Indiana a Toss Up...but...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:33:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Indiana a Toss Up...but...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indiana a Toss Up...but...  (Read 1408 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 16, 2007, 01:59:04 PM »

Hoosier still strongly dislike Mitch Daniels.  Even Republicans. 

But he timed his planned disasters appropriately.  They came fairly early in his administration.  The Toll Road sale, the union-busting, the disastrous shuffle of the BMV, the loosening of already loose environmental restrictions.

Yeah, he's not making anyone happy in the current property tax debate either.  But Democrats also aren't winning friends and influencing people in that mess.  Call that one a wash.

What Daniels is doing is showing up.  All over the state.  Everytime someone opens a tool and die shop with eight new employees...or everytime a company opens a telemarketing or consumer hotline office with 300 minimum wage jobs -- Daniels is there.  Claiming credit, as is his right as Governor.

Indiana is still hemorrhaging jobs.  Good paying jobs and disappearing.  But they are being replaced by Wal Mart, Dollar General store and market research phone banks. When Daniels cuts the ribbon at one of these places, the media is there and Hoosiers see it. 

I think he just my pull his sorry ass out of the fire and win re-election.  He's a disaster, but nevermind.  he's "creating jobs".  Burger King is hiring.

As to his opponents, I am and always have been a HUGE fan and supporter of Jill Long-Thompson.  She was my congresswoman and she was the best I have ever known.  That said, she might not win the primary.  Jim Schellinger is unknown, but he has money.  And beloved, late Governor Frank O'Bannon has "endorsed" him from beyond the grave via his widow.  ;-)  (Hoosiers love Judy O'Bannon, too...even if she is one of them thar Democrats)

Whoever wins, I'll be voting against Daniels.  And it's still a toss up.  But I would never underestimate his ability to win and win big in November.

Dems better plan to spend some serious coin here AND in Missouri.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:25:21 PM »

I'm quite sure they'll spend some gil in both states. Two great opportunities for the Dems to pick up more governor's mansions.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 04:53:29 PM »

I'm quite sure they'll spend some gil in both states. Two great opportunities for the Dems to pick up more governor's mansions.
This is a wise things to say but,
Gil? Are you a D&D or FF guy?

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies