Attn Justices: Atlasia vs. Keystone Phil
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:40:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Attn Justices: Atlasia vs. Keystone Phil
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Attn Justices: Atlasia vs. Keystone Phil  (Read 9813 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 09:27:39 PM »

I think this is what I need to do to become a juror:
I swear (or affirm) that I will well and truly try the matter in issue between the parties, and give a true verdict according to the law and evidence, so help me Dave.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 01:49:27 AM »

"I swear (or affirm) that I will well and truly try the matter in issue between the parties, and give a true verdict according to the law and evidence, so help me Dave."

Copied and pasted with my hand, if not upon a Bible, on that which is most important to me.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 08:11:03 AM »

Using a good old fashioned d12 from my days playing D&D, I have selected the following jurors from the jury pool.

benconstine (Warner for Senate '08)
downwithdaleft (24 DuPont Chevy)
Inks.LWC
Joe Republic
opebo
Realpolitik (Al)

Mr. Ernest, may I note that Mr. Downwithdaleft is currently inactive in Atlasia?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 08:30:04 AM »

Mr. Ernest, may I note that Mr. Downwithdaleft is currently inactive in Atlasia?
In order to provided a balance between having a larger jury pool and not including inactives, this pool consists of those Mideast citizens who voted in either of the two prior elections. 
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 01:47:34 PM »

I shall give consideration to replacing Mr. Downwithdaleft (and other jurors) on the jury if he does not make an appearance by Monday.  Also if there fails to be a good cause for such failure, jurors failing to show may be held in contempt of court.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 04:45:49 PM »

I swear (or affirm) that I will well and truly try the matter in issue between the parties, and give a true verdict according to the law and evidence, so help me Dave.

(I sincerely hope that my innate prejudice against Italian-Americans, Republicans and Pennsylvanians, as well as my core belief that all trial defendants are automatically guilty, doesn't interfere with the fair conduct of this case.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »

(I sincerely hope that my innate prejudice against Italian-Americans, Republicans and Pennsylvanians, as well as my core belief that all trial defendants are automatically guilty, doesn't interfere with the fair conduct of this case.)

Your Honor,

After reading this statement, I ask the court to expell the juror and have him executed.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 07:09:39 PM »

I swear that I will well and truly try the matter in issue between the parties, and give a true verdict according to the law and evidence, so help me Dave.

Sorry this is so late - Central Michigan lost power from 9 P>M. yesterday until a half and hour ago.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 08:58:09 PM »

There will be no executions. As for the rest, I ask juror Joe to state for the record whether his statements concerning the defendant's guilt were serious or intended as a misplaced jest.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 08:58:10 PM »

Your Honor,

After reading this statement, I ask the court to expell the juror and have him executed.

Calm down, I'm sure he was only joking.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 09:04:17 PM »

Your Honor,

You need to go, too. To the chair with you!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2008, 09:54:42 PM »

Your Honor,

The defendant will cease suggesting execution (or even worse, that jurors assemble IKEA products since that would be an even worse chair to sentence one to) or counsel will be assigned to you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 03:42:43 AM »

So, I skimmed over the thread, but I had a lot of catching up to do today (on and off this site) - are we ready to start?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 07:30:05 AM »

Your Honor,

The defendant will cease suggesting execution (or even worse, that jurors assemble IKEA products since that would be an even worse chair to sentence one to) or gporter will be assigned to you as counsel.
Fixed.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 04:09:30 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2008, 04:56:48 PM by Enrico Pallazzo »

There will be no executions. As for the rest, I ask juror Joe to state for the record whether his statements concerning the defendant's guilt were serious or intended as a misplaced jest.

A jest, indeed?  A jest indeed.  'Twas naught but a whimsical badinage of mediocre caliber, Your Majesty.  But I daresay it was nary misplaced, for 'twere left right in the place in which it were intended, sir.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2008, 03:10:17 PM »

When will the trial start?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2008, 11:43:30 PM »

As soon as the jury is fully impaneled.  If our missing juror has not sworn by the time I check in Monday, then he'll be replaced and we should be able to proceed once the replacement has been sworn.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2008, 03:22:48 AM »

As soon as the jury is fully impaneled.  If our missing juror has not sworn by the time I check in Monday, then he'll be replaced and we should be able to proceed once the replacement has been sworn.

Who's missing?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2008, 08:04:10 AM »

DWTL
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2008, 02:46:56 PM »

As downwithdaleft has visited the forum since I sent out the jury notice and has not responded to either my PM or to this thread, I find him in contempt of court and order that his voting privileges be suspended until he posts in this thread or this trial is over.

However, this trial must proceed, and accordingly I have randomly selected another juror from the pool.  The lucky citizen who gets to participate in this jury's august deliberations is:
     Peter.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2008, 03:34:45 PM »

I swear that I will well and truly try the matter in issue between the parties, and give a true verdict according to the law and evidence, so help me Dave.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:22 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

You may be seated.  As the jury has now been seated and sworn, you may now proceed to present your case Attorney General Hashemite.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2008, 07:06:41 AM »

The lucky citizen who gets to participate in this jury's august deliberations is:
     Peter.
You won't be deliberating until august!?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2008, 02:44:19 PM »

The lucky citizen who gets to participate in this jury's august deliberations is:
     Peter.
You won't be deliberating until august!?
That would be a Capital idea, but the jury is expected to begin deliberating as soon as the defense rests, so I hope their august deliberations will not have to wait until August.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2008, 07:54:19 PM »

I'm thirsty.  Can we take a coffee break?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies