Michigan and McCain
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:36:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Michigan and McCain
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michigan and McCain  (Read 400 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2007, 12:58:07 AM »

Considering that few Democrats will be voting in the Michigan primary, could McCain possibly win the Michigan primary this year (like he did in 2000) on cross-over Democratic support? It wouldn't be that difficult, as he's only about 10% behind in the polls at the moment. And if McCain were to win Michigan, would the upset there (along with a Huckabee win in Iowa) propel him to victory in New Hampshire?
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 01:01:54 AM »

It is a possibility I think. From a Democratic strategic standpoint, it wouldn't exactly be wise though. McCain would be tough to beat in a GE.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 01:08:44 AM »

McCain can and probably will win Michigan, barring a major dump of Romney cash into the state...which is a strong possibility.

I still think McCain has a shot at this, though Romney appears to be the fellow who will end up with the nomination.  You don't really think they'll nominate Reverend Huckabee, do you?

Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 08:52:58 PM »

Right now I don't know what to think.  I think there are viable scenarios in which Romney, McCain, Huckabee, or Giuliani could win.

As for Michigan Democrats voting for McCain I'm not sure I see that happening.  McCain is one of the loudest supporters of the war on the Republican side and I just can't see Democrats who missed out on their primary voting for him.  If they were to pick a candidate they like it would be Giuliani.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies