Nickelodeon Bosses Consider Sex Show For Kids
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:47:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Nickelodeon Bosses Consider Sex Show For Kids  (Read 2769 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 21, 2007, 12:25:30 AM »

The bosses Nickelodeon are considering staging an educational special on sex and love.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
 Daily Entertainment Photos - "Get all the fashion, glamour and scandal here in pictures!"

The bosses of children's TV network Nickelodeon are considering staging an educational special on sex and love after learning one of their biggest stars, Jamie-Lynn Spears, is pregnant at 16.

Spears, Britney Spears' little sister, stunned the world earlier this week (12/17/07) when she confirmed she was three months pregnant, and Nickelodeon bosses were among the first to show their support.

But, as they consider what to do with the teen's hit show Zoey 101 in the wake of the shocking news, network heads are thinking about aiming a special at curious kids in an effort to promote safe sex and abstinence.

Meanwhile, the third season of the show, which ends on January 4th, 2007, is expected to continue as scheduled. No decision has been made about the future of Zoey 101, which is set to air its fourth season in February ('08).

Photo Copyright Getty Images
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 12:30:15 AM »

I have no clue how this surprised anyone. The whole family is white trash, just famous white trash.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 12:40:48 AM »

I have no clue how this surprised anyone. The whole family is white trash, just famous white trash.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 12:43:18 AM »

Didn't the mother sell the story to the press for a million dollars?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 12:48:02 AM »

Nickelodeon bosses - that sounds like some mafia or something.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 01:18:40 AM »

Drake and Josh Uncut Tongue Or what ever that's call.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 01:49:50 AM »

Good idea. Teenagers need to be taught about sex, and what better way than through the thing they spend 8 hours a day watching?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 05:54:21 AM »

They need to get it somewhere, their parents are too chikcen-s**t and their schools are terrified of social regressives charging in.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 04:21:02 PM »

They need to get it somewhere, their parents are too chikcen-s**t and their schools are terrified of social regressives charging in.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 04:35:09 PM »

Hawt.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I see no problem here.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 04:58:51 PM »

This is probably a good idea, but I wonder how many protests it would cause.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 05:14:17 PM »

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 07:00:36 PM »

Good idea. Teenagers need to be taught about sex, and what better way than through the thing they spend 8 hours a day watching?

Whoa. As a teenager, I take offense at that. I haven't watched Nickelodeon for 8 hours a day since I was 9, when they actually had shows worth watching.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 07:14:05 PM »

This is a good idea.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 07:20:05 PM »

Whoa. As a teenager, I take offense at that. I haven't watched Nickelodeon for 8 hours a day since I was 9, when they actually had shows worth watching.
Well, yeah, same. But I assume someone is watching Zoe 101 and Hannah Montana.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 08:32:51 PM »

Well, yeah, same. But I assume someone is watching Zoe 101 and Hannah Montana.
12 year olds with no taste.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 08:48:42 PM »

This is probably a good idea, but I wonder how many protests it would cause.

I am going to sit back and watch... I have a feeling this is about to get entertaining.  I can't wait for the fundies to come flooding in.  God forbid kids should learn about natural things... it might totally pervert them.  We won't have responsible talks about sex with our kids... and I'm not gonna let anyone else either, dammit.

On a side note, unlike most parents who say they will, I actually intend to have these talks with my kids in an age progression kinda way.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 10:01:11 PM »

The bosses Nickelodeon are considering staging an educational special on sex and love.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
 Daily Entertainment Photos - "Get all the fashion, glamour and scandal here in pictures!"

The bosses of children's TV network Nickelodeon are considering staging an educational special on sex and love after learning one of their biggest stars, Jamie-Lynn Spears, is pregnant at 16.

Spears, Britney Spears' little sister, stunned the world earlier this week (12/17/07) when she confirmed she was three months pregnant, and Nickelodeon bosses were among the first to show their support.

But, as they consider what to do with the teen's hit show Zoey 101 in the wake of the shocking news, network heads are thinking about aiming a special at curious kids in an effort to promote safe sex and abstinence.

Meanwhile, the third season of the show, which ends on January 4th, 2007, is expected to continue as scheduled. No decision has been made about the future of Zoey 101, which is set to air its fourth season in February ('08).

Photo Copyright Getty Images

OMG.. If the kids know what sex is, they'll have it.. and if they have it, the gay people will come and give them AIDS!!!!  OH NO!!!!

Seriously though, there's really no reason Nickelodeon should be doing this.  I don't see Lifetime teaching older women about menopause.  There are just better places to learn this crap... like the School Bus, where the information is accurate.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 05:33:13 PM »

So what will they do when Ms. Spears decides to have an abortion instead?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »

I actually haven't watched Nickelodeon since I was about 10 years old, even then I never used to watch it for 8 hours a day. Anyway, I would rather spend 8 hours on this Forum than watch those sh**tty shows on Nickelodeon like Hannah Montana and shows like that.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 05:49:13 PM »

I actually haven't watched Nickelodeon since I was about 10 years old, even then I never used to watch it for 8 hours a day. Anyway, I would rather spend 8 hours on this Forum than watch those sh**tty shows on Nickelodeon like Hannah Montana and shows like that.

I don't know if Hannah Montana is on Nickelodeon in Australia; it isn't here. The only good show left is SpongeBob SquarePants (though some may beg to differ).
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 05:51:54 PM »

I don't know if Hannah Montana is on Nickelodeon in Australia; it isn't here. The only good show left is SpongeBob SquarePants (though some may beg to differ).

Hannah Montana is actually on one of the mainstream networks over here Channel 7, for six days of the week. Yeah SpongeBob is quite enjoyable, we usually have this substitute teacher who always puts it on for us, when ever he has us. Why I mentioned that I haven't a clue.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 12:12:54 AM »

So what will they do when Ms. Spears decides to have an abortion instead?
"Kids, you see this coat hanger?" That joke was in bad taste, but it raises a greater point: why is  supposedly liberal Hollywood, which promotes casual sex and a lifestyle of social permissiveness, so  afraid of raising the specter of abortion as an alternative to an unwanted pregnancy?

At this early point in the pregnancy, shouldn't she be encouraged to end the unwanted fetus?  Why should the life of a human being be entrusted to a superficial sixteen girl?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007, 03:44:18 AM »

On this week's 'Yo Gabba Gabba': Brobee teaches kids how to put on a condom.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies