Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:04:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Do Ron Paul supporters remind you of communists?  (Read 1816 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 10, 2007, 03:11:34 PM »

Yes. Not ideologically of course, and not communists NOW obviously, but look back to the 60s in countries such as France. Watch The Dreamers and take note of the twins especially the guy who reads from Mao's little red book.

Essentially, Paul's supporters are sort of a political cult similar to some communist parties, even if they are ideologically diametrically opposed.
Are you saying this is a bad thing or just attempting to insult by contrasting the ideologies against each other?  Do you have a problem with nonviolent political activism?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 03:59:01 PM »

every libertarian i know is also a pot head. its amazing!
Don't get out much do you?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »

No, the thing is that Paul is not a real leader for America.  He is a doctor from TX, what does he know about running the country other than his own beliefs.  Therefore it seems to me he just wants to push his crazy ideas(no matter how much people wish they would they will never work) on others.
Apparently you missed the "Congressman" part of his title. It seems to me that a successful doctor with political and military experience is more qualified and "in touch" with the majority of Americans than a lot of the people running for office now. As for pushing his "crazy ideas," the whole of his candidacy is that he's against the government forcing things on people.

Well then why does he want to outlaw gay marriage and abortion?
Except he doesn't.  He just wants to take it out of the hands of the Feds.  So...ya know....when the next time the Bible Thumpers get in charge they wont take them away in mass.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 04:34:17 AM »

Only in the fact that they seem to have kind of a totalitarian state of mind (in the Mailerian sense of the word).
What do you mean by "Mailerian"?  Norman Mailer like?  Totalitarianism and Ron Paul are polar opposites so I'm guessing this "Mailerian" word that I'm ignorant of is the key to understanding what you mean.

(I'm not being a smart ass)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 11:52:57 AM »

Thank you for fighting my ignorance. Smiley   I support Ron Paul, but I can still agree with you here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies