Ron Paul's Boston Tea Party Anniversary Money Extravaganza!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:56:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Ron Paul's Boston Tea Party Anniversary Money Extravaganza!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: How much money will Paul raise today?
Nothing - $2 million

$2 million - $4 million

$4 million - $6 million

$6 million - $8 million

More than $8 million

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Ron Paul's Boston Tea Party Anniversary Money Extravaganza!  (Read 2976 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 10:55:32 PM »

Hmm... they just added $400,000 in offline donations to their counter. Does that count towards the one day total?

Undecided
Know Your Rights!
ABAsite
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 11:01:50 PM »

Hmm... they just added $400,000 in offline donations to their counter. Does that count towards the one day total?

Undecided

I doubt any of it came in today, so probably not. Wow, 5.5 million over the goal, though. He could very well end up leading the GOP in fundraising this quarter.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 11:19:36 PM »

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 12:05:24 AM »

Site went down, overloaded. Looks like they got around $6.1 million, $6.5 million if you count the offlines they added.

Now there's two records that seem to be floating around - one is Kerry with $5.7 million, the other is Clinton with $6.2 million. They definitely beat Kerry, and they may have beaten Clinton.

Irregardless of that, he just raised more than 6 million dollars in a single day and has raised more than $18 million this quarter alone. Unbelievable.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 12:10:36 AM »

I think Paul will end up with a 20 million quarter. Hopefully Romney is consevative with his loans and lets Paul take first place in fundrasing.

BTW, campaign is taking a page from Ross Perot and running a 30 minute comercial in Iowa on the 22nd or 23rd. 
defe07

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 12:14:41 AM »

Mark my word people, Paul's about to enter the door of history! He's so close to the $18 million mark! I can't believe he raised more money than Kerry did in 2004. If raising more than $6 million one day, being the candidate that got the most money out of all the Republicans and beat the former Democratic's fundraising numbers don't excite you, you're in for a major shock. I'm already a Republican voter for the primary and will vote for Paul. I think Americans are doing what they did with Perot in 92 and 96, only that I think Paul will do what Perot didn't: build a viable strong third party and be the main mover of this.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 12:21:01 AM »

Mark my word people, Paul's about to enter the door of history! He's so close to the $18 million mark! I can't believe he raised more money than Kerry did in 2004. If raising more than $6 million one day, being the candidate that got the most money out of all the Republicans and beat the former Democratic's fundraising numbers don't excite you, you're in for a major shock. I'm already a Republican voter for the primary and will vote for Paul. I think Americans are doing what they did with Perot in 92 and 96, only that I think Paul will do what Perot didn't: build a viable strong third party and be the main mover of this.

Indeed, this is truely a revolution, and one which unlike Perot will hopefully have a lasting impact. I mean, some of the folks over at Counterpunch have endorsed Paul as well. I'm not really a fan of them, but hey, the important thing is that Paul can get support from across the spectrum.

defe07

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 12:26:34 AM »

Here's an intimidating question (you're going to forgive me here): did you also support Perot when he ran?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 12:31:33 AM »

Here's an intimidating question (you're going to forgive me here): did you also support Perot when he ran?
I was like, 4. So no. But I would have. I liked all three candidates that year though. One of the few years I'd have been happy with any one winning. But I'd have gone with Perot because I like supporting third parties, he had the best ideas, and I seem to have a thing for political movements that resolve around one person. I'd have supported Brown whenever he ran, for instance, and really really hope he becomes governor so he can run again. And I'm supporting Paul now, so I guess I like the personiality cult types.

But I love most of Paul's ideas. I disagree with him on some issues, mostly social, but he's a breath of fresh air to the whole political scene.
defe07

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 12:41:20 AM »

I was like, 4. So no. But I would have. I liked all three candidates that year though. One of the few years I'd have been happy with any one winning. But I'd have gone with Perot because I like supporting third parties, he had the best ideas, and I seem to have a thing for political movements that resolve around one person. I'd have supported Brown whenever he ran, for instance, and really really hope he becomes governor so he can run again. And I'm supporting Paul now, so I guess I like the personiality cult types.

But I love most of Paul's ideas. I disagree with him on some issues, mostly social, but he's a breath of fresh air to the whole political scene.

Yeah, I disagree with him on some social issues too but like his monetary policy. By the way, Paul has already raised over $18 million!
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 01:38:51 AM »

If you've never played Pokemon on a Gameboy, do not watch this. If you have, prepare for one of the most amazing videos you've ever seen: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RLuySLO9IQ8
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2007, 01:46:57 AM »

I would be fine if Ron Paul won the republican nomination

Hello Supermajority!
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2007, 04:36:43 AM »

This is like when Howard Dean raised lots and lots of money from college kids pawning their bicycles, except far more retarded.

Indeed, this is truely a revolution, and one which unlike Perot will hopefully have a lasting impact. I mean, some of the folks over at Counterpunch have endorsed Paul as well. I'm not really a fan of them, but hey, the important thing is that Paul can get support from across the spectrum.

Support all across the spectrum that totals to, like, 5%.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2007, 05:40:27 AM »

If you've never played Pokemon on a Gameboy, do not watch this. If you have, prepare for one of the most amazing videos you've ever seen: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RLuySLO9IQ8

Just when I thought nothing could further reinforce every single cliche I have about Ron Pauls supporters; this comes up. Wow.
gorkay

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2007, 04:52:08 PM »

There's a lot more to being a viable candidate than raising money. Ask John Connally.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies