Rassmussen: Huckabee Leads Florida
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:18:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Rassmussen: Huckabee Leads Florida
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rassmussen: Huckabee Leads Florida  (Read 1563 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 14, 2007, 10:30:04 AM »

Rudy is done, and the GOP is committing suicide. Obama will be the next president of the United States.

RASMUSSEN Florida Primary poll

Hucabee 27%
Romney 23%
Giuliani 19%
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 10:35:22 AM »

We need another poll of NV & MI (and confirmation of this one) before we can call it, but it appears that Rudy's toast.

Here's hoping Bloomberg runs.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:40:32 AM »

Clinton has apparently lost her 30% lead in nevada to obama in the recent polls too. Rudy is running third in SC as well. He is toast if he really has lost his 18% lead in FL in the past week.

The GOP is committing suicide. I am disgusted. I hope we realize this like the Dems did with Dean. We arent electing a Chief Preacher.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 11:49:53 AM »

Rudy is done, and the GOP is committing suicide. Obama will be the next president of the United States.

Hucabee 27%
Romney 23%
Giuliani 19%

Do you have an link to it?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 11:55:13 AM »

Hucabee 27%
Romney 23%
Giuliani 19%

Do you have an link to it?

I'll post it.

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/florida/election_2008_florida_republican_primary
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 12:01:29 PM »

Ouch. If true, time to stick a fork in Giuliani.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 12:18:03 PM »

the religious right has hijacked this party. it appears that we are doing to nominate a baptist minister. i dont know what to say. i was hoping florida would bail us out.

Time to prepare for President Obama.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 12:20:10 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2007, 03:34:44 PM by Eraserhead »

It is looking more and more like a Huckabee-Romney race.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 12:28:46 PM »

It is looking more an more like a Huckabee-Romney race.

and both will get smacked in the general election. why cant my party see this? giuliani and mccain are our only hopes.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »

So, what do you think the map will look like?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 12:34:52 PM »

So, what do you think the map will look like?

Which map?  Primaries?  General election?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 12:37:35 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2007, 12:45:37 PM by Poliotse »

ge.
Hick v. anyone else
[
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 01:18:31 PM »

the religious right has hijacked this party. it appears that we are doing to nominate a baptist minister. i dont know what to say. i was hoping florida would bail us out.

The GOP hijacked by the religious right?!  As of when, 2007?  Where have you been, in the cargo hole?  Dude, you've haven't peaked into the cockpit of the GOP plane in a long, long time.

So, you're discounting Huckabee, a former governor of a state (though a hick state at that), simply because he was/is a baptist minister?  I think most Americans view the baptist church as very mainstream and respectable.  And 4 out of the last 5 presidents have been governors (Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush43).  So experience as a governor has not been an issue in modern times.

Romney and Rudy are from the northeast and have flipped on many issues.  McCain has also flipped and has been a pain to the GOP in the Senate most the last 7 years.  Fred is...well the idea of him sounded good at first, but now we don't really know why Fred exists.

Huck is very articulate and quick on his feet.  We're just glad to have someone that is coherent (unlike Bush43) and genuine.  if Huckabee is the nominee, he will be the best communicating GOP nominee since Reagan - (Bush41 was a poor speaker and didn't really stand for anything, Dole was boring and old, Bush43 can't communicate at all).

Huck is certainly more electable than Romney or Rudy.  At least Huck wouldn't have to spend a dime in the South except for a little to secure Florida.  Huck would only need to defend OH, NM, and NV.

McCain may seem like the stronger candidate now, but he is already a well known commodity and would have trouble swaying those leaning to the other side.  And the GOP base wouldn't turn out in large numbers for McCain.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 01:32:53 PM »

Just so I can put a nail in this coffin...

You can have a President with "Background A" who does not view his/her new position as being an extension of "Background A."  How many times have we had Generals as Presidents, but no major wars were initiated under their watch?  Huckabee (like Bush) isn't going to turn the country into one big church.  After all, Arkansas isn't a state full of devout followers who are sacraficing cattle on alters left and right, or beating the visitors to the state over the head with Bibles every chance they get.  In fact, Huckabee was a bit more moderate than your stereotypical Republican in many areas.  The "religious right" has existed for decades, and yet people still freely practice their religions (or lack there of) without the government forcing them to convert to something else.  For issues like abortion and gay marriage, those debates would exist with or without the "religious right," as they are cross-party issues.  So please, don't display your lack of cognative abilities by stooping to flat generalizations that are based more on sound bites than realities.  I expect better.

*end rant*
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 02:14:32 PM »

This means Giuliani is now officially f****d ...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 02:43:29 PM »

We need another poll of NV & MI (and confirmation of this one) before we can call it, but it appears that Rudy's toast.

Here's hoping Bloomberg runs.

I don't think Rudy would've gotten MI anyway.  But he's done now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 10:01:27 AM »

The GOP hijacked by the religious right?!  As of when, 2007?  Where have you been, in the cargo hole?  Dude, you've haven't peaked into the cockpit of the GOP plane in a long, long time.

So, you're discounting Huckabee, a former governor of a state (though a hick state at that), simply because he was/is a baptist minister?  I think most Americans view the baptist church as very mainstream and respectable.  And 4 out of the last 5 presidents have been governors (Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush43).  So experience as a governor has not been an issue in modern times.

Romney and Rudy are from the northeast and have flipped on many issues.  McCain has also flipped and has been a pain to the GOP in the Senate most the last 7 years.  Fred is...well the idea of him sounded good at first, but now we don't really know why Fred exists.

Huck is very articulate and quick on his feet.  We're just glad to have someone that is coherent (unlike Bush43) and genuine.  if Huckabee is the nominee, he will be the best communicating GOP nominee since Reagan - (Bush41 was a poor speaker and didn't really stand for anything, Dole was boring and old, Bush43 can't communicate at all).

Huck is certainly more electable than Romney or Rudy.  At least Huck wouldn't have to spend a dime in the South except for a little to secure Florida.  Huck would only need to defend OH, NM, and NV.

McCain may seem like the stronger candidate now, but he is already a well known commodity and would have trouble swaying those leaning to the other side.  And the GOP base wouldn't turn out in large numbers for McCain.

I realize that the religious right has been around for decades now, but this is the first time i have ever seen a candidate jump into the lead in the polls simply because of their faith. Don't get me wrong, I like Mike Huckabee. He seems genuine and always has a quick, witty answer ready to respond to questions. He seems like a truly nice man with his heart in the right place. But I am concerned about electability.

I am pro-life for the most part, but I dont feel as if Rudy would threatened the current abortion laws, and I don't care so much about overturning Roe--it just isn't on my list of priorities. I trust he would nominate conservative judges.

But it is fine if you think Huckabee is the most electable. It is true that he could carry the south without spending a penny, whereas romney, rudy or mccain may see a fight in virginia, arkansas, west virginia, and kentucky, but he does not bring in states like new jersey, connecticut, oregon, pennsylvania, wisconsin, michigan, and new hampshire. (please dont lecture me on how those are unreachable, polls have rudy ahead in wis, tied in NJ, penn).

In terms of what rudy could potentially bring to the table against a Clinton nomination is huge. Huckabee, as of now, would lose badly. He is a great speaker, but simply being a Baptist preacher does not do it for me. His record for raising taxes, his statements on AIDs patients, and his policies for illegals don't sit well with me, but i know rudy has a shaky record in that area as well.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »

Duke, you absolutely nailed it.  Huck has no chance to be elected.  The Republican Party is committing suicide.  I hope the religious right is happy.  Say hello to President Obama or madam pres Hillary.

Unbelievable.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies