Do you want to be a GM?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:31:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Do you want to be a GM?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do you want to be a GM?  (Read 3513 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2004, 05:41:58 PM »

Gladly!!!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2004, 06:06:42 PM »

What about your candidacy for Governor, Reaganfan?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2004, 07:54:17 PM »

Governor Reaganfan as GM!!!!
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2004, 07:59:11 PM »

A GM can't hold any other positions.
Newsman
newsman
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2004, 05:16:12 PM »

How about me?  I didn't ask for the job initially, since there are some obvious objections to my being GM.  However, with almost no one asking for the post, I will put my name in the hat and let people decide whether they are willing to allow me to be GM.

My only campaign promise besides objectivity is that I will add a new ripple.  I'm going to put out actual economic data like GDP, unemployment, and inflation.  This will better bring the economic side of politics into play.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2004, 05:20:21 PM »

Please I want Ernest to stay on!!!!!!!!!! Please... Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2004, 05:21:31 PM »

Too late States, Ernest already quit.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2004, 05:21:34 PM »

I thought you DID ask for the job Newsman, I believe the concerns are owing to the fact you have an ulterior persona.
Newsman
newsman
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2004, 05:31:07 PM »

I asked for it the last time we tried to pick a GM after Vorlon quit.  I had not yet asked for it during this selection process until now because of those very concerns you cited, JFK.  But now, with no one seriously asking for the post, I am back.  If the old concerns still stand, that's okay.  But it doesn't look like anyone will be stepping up to the plate anytime soon.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2004, 06:44:16 PM »

Well, someone better sign up here.  Niles Caulder seems a little interested, but I don't know enough about him to know if he can do the job.  I'll take Reagafan to be GM if he wants it after losing for Governor and I don't care who Newsman is really because he showed impartiality in his journalism stuff.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2004, 06:46:01 PM »

I would have to stop making speeches, and I can't do that. Smiley

That is why I will not be GM.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2004, 06:46:43 PM »

I might be interested... if I lose Tongue

But it's just a maybe.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2004, 07:16:03 PM »

Well, someone better sign up here.  Niles Caulder seems a little interested, but I don't know enough about him to know if he can do the job.  I'll take Reagafan to be GM if he wants it after losing for Governor and I don't care who Newsman is really because he showed impartiality in his journalism stuff.

I don't know enough about the the job to know that myself, just yet.  But I'm an old pencil-n-eraser D&Der who was much more fond of creating worlds than playing in them--and "the politics of the afterlife" Planescape setting was pretty much the nexus of my obsessive hypomanic states.  (Ahh, the days before medication....)

All that's to say I'm pretty sure I'd be a quick study.  As for content and political logic, I'd have to restrain myself in order to keep it "winnable" and enjoyable for the players, following Ernest's example in letting draconian mistakes* be corrected 'on-the-fly,' a'la the al'Sadr debacle.

(*granted, I don't know anything about it other than what I read in the papers...  Wink)

But I don't want myself to have the job; I want the right person to have the job.  (Frankly, I was enjoying kicking the tires of this thing, and had other plans for "Citizen Niles.")  But I'm very pleased to forestall them and give GMing my best shot if the Forum needs that most at the present time.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2004, 08:02:30 PM »

All that's to say I'm pretty sure I'd be a quick study.  As for content and political logic, I'd have to restrain myself in order to keep it "winnable" and enjoyable for the players, following Ernest's example in letting draconian mistakes* be corrected 'on-the-fly,' a'la the al'Sadr debacle.

Actually, that was the result of a dispute beteen myself and the GM overe the role of foramlities in the game.  Since there actually is no IIG to contact, I didn't think I should have to ask for permission from someone/something that didn't exist.   I went ahead and, as the only actual human involved, gave an order and the GM believed that I should have gone through the formalities of asking permission first.

Once you are GM (if you are GM), I will be back with more requests to get al Sadr.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2004, 08:47:55 PM »

Actually, that was the result of a dispute beteen myself and the GM overe the role of foramlities in the game.  Since there actually is no IIG to contact, I didn't think I should have to ask for permission from someone/something that didn't exist.   I went ahead and, as the only actual human involved, gave an order and the GM believed that I should have gone through the formalities of asking permission first.

Once you are GM (if you are GM), I will be back with more requests to get al Sadr.

Sounds like a good 'ol D&D "WTF??" rule-dispute to me!

Al'Sadr is a chump; that's for sure.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies