Joe Lieberman to endorse John McCain (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:18:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Joe Lieberman to endorse John McCain (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe Lieberman to endorse John McCain  (Read 9119 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: December 17, 2007, 02:03:19 PM »

McCain is a very logical choice for Lieberman to endorse

Frankly, I can't say I blame him. The persecution hawkish Democrats have to endure, nowadays, is sickening. There is no doubt I'd be much more a hawk than Joe Lieberman is in the Senate and less socially liberal. But I'd be a Democrat on what matters most: bread and butter issues

Would I endorse McCain? Unlikely, a Republican is still a Republican. He's aided and abetted Bush's incompetence, not down the line however like most GOP sheep Roll Eyes. Bush should have faced a serious primary challenge in 2004. McCain should have won the nomination in 2000. It's now 2008, however, and there are days McCain looks like he's one foot in the Senate and another in the grave

A McCain-Lieberman ticket has appeal. Indeed, it's not plausible given what's on offer that McCain would be my favoured Republican. Didn't McCain oppose Bush's tax cuts? That's one thing to his credit. Many Republicans take the 'Queen of Mean' attitude that only the little people should pay taxes

Were it to win and McCain, God forbid, pass away, I could happily see Lieberman as President. He's not economically putrid and very much a Democrat Smiley on this score, which is the main thing assuming a President Lieberman wouldn't sell-out there. That said, he never sold out his hawkish convictions when challenged and defeated by Ned Lamont in the 2006 Connecticut Democratic prmary. He's a man of integrity

I don't see your more economically psychotic Republicans reacting too favorably to Lieberman on a GOP McCain ticket. I highly doubt McCain will win the GOP nomination in any case, but there's nowt stopping them running a third party ticket. America could do a lot worse, a lot worse

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 11:00:36 PM »

Why doesn't Lieberman just pull a Jeffords and give Senate control to the Republicans?

Why should he? He's only really with the Republicans on defense and national security

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies