RISK Domination V: Finished!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:15:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  RISK Domination V: Finished!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Author Topic: RISK Domination V: Finished!  (Read 48665 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 05:16:53 PM »

Sure seems like there's some sort of attacker's luck at play this game.  I take the Pacific with one casualty, then Xahar takes New England with two, then Fezzy tours New England unscathed.

Seems to me that, in light of his term so far and that he's the reigning champ, that Fezzy's the frontrunner.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 06:27:07 PM »

New map:

General Frodo, it is your turn.  You have 3 reinforcements.

+ [4 states ÷ 3 = Minimum 3 reinforcements]
+ [No regions controlled]
= 3 reinforcements
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 06:48:26 PM »

Put all three in North Carolina.

From North Carolina, attack Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.  Do or die. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008, 07:24:53 PM »

Put all three in North Carolina.

From North Carolina, attack Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.  Do or die. 

Reinforcements

All 3 battalions have been deployed in North Carolina, where there are now 13 in total.

Attacks

North Carolina invades Virginia (Xahar) with 12 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Virginia.

Frodo [12] rolls 3 dice: 5 5 4
Xahar [1] rolls 1 die: 4
Xahar loses 1 battalion

Frodo conquers Virginia and places 12 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in North Carolina.

----------

Virginia invades Kentucky (The Mikado) with 11 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Kentucky.

Frodo [11] rolls 3 dice: 6 6 3
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 3
The Mikado loses 1 battalion

Frodo conquers Kentucky and places 11 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Virginia.

----------

Kentucky invades Ohio (Xahar) with 10 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Ohio.

Frodo [10] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 2
Xahar loses 1 battalion

Frodo conquers Ohio and places 10 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Kentucky.

----------

Ohio invades Indiana (Xahar) with 9 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Indiana.

Frodo [9] rolls 3 dice: 6 6 1
Xahar [1] rolls 1 die: 5
Xahar loses 1 battalion

Frodo conquers Indiana and places 9 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Ohio.

----------

Indiana invades Michigan (Xahar) with 8 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Michigan.

Frodo [8] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 2
Xahar [1] rolls 1 die: 6
Frodo loses 1 battalion

Frodo [7] rolls 3 dice: 6 1 1
Xahar [1] rolls 1 die: 1
Xahar loses 1 battalion

Frodo conquers Michigan and places 7 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Indiana.

----------

Michigan invades Wisconsin (Xahar) with 6 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Wisconsin.

Frodo [6] rolls 3 dice: 3 3 2
Xahar [1] rolls 1 die: 5
Frodo loses 1 battalion

Frodo [5] rolls 3 dice: 5 4 1
Xahar loses 1 battalion

Frodo conquers Wisconsin and places 5 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Michigan.

----------

Wisconsin invades Minnesota (The Mikado) with 4 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Minnesota.

Frodo [4] rolls 3 dice: 6 2 1
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 5

Frodo conquers Minnesota and places 4 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Wisconsin.

----------

Minnesota invades Iowa (Xahar) with 3 battalions available to attack, while 3 battalions will defend Iowa.

Frodo [3] rolls 3 dice: 5 4 2
Xahar [3] rolls 2 dice: 3 2
Xahar loses 2 battalions

Frodo [3] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 4
Xahar [1] rolls 1 die: 6
Frodo loses 1 battalion

Frodo [2] rolls 2 dice: 5 2
Xahar loses 1 battalion

Frodo conquers Iowa and places 2 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Minnesota.

----------

Awaiting further instructions

Temporary map
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2008, 07:52:24 PM »

From South Carolina, attack Georgia, Tennessee, and Missouri. 

From Iowa, attack Illinois. 
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 09:56:56 PM »

So you want a Midwest (the most vulnerable region) occupied by a bunch of single battalion territories?  Sensei (probably) and Fezzy (almost certainly) will rip you to shreds.  But hey, if that's what you want, Frodo.

Note: I assume interplayer banter in the game is legal.  If not, I will modify my comment as necessary.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 10:07:59 PM »

So you want a Midwest (the most vulnerable region) occupied by a bunch of single battalion territories?  Sensei (probably) and Fezzy (almost certainly) will rip you to shreds.  But hey, if that's what you want, Frodo.

Roll Eyes

Thank you, Captain Obvious.  I am well aware of the risks involved, though I appreciate you reiterating what I already knew.   
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 10:30:08 PM »

Roll Eyes

Thank you, Captain Obvious.  I am well aware of the risks involved, though I appreciate you reiterating what I already knew.   

Hey, I'm just concerned about Fezzy tearing through you to get to me at some point in the near future.  And possibly getting Xahar's Risk card by taking Maryland if Sensei decides to take Florida.

Hey, all the power in the world to you, man.  I hope you can keep the Midwest strong enough to keep that mammoth green army away from me.  Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »

And possibly getting Xahar's Risk card by taking Maryland if Sensei decides to take Florida.

That's all I'm good for, huh? Tongue I made a stupid first move, and now I'm dead in the water.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 07:02:14 AM »

And possibly getting Xahar's Risk card by taking Maryland if Sensei decides to take Florida.

That's all I'm good for, huh? Tongue I made a stupid first move, and now I'm dead in the water.

Not only that - you did the exact same stupid first move that killed me in the previous game. So yeah, you're probably done. This game will be interesting to follow though because at least half the players seem to know what they're doing.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 09:44:07 AM »

Hey, I didn't see this coming.  I thought (probably like most of the rest of you) that Frodo would take the Southeast.  Xahar, you would have continued to be a reasonably influential player if Frodo hadn't all but destroyed you just now.  And remember, I said "if," in that comment you quoted.  If Sensei chooses to leave you alone in Florida (as he should, especially if Ernest encounters heavy losses taking the South), you have a fair number of men in the Southeast that can get you through another turn.  If not, then by your next turn, you'll just have Maryland.

BTW, Gustaf's being a bit harsh (as he seems to always be), but Risk is a game of momentum, and unfortunately, stumbling is fatal.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 02:43:27 PM »

I thought (probably like most of the rest of you) that Frodo would take the Southeast.
Taking the southeast would have required Frodo taking a lot of casualties knocking out both Alabama and Florida.  While I didn't anticipate him spreading himself so thinly as he has so as to conquer the Midwest, I didn't think he would try to take the Southeast.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »

Steady, guys.  Less talk of "stupid moves", please.

I'll get started on Frodo's next orders imminently.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 02:56:34 PM »

Hey, I didn't see this coming.  I thought (probably like most of the rest of you) that Frodo would take the Southeast.  Xahar, you would have continued to be a reasonably influential player if Frodo hadn't all but destroyed you just now.  And remember, I said "if," in that comment you quoted.  If Sensei chooses to leave you alone in Florida (as he should, especially if Ernest encounters heavy losses taking the South), you have a fair number of men in the Southeast that can get you through another turn.  If not, then by your next turn, you'll just have Maryland.

BTW, Gustaf's being a bit harsh (as he seems to always be), but Risk is a game of momentum, and unfortunately, stumbling is fatal.

I wasn't intending to be harsh, so I'm sorry if it came off like that. He called it a stupid move, I merely pointed out the irony of it being the same that got me in the previous game.

As for Frodo, he obviously wanted the Southeast but decided against it when everyone else decided to join in. He didn't have many good choices left at that stage so i don't consider what he did totally unreasonable.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 02:59:03 PM »

From South Carolina, attack Georgia, Tennessee, and Missouri. 

From Iowa, attack Illinois. 

Attacks (cont.)

South Carolina invades Georgia (Ernest) with 4 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Georgia.

Frodo [4] rolls 3 dice: 5 5 4
Ernest [1] rolls 1 die: 6
Frodo loses 1 battalion

Frodo [3] rolls 3 dice: 5 4 3
Ernest [1] rolls 1 die: 3
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Frodo conquers Georgia and places 3 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in South Carolina.

----------

Georgia invades Tennessee (Ernest) with 2 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Tennessee.

Frodo [2] rolls 2 dice: 6 2
Ernest [1] rolls 1 die: 1
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Frodo conquers Tennessee and places 2 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Georgia.

----------

Tennessee invades Missouri (Fezzyfestoon) with 1 battalion available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Missouri.

Frodo [1] rolls 1 die: 5
Fezzyfestoon [1] rolls 1 die: 3
Fezzyfestoon loses 1 battalion

Frodo conquers Missouri and places 1 battalion there, leaving 1 behind in Tennessee.

----------

Iowa invades Illinois (Fezzyfestoon) with 1 battalion available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Illinois.

Frodo [1] rolls 1 die: 1
Fezzyfestoon [1] rolls 1 die: 5
Frodo loses 1 battalion

Frodo has been defeated, and Fezzyfestoon retains control of Illinois with 1 battalion remaining.

----------

Unable to make any further moves, General Frodo's turn has ended.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 03:03:53 PM »

New map:

General Ernest, it is your turn.  You have 3 reinforcements.

+ [5 states ÷ 3 = Minimum 3 reinforcements]
= 3 reinforcements
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2008, 05:00:45 PM »

Pretty much the move I was expecting to make, but probably not the one others were expecting me to make.

Place all 3 battalions in Texas.
Attack do or die Texas -> Oklahoma -> Colorado -> Utah -> Nevada -> California -> Hawaii
Tactical move: 4 battalions New Mexico -> Colrado
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »

Pretty much the move I was expecting to make, but probably not the one others were expecting me to make.

Attack do or die Texas -> Oklahoma -> Colorado -> Utah -> Nevada -> California -> Hawaii

Actually, I was. If I wasn't getting wary of commenting I would have said that I think you would decide this game with your move this turn. There was an alternative but this was probably the better bet from your perspective.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 06:08:28 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2008, 06:26:41 PM by The Mikado »

I wouldn't say I was blindsided by this...I will say I didn't want this to happen and am really, really dismayed that it is.

Wow, my worst case scenario come to pass.

Just FYI?  Ernest?  See those legions on AZ and ID?  Because I don't have any more chance of victory (barring really improbable dice rolls on this turn)...those guys are going after you all out next turn.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »

Reinforcements

All 3 battalions have been deployed in Texas, where there are now 17 in total.

Attacks

Texas invades Oklahoma (Frodo) with 16 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Oklahoma.

Ernest [16] rolls 3 dice: 6 1 1
Frodo [1] rolls 1 die: 2
Frodo loses 1 battalion

Ernest conquers Oklahoma and places 16 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Texas.

----------

Oklahoma invades Colorado (Frodo) with 15 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Colorado.

Ernest [15] rolls 3 dice: 6 4 1
Frodo [1] rolls 1 die: 4
Frodo loses 1 battalion

Ernest conquers Colorado and places 15 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Oklahoma.

----------

Colorado invades Utah (Xahar) with 14 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Utah.

Ernest [14] rolls 3 dice: 6 3 2
Xahar loses 1 battalion

Ernest conquers Utah and places 14 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Colorado.

----------

Utah invades Nevada (The Mikado) with 13 battalions available to attack, while 5 battalions will defend Nevada.

Ernest [13] rolls 3 dice: 5 5 2
The Mikado [5] rolls 2 dice: 3 1
The Mikado loses 2 battalions

Ernest [13] rolls 3 dice: 2 1 1
The Mikado [3] rolls 2 dice: 3 2
Ernest loses 2 battalions

Ernest [11] rolls 3 dice: 4 3 2
The Mikado [3] rolls 2 dice: 3 2
The Mikado loses 2 battalions

Ernest [11] rolls 3 dice: 5 5 4
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 4

Ernest conquers Nevada and places 11 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Utah.

----------

Nevada invades California (The Mikado) with 10 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend California.

Ernest [10] rolls 3 dice: 4 2 1
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 2

Ernest conquers California and places 10 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Nevada.

----------

* General Mikado has lost control of the Pacific region *

----------

California invades Hawaii (The Mikado) with 9 battalions available to attack, while 1 battalion will defend Hawaii.

Ernest [9] rolls 3 dice: 5 2 1
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 5
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Ernest [8] rolls 3 dice: 3 3 2
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 6
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Ernest [7] rolls 3 dice: 6 3 1
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 6
Ernest loses 1 battalion

Ernest [6] rolls 3 dice: 3 3 2
The Mikado [1] rolls 1 die: 2

Ernest conquers Hawaii and places 6 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in California.

----------

Tactical Move

A total of 4 battalions have been redeployed from New Mexico to Colorado.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 06:36:39 PM »

New map:

General Sensei, it is your turn.  You have 3 reinforcements.

+ [4 states ÷ 3 = Minimum 3 reinforcements]
= 3 reinforcements
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 07:05:19 PM »

2 in LA, 1 in AL

AL-FL do or die
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »

Roll Eyes

Hey, I'm just concerned about Fezzy tearing through you to get to me at some point in the near future.

Given recent events, I think Fezzy is the least of your worries right now......  Tongue

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2008, 07:18:20 PM »

Roll Eyes

Hey, I'm just concerned about Fezzy tearing through you to get to me at some point in the near future.

Given recent events, I think Fezzy is the least of your worries right now......  Tongue

Touché, my friend.  Though I'm still calling Fezzy to win this.

By the way, nicely done, Ernest.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2008, 07:28:30 PM »

Reinforcements

Of the 3 available reinforcements, 2 have been deployed in Louisiana, where there are now 11 in total; and 1 has been deployed in Alabama, where there are now 11 in total.

Attacks

Alabama invades Florida (Xahar) with 10 battalions available to attack, while 5 battalions will defend Florida.

Sensei [10] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 1
Xahar [5] rolls 2 dice: 6 4
Both armies lose 1 battalion each

Sensei [9] rolls 3 dice: 5 4 1
Xahar [4] rolls 2 dice: 5 2
Both armies lose 1 battalion each

Sensei [8] rolls 3 dice: 6 5 3
Xahar [3] rolls 2 dice: 1 1
Xahar loses 2 battalions

Sensei [8] rolls 3 dice: 6 3 1
Xahar loses 1 battalion

Sensei conquers Florida and places 8 battalions there, leaving 1 behind in Alabama.

----------

Awaiting further instructions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies