Joe Lieberman to endorse John McCain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:59:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Joe Lieberman to endorse John McCain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Lieberman to endorse John McCain  (Read 9113 times)
lonestar
Rookie

« on: December 17, 2007, 12:55:22 AM »

Lieberman is supporting who he sees as the best person for the job.  McCain is right about the biggest issue facing our country at this time and Lieberman recognizes that.  I don't always agree with him, but he is one of the few running that I at least respect.

Our country would be a lot better off there were more McCains and Liebermans in Washington and a lot less Pelosis and Reids.
lonestar
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 01:13:25 AM »

Our country would be a lot better off there were more McCains and Liebermans in Washington and a lot less Pelosis and Reids.

Was the country fantastic before 2007?  Because that's basically what complete Republican control looks like.

Was the country fantastic?  Certainly not.  Congress has spent way too much and would continue to be doing so if President Bush hadn't found the pen to veto pork that he seemed to have misplaced for the previous six years.  

But, my comment was that McCain and Lieberman are two men that understand what it means to be an elected official and put the best interest of the country above trying to score political points for their respective parties so that their party can win elections.  There are some from both sides of the aisle that go to Washington to lead and there are those from both sides of the aisle that go to play petty politics and demonize people to try and score a political point.  Pelosi and Reid have left no doubt where they fall.
lonestar
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 11:16:35 PM »

If McCain were to get the nomination, I believe his running mate will be former PA Gov. Tom Ridge.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies