Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:58:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists?  (Read 1798 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 09:56:29 AM »

No, the thing is that Paul is not a real leader for America.  He is a doctor from TX, what does he know about running the country other than his own beliefs.  Therefore it seems to me he just wants to push his crazy ideas(no matter how much people wish they would they will never work) on others.
Apparently you missed the "Congressman" part of his title. It seems to me that a successful doctor with political and military experience is more qualified and "in touch" with the majority of Americans than a lot of the people running for office now. As for pushing his "crazy ideas," the whole of his candidacy is that he's against the government forcing things on people.

Well then why does he want to outlaw gay marriage and abortion?  Also, just because hes a congressman does'nt mean anything.  From what I've seen he was a do nothing congressman who never accomplished anything.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 10:15:24 AM »

No, the thing is that Paul is not a real leader for America.  He is a doctor from TX, what does he know about running the country other than his own beliefs.  Therefore it seems to me he just wants to push his crazy ideas(no matter how much people wish they would they will never work) on others.
Apparently you missed the "Congressman" part of his title. It seems to me that a successful doctor with political and military experience is more qualified and "in touch" with the majority of Americans than a lot of the people running for office now. As for pushing his "crazy ideas," the whole of his candidacy is that he's against the government forcing things on people.

Well then why does he want to outlaw gay marriage and abortion?  Also, just because hes a congressman does'nt mean anything.  From what I've seen he was a do nothing congressman who never accomplished anything.

Ron Paul wants to return these issues to their proper area at the state level, so that it no longer poisons national politics.

Though you are correct about him being a do-nothing Congressman.  Then again, most every legislator in Washington can be described as "do-nothing".  This is why legislators do not get elected Presidents.  That said, Ron Paul is certainly more qualified to be President than Barack Obama or John Edwards.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 10:16:57 AM »

Ron Paul wants to return these issues to their proper area at the state level, so that it no longer poisons national politics.

Though you are correct about him being a do-nothing Congressman.  Then again, most every legislator in Washington can be described as "do-nothing".  This is why legislators do not get elected Presidents.  That said, Ron Paul is certainly more qualified to be President than Barack Obama or John Edwards.

Thats why I support someone whos done something(Biden), alot of somethings.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »

That's rich.

Name me a single elected politician in Washington that does not want to push his or her ideas and beliefs on others.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 01:52:06 PM »

every libertarian i know is also a pot head. its amazing!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 03:59:01 PM »

every libertarian i know is also a pot head. its amazing!
Don't get out much do you?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »

Well then why does he want to outlaw gay marriage and abortion?
Except he doesn't.  He just wants to take it out of the hands of the Feds.  So...ya know....when the next time the Bible Thumpers get in charge they wont take them away in mass.
gorkay

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 06:09:42 PM »

Only in the fact that they seem to have kind of a totalitarian state of mind (in the Mailerian sense of the word).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 07:22:50 PM »

No.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 04:34:17 AM »

Only in the fact that they seem to have kind of a totalitarian state of mind (in the Mailerian sense of the word).
What do you mean by "Mailerian"?  Norman Mailer like?  Totalitarianism and Ron Paul are polar opposites so I'm guessing this "Mailerian" word that I'm ignorant of is the key to understanding what you mean.

(I'm not being a smart ass)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 08:12:09 AM »

Well then why does he want to outlaw gay marriage and abortion?
Except he doesn't.  He just wants to take it out of the hands of the Feds.  So...ya know....when the next time the Bible Thumpers get in charge they wont take them away in mass.

No, about the only things that he did in congress of importance were attempts to take down abortions and gay marriage.
gorkay

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2007, 10:54:11 AM »

What do you mean by "Mailerian"?  Norman Mailer like?  Totalitarianism and Ron Paul are polar opposites so I'm guessing this "Mailerian" word that I'm ignorant of is the key to understanding what you mean.

(I'm not being a smart ass)

Yes, I was referring to Norman Mailer. The reason I said "Mailerian" is that, in his political writings, he used the word "totalitarian" to mean something a bit different from the way in which the term is usually used. He used it to mean people or groups who were so single-minded and morally certain of the correctness of their political beliefs that they tended to look upon those who disagreed with them, or even didn't agree with them totally, as benighted and morally inferior. I'm sure that not all Ron Paul supporters are like that, but I sense a bit of it in a lot of them. Look at how they inundate these message boards with posts about him. That isn't to say, of course, that the supporters of other candidates aren't the same way.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2007, 11:52:57 AM »

Thank you for fighting my ignorance. Smiley   I support Ron Paul, but I can still agree with you here.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies