Can McCain defeat Obama? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:31:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Can McCain defeat Obama? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can McCain defeat Obama?  (Read 20336 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: January 21, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »

If McCain pulls off an upset and wins the Republican nomination, and if Obama pulls off an upset and wins the Democratic nomination, can McCain defeat Obama?

Please discuss.

People seem to want to get away from the Bush era, and he's even Bushier than Bush, but many Republicans seem to like McCain.  I have a hard time understanding why anyone except the hard-core foreign policy neoconservatives like him, but many centrists seem to like him as well.  And if things go well in Iraq, it will vindicate what may eventually become known as the McCain Doctrine.  Also, if McCain's age is fair game, then so is Obama's.  There's a big difference between them, and some will see McCain's age as much more appropriate for a US President's.  McCain also can claim bragging rights to much legislation.  I don't agree with lots of it, but some folks will.  So, yeah, I think he can defeat Obama.

I'll admit that if it comes down to McCain versus Obama, I'll probably vote for Obama. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies