As a democrat....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:05:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  As a democrat....
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What are your plans if the dems lose the senate and/or get less than 40% of the EV in 2008?
Doesn't matter. What else am I going to do?

I think it may be time for a looooong vacation.

I am going independent and wait for a better party. The democrats represent me sure, but they are so bad at it....

Something else. Explain.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: As a democrat....  (Read 3885 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2007, 10:09:17 PM »

Personally, I am thinking of leaving, but that seems to be what the republicans want. Right now I am now debating registering as an independent.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 10:18:37 PM »

I'm gonna stick with the party.  We survived the Civil War and we can survive this.  We just need to get the party back to circa 1932, a diverse coalition representing the will of the people.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 10:32:38 PM »

Personally, I am thinking of leaving, but that seems to be what the republicans want. Right now I am now debating registering as an independent.

I'm not sure how much it helps the Republicans if you leave.  Seriously.  The GOP likes to report its share of voters in such rags as George and California Journal, but outside think-tank bragging rights, percentages of registered voters in your party don't matter much.  If you happen to live in a state with closed primaries or caucuses, then it is perhaps an important issue, but if your state has open primaries, or modified open primaries, then I don't think it much matters to anyone other than yourself if you change your registration from Democrat to DTS or Republican.  I float around a bit myself, so I can appreciate where you're coming from.  I happen to live in a state that doesn't have modified open primaries, so obviously I had to choose one party.  And I chose on the basis of the fact that the Republicans actually have one candidate I enthusiastically support in the primary phase, whereas the Democrats do not.  If that's the case, then by all means change your registration accordingly.

For whom to vote in a general election?  That's another issue entirely.  And no one can really answer that except you.  Good luck with that.  Smiley

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »

I mean, how else do we punish the party for its incompetence. I am very angry at the party. This ISN'T the civil war, this isn't the 1970s and 1980s...the GOP is having more trouble than we are at the news cycles and yet WE ARE STILL GETTING READY TO LOSE AGAIN...I am at wit's end. 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:52:31 PM »

WE ARE STILL GETTING READY TO LOSE AGAIN.

Really? Show me the evidence.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 11:15:26 PM »

Buck up and move on.

Although, Angry_Weasel, I disagree that the Democrats are about to lose again.  I think we can still win this election, whether its Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama, the Democrats can still take back the White House and re-claim America.  True, the Democrats have a bad habit of screwing up elections toward mid-spring of an election year, and that could happen this time around, too, but I'm remaining positive.

Even if we do lose the White House, we are almost a lock to increase our majority in both the Senate and the House, not lose it.

I encourage you to try to remain positive.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 09:11:23 PM »

Buck up and move on.

Although, Angry_Weasel, I disagree that the Democrats are about to lose again.  I think we can still win this election, whether its Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama, the Democrats can still take back the White House and re-claim America.  True, the Democrats have a bad habit of screwing up elections toward mid-spring of an election year, and that could happen this time around, too, but I'm remaining positive.

Even if we do lose the White House, we are almost a lock to increase our majority in both the Senate and the House, not lose it.

I encourage you to try to remain positive.

I disagree here.  If the Democrats were going to win big in the 2008 election, their candidates would have 15%-20% leads on even the strongest Republican candidates.  This happens on both sides.  Look at 2000.  Bush had a double digit lead over Gore until about the summer of 2000 and ended up losing the popular vote. 
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 11:26:20 PM »

If the Democrats don't win the White House in 2008 they will win it in 2016 for sure. The Republicans can't hold the White House forever.

Just keep that in mind Dem's and hold on to hope till then!
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 11:59:07 PM »

It might actually be better for the Democrats to lose. If a hack Republican wins, they're probably going to be left with a crumbling economy and a war in Iraq that's even less popular than now. Victory in 2012 by a landslide margin will be almost assured, hopefully resulting in the party growing a spine and enacting badly needed reform.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 12:15:37 AM »

It might actually be better for the Democrats to lose. If a hack Republican wins, they're probably going to be left with a crumbling economy and a war in Iraq that's even less popular than now. Victory in 2012 by a landslide margin will be almost assured, hopefully resulting in the party growing a spine and enacting badly needed reform.

Regardless of who's in office in 2012 the war will most likely be winded down, and the economy predicted to be doing fairly well to say the least in 2012.   
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 02:52:10 PM »

Regardless of who's in office in 2012 the war will most likely be winded down, and the economy predicted to be doing fairly well to say the least in 2012.  

If the Republicans do win in 2008, then that would open the door for a very strong Brad Henry candidacy in either 2012 or 2016.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 05:09:46 PM »

If the Republicans do win in 2008, then that would open the door for a very strong Brad Henry candidacy in either 2012 or 2016.

Agreed! Will Brad Henry run, though. Our Southern and Western leaders appear too lazy or scared to run though they are the most likely to win. They support our values, but can connect with the average voter who always has this voice in his, come election, to vote GOP.
Medvedev
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »

This is not a person it is a rodent. I do not understand how you can call a rodent a person therefore
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 06:37:07 PM »

1) Its not a rodent- he's a mustelid, taxomically in between dogs and bears
2) He's wearing people clothes
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 08:49:43 AM »

Brad Henry is too goofy-looking to be president.  Pudgy nerdboys like Henry don't have a chance.

Next.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 08:04:36 PM »

I'm not going to be too bothered if the Democrats loose the '08 Presidential election. As far as I'm concerned, Edwards, Biden, and Richardson were the only good Democrats running this year. And I'm not a big fan of either Hillary or Obama. I'd be willing to tolerate four years of a President John McCain if it meant we got a President Mark Warner in 2012.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 11:16:46 PM »

I'm not going to be too bothered if the Democrats loose the '08 Presidential election. As far as I'm concerned, Edwards, Biden, and Richardson were the only good Democrats running this year. And I'm not a big fan of either Hillary or Obama. I'd be willing to tolerate four years of a President John McCain if it meant we got a President Mark Warner in 2012.

Hmmm... but 4 more years of Bush, basically? Things were bad in 2004. Things are really bad now. How bad will it be in 2012?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies