Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:38:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists?  (Read 1854 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« on: December 11, 2007, 08:17:37 AM »

The rationale of most of the Ron Paul supporters I've come across is this:

"Clinton, Giuliani, and the rest are politicians, which means they'll lie and pander for votes and money. Ron Paul just tells you what he thinks, and I like that better."

So, you're in a cult if you like someone who's not corrupt? What a sad view you have, BRTD.

No, the thing is that Paul is not a real leader for America.  He is a doctor from TX, what does he know about running the country other than his own beliefs.  Therefore it seems to me he just wants to push his crazy ideas(no matter how much people wish they would they will never work) on others.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 09:56:29 AM »

No, the thing is that Paul is not a real leader for America.  He is a doctor from TX, what does he know about running the country other than his own beliefs.  Therefore it seems to me he just wants to push his crazy ideas(no matter how much people wish they would they will never work) on others.
Apparently you missed the "Congressman" part of his title. It seems to me that a successful doctor with political and military experience is more qualified and "in touch" with the majority of Americans than a lot of the people running for office now. As for pushing his "crazy ideas," the whole of his candidacy is that he's against the government forcing things on people.

Well then why does he want to outlaw gay marriage and abortion?  Also, just because hes a congressman does'nt mean anything.  From what I've seen he was a do nothing congressman who never accomplished anything.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 10:16:57 AM »

Apparently you missed the "Congressman" part of his title. It seems to me that a successful doctor with political and military experience is more qualified and "in touch" with the majority of Americans than a lot of the people running for office now. As for pushing his "crazy ideas," the whole of his candidacy is that he's against the government forcing things on people.

Well then why does he want to outlaw gay marriage and abortion?  Also, just because hes a congressman does'nt mean anything.  From what I've seen he was a do nothing congressman who never accomplished anything.

Ron Paul wants to return these issues to their proper area at the state level, so that it no longer poisons national politics.

Though you are correct about him being a do-nothing Congressman.  Then again, most every legislator in Washington can be described as "do-nothing".  This is why legislators do not get elected Presidents.  That said, Ron Paul is certainly more qualified to be President than Barack Obama or John Edwards.

Thats why I support someone whos done something(Biden), alot of somethings.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 08:12:09 AM »

Well then why does he want to outlaw gay marriage and abortion?
Except he doesn't.  He just wants to take it out of the hands of the Feds.  So...ya know....when the next time the Bible Thumpers get in charge they wont take them away in mass.

No, about the only things that he did in congress of importance were attempts to take down abortions and gay marriage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies