Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 10:09:11 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  History (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | |-+  Presidential Trivia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 69 Print
Author Topic: Presidential Trivia  (Read 197689 times)
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2007, 03:47:34 pm »
Ignore

The basic idea of this thread is that you answer the Presidential Election trivia question asked by the previous poster.  I'll get it started:

Who was the Progressive Party VP nominee in 1912?

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 03:49:13 pm »
Ignore

Hiram Johnson of California

Who did Senator Paul Wellstone endorse for President in 1992?

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 03:56:54 pm »
Ignore

The basic idea of this thread is that you answer the Presidential Election trivia question asked by the previous poster.  I'll get it started:

Easy one, Hiram Johnson of California.

Now for my question, in what year did Henry Cabot Lodge jr. loose to Kennedy for a Massachussetts senate seat?

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195483.new#new
the birth of modern america & onward election president samuel tilden running for reelection is set to face james g. blane in the court of public opinion
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 03:57:22 pm »
Ignore

Tom Harkin of Iowa for Rocky, and 1952 for gporter.

In what year did John Sparkman appear on the Democratic ticket?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 03:59:32 pm by Warner for Senate '08 »Logged

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 03:58:53 pm »
Ignore

Now for my question, in what year did Henry Cabot Lodge jr. loose to Kennedy for a Massachussetts senate seat?

You didn't read it correctly. You were suppose to answer the question above! Bloody Hell.

1952 was the year Henry Cabot Lodge Junior lost to John F. Kennedy.

In 1946, Richard Nixon won California's 12th Congressional District seat, who did he defeat?

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 04:00:46 pm »
Ignore

Jerry Voorhis

When did Richard Russell run for President?

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 04:01:40 pm »
Ignore

Tom Harkin of Iowa for Rocky, and 1952 for gporter.

In what year did John Sparkman appear on the Democratic ticket?

the birth of modern america & onward election president samuel tilden running for reelection is set to face james g. blane in the court of public opinion
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 04:03:03 pm »
Ignore

You didn't read it correctly. You were suppose to answer the question above! Bloody Hell.

In 1946, Richard Nixon won California's 12th Congressional District seat, who did he defeat?

Jerry Voorhis. Who was a five term incumbent.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 04:04:19 pm »
Ignore

Are you going to ask another question?

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 04:05:42 pm »
Ignore

Now for my question, in what year did Henry Cabot Lodge Jr. loose to Kennedy for a Massachusetts senate seat?

Are you going to ask another question?

Oh, yes sorry.

In what year did Ronald Reagan formally switch from the democratic party to the republican party?

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 04:06:57 pm »
Ignore

In what years has a President been elected while losing Pennsylvania and New York?

Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 04:07:31 pm »
Ignore

How can anybody know for sure if people aren't just cheating by using Wikipedia?

Real America demands to know.
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 04:08:39 pm »
Ignore

How can anybody know for sure if people aren't just cheating by using Wikipedia?

I am hoping people will be honest.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 04:16:20 pm »
Ignore

In what years has a President been elected while losing Pennsylvania and New York?

1916, 1948, 1968  

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 04:17:46 pm »
Ignore

1916, 1948, 1968  

Just a note, you can trust that I am being honest.

I have studied Presidential politics since June of 2005. I know all of the political maps from 1932 to present like the back of my own hand.

I have read all sorts of books about the Presidents.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 04:19:19 pm »
Ignore

1916, 1948, 1968  

I have studied Presidential politics since June of 2005. I know all of the political maps from 1932 to present like the back of my own hand.

Apparently, you didn't look too closely, Bush lost NY and PA in 2000 and 2004, but he still won.  Also, please remember to ask a question at the end of each post.

Who did Al Gore endorse in 2004?

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 04:53:31 pm »
Ignore

John Kerry

Who did Ronald Reagan endorse in 1964? In which month did Reagan make a national adress endorsing this candidate?

1916, 1948, 1968  

Apparently, you didn't look too closely, Bush lost NY and PA in 2000 and 2004, but he still won.  Also, please remember to ask a question at the end of each post.

Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 05:00:52 pm »
Ignore

Gporter, please try to learn how to use quotes properly.  If you would like some advice, PM me.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 05:15:03 pm »
Ignore

Gporter, please try to learn how to use quotes properly.  If you would like some advice, PM me.

Reagan endorsed Barry Goldwater, and gave his speech in October.

Who was the first candidate to lose the Popular Vote but win the election?  Also, Gore endorsed Dean, not Kerry.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 05:17:36 pm »
Ignore

John Kerry

Who did Ronald Reagan endorse in 1964? In which month did Reagan make a national adress endorsing this candidate?

1916, 1948, 1968  

I meant to answer the question but some how it did not happen

John Kerry for the first answer

My question was which candidate did Reagan support in 1964? In what month did he make a national adress for that candidate?

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 05:18:14 pm »
Ignore

Who was the first candidate to lose the Popular Vote but win the election?  Also, Gore endorsed Dean, not Kerry.

Andrew Jackson

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 05:22:15 pm »
Ignore

Andrew Jackson

No, Jackson lost the election to Adams.  The answer was Rutherford Hayes.  Remember to ask a question after answering the previous one.

Who was the first women to receive and electoral vote, and for what party?

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2007, 05:35:14 pm »
Ignore

Andrew Jackson

No, Jackson lost the election to Adams.  The answer was Rutherford Hayes.  Remember to ask a question after answering the previous one.

That Libertarian in '72. Don't remember the name.

Who was the last 3rd party candidate to receive electoral votes without the help of faithless electors?

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 05:36:42 pm »
Ignore

Theodora Nathan for Vice President in 1972; Libertarian.

Who was the last 3rd party candidate to receive electoral votes without the help of faithless electors?

George Wallace in 1968.

-----

During the presidential history of the 1990s and early 21st century, we saw a situation in which an incumbent was defeated for re-election, his successor serving two full terms in office, and then the original incumbent's son winning election in an open race and going on to serve two terms.

This same situation has happened before in a state-level race, involving a person who would later become president.  When and where was it, and who were the people involved?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 05:38:22 pm by Joe Republic »Logged

Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2007, 10:46:27 am »
Ignore

During the presidential history of the 1990s and early 21st century, we saw a situation in which an incumbent was defeated for re-election, his successor serving two full terms in office, and then the original incumbent's son winning election in an open race and going on to serve two terms.

This same situation has happened before in a state-level race, involving a person who would later become president.  When and where was it, and who were the people involved?

Clue #1:  The office was governor.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 69 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout