Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 04, 2015, 09:25:22 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  I'm always being logged out even when I press stay logged in.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm always being logged out even when I press stay logged in.  (Read 649 times)
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2013, 04:50:52 pm »
Ignore

I recently had several viruses removed from my computer, and one of the things I noticed after I had the problem fixed is that I am always logged out from websites even when I press the "stay signed in" option. This is 99% likely a problem that involves Internet Explorer, but I don't know where else to put this? Any advice?

A Hybrid of Pat Buchanan and Bob Dylan.
Debbie Wasserman Schultz stole my car, embezzled my life savings, killed my parents, and raped my dog. Lois Frankel was the getaway driver.

Joe Republic
YaBB God
Kiribati

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 07:25:17 pm »
Ignore

hint hint

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

[Y]ou are not going to change my mind or even cause me to think.
Trump 2016
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 07:26:09 pm »
Ignore

RIP Sanchez.

THE FRONTRUNNER

Rand Paul 2016
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 07:27:48 pm »
Ignore

RIP Sanchez.

Are we going to change our avatars to R-FL now?

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 07:30:37 pm »
Ignore

RIP Sanchez.

Are we going to change our avatars to R-FL now?
I just changed mine Tongue.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz stole my car, embezzled my life savings, killed my parents, and raped my dog. Lois Frankel was the getaway driver.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.83

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 07:31:16 pm »
Ignore

hint hint

the sound i just made was extremely ugly but vaguely resembled a cackle

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 07:31:52 pm »
Ignore

That used to happen to me on occasion.  It would show me as logged out after I closed my browser, and then I would go to log in, and it would come up as already logged in (without ever having to type anything).  So I could just hit log-in and then hit the main forum button and be fine.  Is that what's happening to you?
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 07:45:06 pm »
Ignore

That used to happen to me on occasion.  It would show me as logged out after I closed my browser, and then I would go to log in, and it would come up as already logged in (without ever having to type anything).  So I could just hit log-in and then hit the main forum button and be fine.  Is that what's happening to you?
No, it's almost like I am pressing logout everytime my computer turns off.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 09:02:35 pm »
Ignore

No, it's almost like I am pressing logout everytime my computer turns off.

Is it something with your cookie settings?
Senator and SoEA Kalwejt
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 03:52:21 am »
Ignore

Obviously Sanchez is on The List.

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 06:27:24 am »
Ignore

Try using your phone exclusively and if the phone stays logged in its your computer

wow this forum really is going to shit

Bunch of pearl clutching pussies.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:55:38 pm by True Federalist »

Roll Eyes
minionofmidas - supplemental forum account
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 07:41:12 am »
Ignore

Have you tried pressing log out? Maybe you'll stay logged in then. Grin

I recall once upon a time, ten years ago, coming upon a bug where I was being logged out every time I posted. I forget how I solved that eventually, though.

If I'm shown as having been active here recently it's either because I've been using the gallery, because I've been using the search engine looking up something from way back, or because I've been reading the most excellent UK by-elections thread again.
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 01:33:37 pm »
Ignore

What was removed and what removed it?

It sounds like your browser has been set to delete cookies on exit. You wouldn't notice it that much on a faster connection must likely but you no it instantly on a dial up connection because all the images and stuff take longer to display. The site of course is a consideration in place regardless of the connection speed though.

Most likely, the program that removed these viruses ramped up the security setting and also set it to delete cookies like this on exit/restart. If you have Internet Explorer, then open up your internet options screen (somewhere in the control panel). It should be on the middle of the first tab, there is a check box to delete browsing history on exit. See if that has been checked and if so, uncheck it and see if that fixes your problem.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 03:28:00 pm »
Ignore

What was removed and what removed it?

It sounds like your browser has been set to delete cookies on exit. You wouldn't notice it that much on a faster connection must likely but you no it instantly on a dial up connection because all the images and stuff take longer to display. The site of course is a consideration in place regardless of the connection speed though.

Most likely, the program that removed these viruses ramped up the security setting and also set it to delete cookies like this on exit/restart. If you have Internet Explorer, then open up your internet options screen (somewhere in the control panel). It should be on the middle of the first tab, there is a check box to delete browsing history on exit. See if that has been checked and if so, uncheck it and see if that fixes your problem.
Thanks, this solved the problem Smiley.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout