Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 04:53:52 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Atlas Weblogs & Pages
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Atlas Weblogs & Pages  (Read 14232 times)
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« on: December 12, 2007, 10:03:17 pm »

Hi,
I've upgraded the Atlas weblogging system.  The old community weblog never took off and my version of b2 shows its age.  I've upgraded the system to Wordpress Mu - this setup provides for as many individual or group weblogs as you like as well as individual custom pages.  I'm offering free weblog sites to anyone who wants (url = http://uselectionatlas.org/WEBLOGS/<username>)

- this weblog includes support for your own personal banner ads as well as supporting blog advertisements (such as blogads) (I looked into google adsense a bit, but it looks like that is not supported for multiple users in one domain).  

The scripts will import a number of blogging formats (Blogger, Blogware, DotClear, GreyMatter, LiveJournal, Movable Type, Typepad, and Wordpress).

So, send me a pm if you would like your own blogging site or just to put up some custom pages.  Note, to comment on any blogs, just login again
Enjoy,
Dave
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:18:12 pm by Dave Leip »Logged
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 10:38:05 pm »
Ignore

Is there any way to integrate blogs that members already have (like my blog, and I know that BushOklahoma has one as well).  I use Wordpress, FYI.
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:44:41 pm »

what do you mean by integrate?
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 11:07:01 pm »
Ignore

what do you mean by integrate?

As in I have my own Wordpress blog already - is there any way to bring my posts automatically into a blog I have hear.  Like Wordpress does that if you have a Blogger account - it will automatically repost your posts from Blogger into your Wordpress blog (but you have to have a special Wordpress account).
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
Pitcairn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 11:42:18 am »
Ignore

I'm interested, I'll PM you later.

A Message to the People of France:

A Message to Manuel Valls
Comrade Sibboleth
Realpolitik
Moderators
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 08:28:21 pm »
Ignore

Smiley

Richard Hoggart 1918-2014
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 10:29:07 pm »

Is there any way to integrate blogs that members already have (like my blog, and I know that BushOklahoma has one as well).  I use Wordpress, FYI.

I haven't found a definitive answer to whether you can cross-post to multiple blogs simultaneously.  You could check out: http://www.blogdesk.org/en/index.htm
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 11:32:36 pm »
Ignore

I'm interested, I'll PM you later.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 11:57:40 am »
Ignore

Dave,

As far as AdSense is concerned, I believe that if you set up the blog server using subdomains, it shouldn't be an issue with the TOS.  But then again, not all servers can support a virtual subdomain server.  I'm working with SYN Hosting on a new project for my own, using Mu.  I need to figure out how to not only grab the recent articles from all the blogs to post on the main page, but also place them in their proper categories as well (new Tech articles going into a Tech category, Politics into a Political category, etc).

As in I have my own Wordpress blog already - is there any way to bring my posts automatically into a blog I have hear.  Like Wordpress does that if you have a Blogger account - it will automatically repost your posts from Blogger into your Wordpress blog (but you have to have a special Wordpress account).

If you are wanting to move away from your WordPress.com account and move all your articles into Dave's, WordPress (and Mu) will allow you to port over your existing articles into a new blog.  As far as sharing articles between the two, I dont' believe so.  I know Mu can grab new articles from other blogs via the RSS feed, but I'm not sure how well that will work (retaining the original format, etc).  Also, I don't know if that will work on blogs under the main Mu account.

Attention bloggers:  Join SeededBuzz and gain access to thousands of new readers.  Simply paste a link and summary of your article for community members to link back to, drawing more activity to your site.  Membership is FREE!

Visit MODU's Musings

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell." - Betty Dawisha, Iraqi vote
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 08:42:35 pm »
Ignore

By the way, can you add a link to my blog in the little Atlas account part under my avatar?

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 08:52:41 pm »

By the way, can you add a link to my blog in the little Atlas account part under my avatar?

You can edit this in your profile -> click on the forum profile information link and then add the website url
Dave
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 01:56:18 pm »

FYI: if you have an interest in advertising on your weblog, there is a box on your myatlas home page for you to place a blogads account number.  this will automatically place the code for the blogads counter/ads.  If you use another service (or would like to), please let me know and I can support that.
Enjoy,
Dave
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 01:14:13 pm »

New Map widget for blogs:
I've created a new interactive map widget for posting in blog entries.  More info in this post
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 01:19:09 pm by Dave Leip »Logged
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 10:32:14 am »

I've expanded the widget to include population maps, party maps, CD, trend, etc.  so you can compare side-by-side.

in the code, replace type=map with
type=map_cd
type=map_pop
type=map_trend
type=map_swing

for party maps, replace type=map&pty=0 with
type=map_pty&pty=# where #=1 for dem, 2 for rep, 3 for ind, 4 for next party, etc.

Enjoy,
Dave
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 02:36:34 pm »

The weblogs feature has been upgraded to latest wordpress version - includes more customizable sidebar.
Enjoy,
Dave
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout