:34:39 AM »

I meant it's free for the birth mother (I knew I should've specified - but Gabu got what I meant) - it's cheaper for the mother to give it up for adoption than to have an abortion.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2007, 04:47:14 AM »

I meant it's free for the birth mother (I knew I should've specified - but Gabu got what I meant) - it's cheaper for the mother to give it up for adoption than to have an abortion.

That's debatable, because if the abortion is procured early in the pregnancy it can be cheaper than the overall funds needed to support 9 months of pregnancy
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2007, 04:50:46 AM »

There's what Ebowed said, but there's also the fact that downsides to something need not be financial.  I already enumerated non-financial reasons for why a woman would not want to have the baby and give it up for adoption.

If it were so cut-and-dry that giving a baby up for adoption is better in every way than getting an abortion, nobody would be having abortions.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #207 on: December 24, 2007, 04:45:18 PM »

There's what Ebowed said, but there's also the fact that downsides to something need not be financial.  I already enumerated non-financial reasons for why a woman would not want to have the baby and give it up for adoption.

If it were so cut-and-dry that giving a baby up for adoption is better in every way than getting an abortion, nobody would be having abortions.

So if something is not cut-and-dry wrong to a large part of society, it's not wrong?  Well, then racism/Stormfront are right, and let's allow slavery again!  Since it's not very cut and dry in the south.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies