Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 12:07:42 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  New Feature Regarding Warnings, Mod Posting, and Banning
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: New Feature Regarding Warnings, Mod Posting, and Banning  (Read 27746 times)
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2012, 08:26:14 pm »
Ignore

Hi and Happy New Year!
I'm implementing a new tracking tool for reported posts and moderator actions.  Now, all reported posts ("Report to Moderator") are saved and the moderators report the type of action taken (deleted/modified or no action and reason).  This provides a record of the reports and actions taken.  If there are any concerns with moderator action, I can review any complaints. 

Furthermore, I'm also implementing a new framework based on reported posts.  The following is a guideline and can be modified subject to moderator inputs.
  • At 3, 6, and 9 reported posts in which a moderator deletes or modifies the post, a warning is generated that sends a PM to the member showing the original posts that were moderated.
  • 10 reported posts in which a moderator deletes or modifies the post will place the member on moderated posting for 5 days. 
  • 15 reported posts in which a moderator deletes or modifies the post will place the member on moderated posting for an additional 10 days. 
  • 20 reported posts in which a moderator deletes or modifies the post will ban the member.

Only posts with date stamps after this message count.

Reported posts in which the moderator takes no action do not count.

There is an avenue to appeal the count of mod actions by sending a PM to myself.

Types of posts that are deleted or modified: personal attacks, profanity/vulgarity, discrimination/hatefulness, trolling/baiting, spam.

Note that immediate ban or mod review can be implemented for more serious violations.  It is my hope that these changes will improve the posting quality, improve the consistency of actions, and make the forum a better place.

Thanks for your help,
Dave

Some Guidelines (will continue to add to this list)
Personal Attacks: Personal attacks include extraneous words in a post that demean the poster you are debating, such as I disagree, you "*$#" (fill in the blank) or "I'm not sure that you can comprehend this, but ..."  All personal attacks are deleted when reported.  Veiled or subtle attacks will also be deleted when reported. 

Profanity and Vulgarity: Please refrain from using profanity and vulgarity.  Such posts are subject to deletion or modification when reported.

Discrimination and Hateful Speech: Posts deemed to be discriminatory or hateful against other posters or groups in general due to race, religion, etc. are deleted when reported.

Empty Quoting: One empty quote can be considered agreement with the statement.  Although I prefer you add your own words, I'm ok with reasonable levels.  Empty quoting yourself to bump a thread or to try to reiterate your position is considered spam.

Bumping old threads: bumping a very old thread with little substance (especially with an empty quote) is considered spam.  You can revitalize an old thread if there is new information to discuss or new members whom would like to engage in quality discussions.

Just an FYI, since there has been much talk of need for clarification of the "rules" lately.
incredibly specific types of post-punk music
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2012, 02:13:08 am »
Ignore

Now everyone should go and find infracted posts in their history that don't fit in any of those categories. I have a ton.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Spanish Moss
United States

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2012, 07:09:30 pm »
Ignore

So, based on what's going on here: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=160088.75

transgender individuals are exempt from the discrimination rule?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout