Attn Justices: Atlasia vs. Keystone Phil
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:07:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Attn Justices: Atlasia vs. Keystone Phil
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Attn Justices: Atlasia vs. Keystone Phil  (Read 9821 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 28, 2007, 01:33:10 PM »
« edited: January 03, 2008, 09:40:57 AM by Attorney General Hashemite »

I would like to bring the case of Jessica Walterstein vs. Atlasia to the court's attention. Further information available here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=63333.0

I ask that Peter and other moderators with proof and/or information on the case appear as witnesses.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:11:33 AM »

What exactly are you suing for? I am not aware that you have been denied any rights at this time. All I have done is stated in the public domain that it is the belief of the moderators that you are in fact Keystone Phil and that we have evidence to support this. Whether the Atlasian authorities choose to act on this is up to them - I have been asked to communicate with the Attorney General, which I will endeavour to do soon. If the AG takes action in the form of a court case then I will respond to any requests of the court.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:24:39 AM »

What exactly are you suing for? I am not aware that you have been denied any rights at this time. All I have done is stated in the public domain that it is the belief of the moderators that you are in fact Keystone Phil and that we have evidence to support this. Whether the Atlasian authorities choose to act on this is up to them - I have been asked to communicate with the Attorney General, which I will endeavour to do soon. If the AG takes action in the form of a court case then I will respond to any requests of the court.
You're responding to Hashemite, not Phil. I think the thread heading is wrong and should be Republic of Atlasia vs. P. Inammorato, though.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »

I need to give up drinking and then getting very little sleep before posting on the forum.

Lewis is correct - I completely misread the thread. I'll be in touch with Hashemite, though Lewis is correct on another point - person/entity suing (the plantiff), in this case, Atlasia, always comes first in a court case title. Defendant (whoever you decide to call it) comes second.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 10:31:46 AM »

I need to give up drinking and then getting very little sleep before posting on the forum.

Lewis is correct - I completely misread the thread. I'll be in touch with Hashemite, though Lewis is correct on another point - person/entity suing (the plantiff), in this case, Atlasia, always comes first in a court case title. Defendant (whoever you decide to call it) comes second.
Only reason I put that in is because I thought it might have been what put you off.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 01:55:21 PM »

Has the defendant been charged, received process?

(I'm working off the assumption this is as close as we get to an arrest situation, given the novelty of this here in atlasia, we may have to go through some necessary but tedious steps here.)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 06:03:29 PM »

You're responding to Hashemite, not Phil. I think the thread heading is wrong and should be Republic of Atlasia vs. P. Inammorato, though.

You spelled the last name wrong, you Hansel and Gretel S.O.B.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 08:01:08 PM »

I'll just read this into evidence:

Dear Forum Members,

The game is over. Over the past couple of days, I have posed as "Jessica Walterstein," the "girlfriend" of "Michael" Naso as a joke poster. I was getting away with it, too. I recall only two members correctly guessing my true identity and I would have continued since one member didn't follow up on it. One of two problems is that the one individual that correctly guessed who I really am will probably follow up on it after he picked up on one of my clues. The other is the fact that word has been spreading like wildfire that I am not Naso but someone else, another former, controversial forum member. This is where I realized that I had to set the record straight.

A few days ago, one of the moderators incorrectly guessed my identity and contacted me via PM. An IP check was done and one of the strangest, yet oddly very convenient, mistakes in forum history occured. The IP was traced to a town that borders the hometown of one of our old members. It seemed like a slam dunk - no way could it be anyone but this person. Except it is not him. The funniest part was that this IP not only had the wrong town, it had the wrong state. I made the moderator aware of this and since he found the whole act amusing, he didn't act on it. The only problem is that others have picked up on the IP check and word has spread. Knowing that someone else could get blamed and get in "trouble," I decided to correct a few people and come clean about who I really am. Another issue is that having people think this is someone other than Naso while not correctly guessing who it is takes away from the fun. This wasn't the only issue though.

I believe two people hit the nail on the head concerning my identity and, as I stated earlier, one never followed up. The other, however, did. That person is Hughento. In one post, I spelled Oregon "Oregano," an inside joke shared between myself, Hugh and a few others after he lectured Americans on how to properly pronounce the word. He then contacted me via AIM. I tried to cover it up in a Facebook message but ultimately gave up.

I want to close with why I chose this "Jessica" character. A few months ago, Naso put on an act that he had a secret girlfriend by the name Jessica Walterstein. It become a running joke. For awhile now I have been wondering what forum life has been like. One night, I was so bored that I decided to make a comeback. I wanted to do so in an unconvential way so I asked for and received Naso's username and password and came back as our joke, Jessica Walterstein. I want to make clear that while it may be "wrong" to use someone else's account here, I did so with permission. I wasn't here to troll, I was here as a joke. Some people enjoyed it while others did not but regardless of whether it was amusing or not, it wasn't meant to be nasty. I enjoyed it while it last but the show has to end sometime.

And so, my friends, my truth is that I am a Pennsylvania Atlasian.

Keystone Phil
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 09:16:01 AM »

You spelled the last name wrong, you Hansel and Gretel S.O.B.
Sorry. My bad.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 01:36:32 PM »

Has the defendant been charged, received process?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 12:22:56 AM »

Justice Ernest will preside over the trial phase of this case, if such comes about.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 01:17:58 PM »

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 01:24:10 PM »

Now yes, I intend to continue this trial.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 09:40:40 AM »

As the Attorney General of Atlasia, being the official legal counsel and representation for the government and its citizens, I would like to announce that I will proceed with criminal charges against Pennsylvania citizen Keystone Phil in front of the Supreme Court of Atlasia for creating a new registration from a different account, thus giving K. Phil a double registration*.

This being a criminal case, I expect it to be conducted upon the guidelines set by Article III, Section 2 of the Constitution along with F.L. 15-1 Consolidated Criminal Justice Act.  Thus requiring this to be a trial by jury among impartial, and thus fantasy inactive, members of the defendant's region (Northeast) chosen mutually by the prosecution and defense with only one presiding justice chosen by the court.

* See F.L. 15-1, Section 1, Clause 3

Hashemite (GLP-VT)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 12:39:18 AM »

I have discussed this with the Chief Justice, and we have agreed that I shall serve as presiding justice for this case.  However, since the alleged offense involved establishing a second registration in the state of Ohio, I find that alleged offense took place in the Mideast Region, not the Northeast Region and that therefore in accordance with Article III Section 2 Clause 7 of the Constitution, a jury shall be selected according to the laws of the Mideast Region, as soon as I have been able to find them, if they exist.  I hope to be able rule further on procedural issues this afternoon or evening.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 09:08:47 AM »

Mideast Jury Selection Statute.

However, if the Court will allow me, this is a federal offence (because voter registration falls within the federal sphere), violating a federal statute, and therefore should be tried according to all relevant federal Law, including the federal Jury selection law.

Oh, its also worth seeing whether Keystone Phil will enter a guilty plea, thus avoiding the need for a jury trial.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 02:54:01 PM »

The Jury Selection Act of March 2005 is overridden by the provisions of the Second Constitution of April 2005 on this matter to the extent necessary. The Second Constitution requires that an offense occurring in the Mideast use Mideast law for selecting a jury.  Had the Mideast not passed its own law concerning juries then the Federal law would have been applicable to determining how to select the jury to the extent it does not contradict the Second Constitution.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 04:13:29 PM »

I have determined, in accordance with the
Mideast Jury Selection Statute that if this advances to a jury trial the pool of potential jurors will be (names as per the voter roles kept by the SoFA):
afleitch
benconstine
downwithdaleft
Frodo 
Hannibal
Inks.LWC
Joe Republic
MasterJedi
opebo
Peter
Realpolitik
senseiofj324

In order to provided a balance between having a larger jury pool and not including inactives, this pool consists of those Mideast citizens who voted in either of the two prior elections.  If you believe someone has been excluded from or included in by error, please send your concerns to me by PM.  Jury selection will take place no sooner than the earlier of Monday or when the Attorney General files the brief required by Section 7 Paragraph 4 Clause i of the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 06:58:01 PM »

I plead not guilty but I'd love to enter a "I don't give a damn" plea, if possible.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »

EXECUTE HIM
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 07:08:05 PM »

Technically he is our Ambassador to Iraq. Maybe we should send him there?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 07:08:55 PM »

Uh, what?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 07:11:15 PM »

I appointed you to that position during my thirty second Presidency. Don't think you ever accepted, but there's always the Black Helicopters. Bon voyage!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »

Apparently I'm on the Jury.

"I swear that I will well and truly try the matter in issue between the parties, and give a true verdict according to the law and evidence, so help me Dave."
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 09:25:51 PM »

Using a good old fashioned d12 from my days playing D&D, I have selected the following jurors from the jury pool.

benconstine (Warner for Senate '08)
downwithdaleft (24 DuPont Chevy)
Inks.LWC
Joe Republic
opebo
Realpolitik (Al)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies