Madagascar to Castrate Child Rapists
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Madagascar to Castrate Child Rapists
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Madagascar to Castrate Child Rapists  (Read 563 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2024, 01:29:52 PM »
« edited: February 11, 2024, 01:52:08 PM by Frodo »

Apparently, it is because there are more cases being reported recently:

Madagascar is to castrate child rapists, prompting criticism but also support

India passed a similar kneejerk feel-good law six years ago mandating the death penalty for child rapists.  It hasn't worked both because the time lag between the judgment being passed and the sentence being implemented is comparable to the United States, but also it hasn't actually changed the culture enabling the acceptance of rape.  Police in India often just arrest one perpetrator of a gang rape instead of everyone else because they don't want everyone else involved to be punished, and also (being monsters themselves) they actually sympathize with the rapists over their victims.  

I suspect this law will have a similar effect.  

Fukaren kown yteh
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 05:26:26 PM »

Madagascar has (had?) been in a state of famine for more than a year now and the recent election was fraudulent. Focusing on appearing tough on crime is the only way to show some feigned care about the rape crisis in Madagascar and make themselves look virtuous.

Castration, and really any punishment-oriented justice system, does not actually work in reducing crime but makes certain @$$holes in power feel better.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 06:06:53 PM »

Backwards punishments for backwards crimes only makes your country more backwards.
Fukaren kown yteh
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 06:29:25 PM »

Backwards punishments for backwards crimes only makes your country more backwards.
Just not true. In an age post-Michael Jackson who pioneered so much of modern pop culture and the antics of Jeffrey Epstein attempting to attract people who have achieved success according to societal standards—or really post-#MeToo when so many public figures got into the public’s crosshairs over their own conduct—there is nothing backwards about what happens here. We also have a rape culture in this superpower of a country and attraction to people lower than the age of consent is normal for the unknown number of people with such an orientation towards the young or people trying to get laid with teenagers; something that is present as something of the human condition. To deny that is to say that homosexuality is backwards, which is not true.

Our laws here are also pretty backwards and without sense preventing people from making a livelihood after their sentences or even live normally being trapped in the closet and personally disintegrating into a shell of themselves from the stress and dehumanization for those who committed no wrongdoing.
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 09:02:52 PM »

Doesn't Germany already offer chemical castration as an option for people with pedophilic inclinations? I remember reading about that many years ago. Don't think this is a new idea.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 04:59:51 AM »

It also motivates criminals to kill their victims and potentially witnesses.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 11:05:57 AM »

Madagascar has (had?) been in a state of famine for more than a year now and the recent election was fraudulent. Focusing on appearing tough on crime is the only way to show some feigned care about the rape crisis in Madagascar and make themselves look virtuous.

Floundering governments looking for distractions like this is why stuff like the ECHR is useful.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 11:59:16 AM »

I vaguely recall learning in college that Madagascar was the only country in the world where the Black Death (bubonic plague) was still prevalent.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 02:36:37 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2024, 02:39:43 PM by Climate change is a force for good »

I vaguely recall learning in college that Madagascar was the only country in the world where the Black Death (bubonic plague) was still prevalent.
Not true. The plague exists in very small numbers in many countries, and even is endemic in small chunks of the US (North New Mexico and Southern Colorado) Granted in the US cases are extremely rare among humans but they do happen. I remember hearing of some girl in Pagosa Springs who got it because she wrapped her jacket around a dead squirrel (not an advised activity even in non plague endemic areas)
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 05:23:52 PM »

Sounds like something Ranavalona I would do
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 07:12:07 PM »

While sounds bad, I see logic here.  For serial child rapists, many cannot control their urge and this is only way to protect children other than life in prison or death penalty.  And if rape has same penalty as murder, just incentivizes rapists to kill their victim.  I get it sounds backwards but see logic and also it can be done chemically, doesn't have to involve physical surgery. 
Fukaren kown yteh
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2024, 08:30:31 PM »

While sounds bad, I see logic here.  For serial child rapists, many cannot control their urge and this is only way to protect children other than life in prison or death penalty.  And if rape has same penalty as murder, just incentivizes rapists to kill their victim.  I get it sounds backwards but see logic and also it can be done chemically, doesn't have to involve physical surgery. 
The thing is even with chemical or physical castration, one can still get hard and utilize their penis with intercourse. The removal of the penis of man is in itself a needlessly cruel mechanism of legal action with negative health consequences and astounding mental anguish for a man, and while chemical castration is in itself less invasive it has complications and negative ramifications of this nature.

These sort of heavy measures, in and of themselves without seeking a therapist or getting isolated from the general population through normal procedures, should ideally be only used as a method of last resort.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2024, 08:42:27 PM »

Diddlers can get castrated, but I can't. You know we have a world.
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2024, 06:42:02 PM »

Diddlers can get castrated, but I can't. You know we have a world.

I support free gender-affirming care for violent criminals.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies