Mideast Ballot for January
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:41:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Ballot for January
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast Ballot for January  (Read 1890 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 01, 2008, 09:25:05 PM »

I hope that there will be plenty of submissions for the January 2008 ballot.  Hopefully this time I can think up a proposition for the ballot myself.  We will also have my reelection campaign this month and hopefully Peter will run for reelection as Lt. Governor.  I also hope that this ballot will have plenty of voting involved.  Heres to a great new year everyone!
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:31:23 PM »

Governor, what is the present number of required signatures for ballot access?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 09:38:08 PM »

It is five to my knowledge at last count.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2008, 01:31:03 PM by Peter »

I checked the SoFA thread, which shows us on 19 citizens on Dec 20th. According to the Register thread there have been no new registrations since then, so I believe that in fact we only need 4 signatures (one-fifth of total population) for ballot access.

Also to note - elections this month begin some time during Thursday 17 January. Candidacy declarations must be received at least 7 days before commencement, so prospective candidates have until end of Wednesday 9 January to be entirely sure of ballot access.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 02:43:13 AM »

I checked the SoFA thread, which shows us on 19 citizens on Dec 20th. According to the Register thread there have been no new registrations since then, so I believe that in fact we only need 4 signatures (one-fifth of total population) for ballot access.

Also to note - elections this month begin some time during Thursday 17 January. Candidacy declarations must be received at least 7 days before commencement, so prospective candidates have until end of Wednesday 9 January to be entirely sure of ballot access.

4 is less than 1/5 of 19.  We need 5 sigs.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 06:54:11 AM »

One-fifth of 19 is 3.8. So 4 are needed.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 01:33:50 PM »

One-fifth of 19 is 3.8. So 4 are needed.

I is SMART!  I was thinking 20 divided  by 4.  I feel like an idiot.  **slaps face**
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 11:20:59 AM »

For the record,

I will not be a candidate for re-election as Lieutenant Governor. It is has been my honour to serve these past few months as Lt Governor - I took the post to ensure continuity in the Mideast's governance. Whilst I would have happily retained the post, it is clear that there are Mideast citizens willing to take on the roll and they have made their candidacies known. I feel that both men presently declared would be suitable successors to me and one of them being at the very beginning of his career here, I feel obliged to step aside to allow younger blood a chance.

I wish both Inks and Warner for Senate the best of luck.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 11:23:11 AM »

For the record,

I will not be a candidate for re-election as Lieutenant Governor. It is has been my honour to serve these past few months as Lt Governor - I took the post to ensure continuity in the Mideast's governance. Whilst I would have happily retained the post, it is clear that there are Mideast citizens willing to take on the roll and they have made their candidacies known. I feel that both men presently declared would be suitable successors to me and one of them being at the very beginning of his career here, I feel obliged to step aside to allow younger blood a chance.

Thank you very much for your distinguished service as Lt. Governor.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 12:45:18 PM »

For the record,

Thank you for both your wishing of luck and your service for the region.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 04:33:57 PM »

Governor, when do you plan to hold your reelection and the election of the new Lt. Governor?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 07:54:51 PM »

Election starts sometime between Midnight January 17-12:01 A.M. January 18.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 10:00:09 PM »

I plan to start it at exactly midnight that night.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 10:05:14 PM »

I plan to start it at exactly midnight that night.

Midnight Thursday or Friday?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 10:08:55 PM »

Friday
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 10:35:55 PM »

Propositions:

I borrowed some of these from the Northeast's December voting booth.  Credit to the northeasterners who developed them.  I am also reintroducing my proposition to make cloning research legal in the Mideast(I am not advocating for Government fundng by the way, I am simply making it an option)

Vehicle Procurement Act of 2008

Whereas, protecting the environment is of utmost importance to the future and well-being of the Mideast Region; and
Whereas, purchasing alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles will be a net financial benefit to the Mideast as gasoline prices continue to rise and fossil fuels become more scarce; therefore:

Be it resolved by the Mideast General Assembly:

SECTION 1. All new vehicles purchased for offical regional use in the Mideast (including buses used for the purposes of regional-subsidized mass transit) must, at a minimum, meet PZEV (Partial Zero-emissions Vehicle) standards.
a.  Definition.  In order to qualify as a PZEV, a vehicle must meet the SULEV (Super Ultra Low-emissions Vehicle) standard and, in addition, have zero evaporative emissions from its fuel system plus an extended (15-year/150,000-mile) warranty on its emission-control components, which incidentally covers the propulsion electrical components of a hybrid electric vehicle.

SECTION 2. Vehicles should meet AT-PZEV (Advanced Technology Partial zero-emissions vehicle) standards or better whenever economically feasible.  (AT-PZEV standards include cars that utilize hybrid technology.)

SECTION 3. Effective Date.  The Vehicle Procurement Act of 2008 shall go into effect immediately upon passage.

Cloning Act of 2008

1)The twenty first initiative, declaring cloning illegal in the Mideast, will hereby be repealed.
2)This will reestablish the legality of the practice and research of cloning in the Mideast Region by private companies and individuals.
3)No government funding will be given to the study or practice of cloning at this point in time.

Recall Amendment

1. The Citizens of the Mideast Region may recall any regional official.
2. Any registered Mideast voter may open a recall petition on any regional official at any time.
3. If said petition shall receive the signatures of one third of all registered Mideast voters, it shall be brought before the electorate in an immediate vote.
4. The vote shall remain open for three days, and shall be held by the Chief Judicial Officer, unless it is the Chief Judicial Officer's own recall, in which case it shall be held by the Lieutenant Governor.
5. If, in said vote, a simple majority are in favor of the recall of said regional official, that official shall be stripped of the position.

If any of these have already been done in the Mideast just let me know, to my knowledge they have not.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 11:24:34 PM »

One final proposition:

Eleventh Amendment to the Constitution:Term Limit Amendment

1) In the Mideast both the Governor and Lt. Governor shall be limited to no more than two consecutive terms of office lasting no more than four months each. 
2) If a Lt. Governor succeeds the preceeding Governor he may serve no more than one term of his own if he serves more than half of his predecessor's term.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »

Recall Amendment

2. Any registered Mideast voter may open a recall petition on any regional official at any time.
3. If said petition shall receive the signatures of one third of all registered Mideast voters, it shall be brought before the electorate in an immediate vote.
4. The vote shall remain open for three days, and shall be held by the Chief Judicial Officer, unless it is the Chief Judicial Officer's own recall, in which case it shall be held by the Lieutenant Governor.
5. If, in said vote, a simple majority are in favor of the recall of said regional official, that official shall be stripped of the position.

We already have adequate recall language for the Governor/Lt. Gov, but not the Superior Court Judge.  I'd suggest an Amendment to Article III, Section 3, Clause 1.  I suggest that clause 4 of your initiative be added, but if it is the SCJ's recall, I suggest that the Governor retain administrative privileges of the ballot.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »

I would like to propose an Amendment to Article IV, Clause 2, so that voters can edit their votes for 6 hours after voting, so long as they do not change their votes after the voting has officially ended.  Also, voters can only change their votes once.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 06:59:30 PM »

I would like to propose an Amendment to Article IV, Clause 2, so that voters can edit their votes for 6 hours after voting, so long as they do not change their votes after the voting has officially ended.  Also, voters can only change their votes once.

You can't tell if a vote has been edited more than once.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 07:05:25 PM »

Doesn't it say whenever there is an edit?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 07:19:54 PM »

Doesn't it say whenever there is an edit?

Only the last edit, so if the governor doesnt write down teh timestamp of the edit (which would be a pain and just stupid, IMO, he wouldn't notice if it'd been edited more than once.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 01:17:27 AM »

Recall Amendment

We already have adequate recall language for the Governor/Lt. Gov, but not the Superior Court Judge.  I'd suggest an Amendment to Article III, Section 3, Clause 1.  I suggest that clause 4 of your initiative be added, but if it is the SCJ's recall, I suggest that the Governor retain administrative privileges of the ballot.

So - what are we doing with this?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 09:07:49 AM »

Recall Amendment

So - what are we doing with this?

I'm not going to put it on the ballot since we already have this for the executive branch.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies