Rudy Giuliani's Christmas ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:34:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Rudy Giuliani's Christmas ad
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rudy Giuliani's Christmas ad  (Read 756 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2007, 10:31:15 PM »

lol:
http://www.blip.tv/file/549560
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 10:34:41 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2007, 10:45:18 PM by Supersoulty »

I appreciate the effort from Rudy, but it over.  *Cries a bit in beer*   F**k this sh**t.  I will NOT vote for Huckabee.

The Republicans are becoming a party that is not for people like me... and I've been a loyal Republican since before I really knew what that meant.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 03:16:24 AM »

Does McCain now have a better shot than this guy? Possibly.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 08:37:31 AM »

i like the red sweater!
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:54:09 AM »

I appreciate the effort from Rudy, but it over.  *Cries a bit in beer*   F**k this sh**t.  I will NOT vote for Huckabee.

The Republicans are becoming a party that is not for people like me... and I've been a loyal Republican since before I really knew what that meant.

While I totally understand your feelings, I don't think you need to get that discouraged.

Lets face it, we are the underdogs in '08.  I'll be 100% for our nominee, and certainly don't think we're down for the count - but we'll have to work twice as hard to gain equal ground here.  If we nominate a moderate (i.e. Rudy), and lose, I fear the Party will take such a drastic turn for the worse that Huckabee will look like a breath of fresh air.  Rush Limbaugh and the other talking heads will scream at the top of their lungs about how we lost because we didn't "stand up for our values" and those folks will make Coburn/Tancredo our 2012 ticket.  In the minds of these people, the only reason why Republicans lose any elected office is because our candidate was not conservative enough.

Huckabee is, at least personally, not as bad as you may think.  I know Arkansans who don't like Mike because he wasn't conservative enough.  I know he has said and written some rather extreme things, but my understanding is that its just talk and is not really reflective of Huck's personal values - which are quite strong and decent.

Huckabee has one of the more consistent Christian messages out there.  He may be somewhat socially conservative, but he also is pro-immigration and has a moral view of the world that seems to extend beyond today's political whims (i.e. the Mitt Romney platform)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 11:46:42 AM »

I find this Christmas ad creepier:

http://blip.tv/file/550976

It starts as a relatively "normal" ad, but becomes surreal when this bearded man appears and gives Rudy his candy stick.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 11:53:58 AM »

I liked the ads...kinda funny, a bit cheesy, but different from what we're accustomed to seeing.

As for Rudy, sadly I think his chances decline by the day...s ahame...

And its sad that because of the need to pander to the Idiot Right (who are the majority of voters in the GOP primary), he's had to take some positions that I think, deep down, are just not his own.

I could maybe see myself voting for McCain if he ultimately won, but I have a feeling I'll need to hold out for Bloomberg...or just hope Biden wins the democratic nomination.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies