Polnut for President Campaign HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:55:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Polnut for President Campaign HQ  (Read 3672 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »
« edited: January 04, 2008, 06:59:27 AM by Fmr Gov. Polnut »

The former governor descends the stairs of his Manhattan townouse to address the media from a simple lectern.

Fellow citizens,

I have been asked many times since the last presidential campaign, what I would be doing in this election.

Initially I was hesitant about entering this race. However, as time has moved on I have seen a great deal of support for my possible candidacy. My passion for the future of this country, and of its citizens remains as vital to me, as the day I became a citizen here.

Therefore, I am hereby annoucing my candidacy for the Presidency of Atlasia.

I have asked a respected fellow progressive to join me in this venture, and he has agreed. I would like to ask that person to annouce themselves soon. As that person has their own views, and will be a strong voice in my administration, I wish for them to speak for themselves.

I will soon outline our policy platform for real change in Atlasia. We need ideas that are truly fresh, and I offer that to the Atlasian people.

This is a golden opportunity for genuine change, to truly progress this country forward. I look forward to this campaign, thank you all and good night.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:48:03 PM »

Oooooo....you people are really gonna make me have to think on my vote. That means....IM ACTUALLY GOING TO HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE CAMPAIGN!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Cheesy

Just kidding, you have proven yourself, and I wish you the best, though I cannot at this point promise a vote to anyone.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:26:03 AM »

Do you believe that Keystone Phil should be prosecuted for attempting to enter a second registration whilst controlling the account of Mike Naso?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 09:33:48 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2008, 09:36:18 AM by Fmr Gov. Polnut »

That situation is a very serious one.

Activity like that can and does have a negative effect on those who participate in Atlasia. Phil. of course should be given the opportunity to defend his actions, but the consequences should be real.

However, the decisions of whether to prosecute, and the guilt or innocence are not mine. My opinion is that of an Atlasian citizen.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 01:23:37 PM »

I am so glad for your candidacy and I wish to give you at this early junction my personal endorsement.  I hope to have some involvement in your campaign.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 04:11:08 PM »

Mr. Polnut firstly I would like to wish you all the best of luck in your campaign for Presidency of the Atlasian Republic Smiley. Let's hope it's a much closer race than it was last October. I would like to take this opertunity and ask you two questions regarding your candidacy.

My first question regards the National Budget. Do you plan to embark on creating a national budget in your first term? Or do you plan not to embark on such a budget?

And secondly how do you think history will best remember the Wixted/Jas Administration? Do you think history will remember them well or will history judge them harshly?

Thank you Sir.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »

I wish you the best of luck. Between yourself and Jas, Atlasia has a great array of choices this winter for President, and I must say that my own decision will be a difficult one.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 06:57:32 PM »

You have my endorsement, and I hope you win.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 07:07:06 PM »

Mr. Polnut firstly I would like to wish you all the best of luck in your campaign for Presidency of the Atlasian Republic Smiley. Let's hope it's a much closer race than it was last October. I would like to take this opertunity and ask you two questions regarding your candidacy.

My first question regards the National Budget. Do you plan to embark on creating a national budget in your first term? Or do you plan not to embark on such a budget?

And secondly how do you think history will best remember the Wixted/Jas Administration? Do you think history will remember them well or will history judge them harshly?

Thank you Sir.

Thank you for your questions.

I do think the lack of a national budget is a great shame to Atlasia, yes it does require significant work, but that's what governing is about. I would urge strongly that a national budget is developed, I would hope the Senate would take up this charge. If they don't then I would work with those who do to develop one.

I think the administration has served admirably, they have done good things, and I think history won't be unkind to them. I do think, however, that we need a fresh view and fresh ideas. The slogan of this campaign will be "time for a change".
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 06:41:51 AM »

Do you consider yourself a social progressive?

Would you continue a policy of tolerance and acceptance towards illegal immigrants?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 06:58:50 AM »

Do you consider yourself a social progressive?

Would you continue a policy of tolerance and acceptance towards illegal immigrants?

I certainly do consider myself a social progressive. I think my record on the matter speaks strongly to that.

I think illegal immigrants have become a punching bag for certain political ideologies, stir up a fear campaign with targets who are unable to defend themselves freely. While their actions should not be condoned or encouraged (I'm certainly not for an open border) the fact remains that they are here undertaking important jobs that many native citizens wouldn't, this issue isn't anywhere near as simple as many would like it to be. As a decent society, tollerance should not be restricted only to those with the necessary paperwork.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »

Are you committed to the separation of church and state and secularism?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 04:42:05 PM »

What are your views on hot button issues such as abortion and gay rights?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 08:57:09 PM »

Are you committed to the separation of church and state and secularism?

I believe that we should respect the rights of all people who wish to worship whatever they want peacefully. I do consider myself a secularist, no faith should be able to sway the decision making process of a liberal democracy.

Faith has a place in society, but it is not in the corridors of power.

What are your views on hot button issues such as abortion and gay rights?

On abortion, I believe that a woman's right to chose is paramount. I do think that there should be as few abortions as possible, but that comes from an aggressive safe-sex program, which I did propose during the last campaign. I also believe that medical guidance should be compulsory for any abortion that takes places after the first trimester. This is only guidance, as the impact of abortions any later can have both greater physical and emotional impact on the woman.

I believe that the gay community deserves the same legal protections as any group in society. I believe that gay and lesbian couples should enjoy full legal equality with those of heterosexual couples. I also believe that gays and lesbians should be able to adopt children.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 03:53:12 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2008, 03:09:51 AM by Fmr Gov. Polnut »

CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE

January 7 - Portland ME - Boston MA
January 8 - Richmond, Norfolk VA - Raleigh NC
January 9 - Annapollis, Baltimore MD - Huntington WV
January 10 - Nashville, Memphis TN, Little Rock AR.
January 11 - San Antonio, Houston TX
January 12 - Fort Worth, Dallas, Austin TX
January 13 - Sacramento, San Francisco CA
January 14 - Los Angeles, San Diego CA Denver CO
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 09:56:51 AM »

Polnut, following your scheduled visits would you like to come give a speech in my home city of Annapolis, MD?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »

Polnut, following your scheduled visits would you like to come give a speech in my home city of Annapolis, MD?

I would be honoured.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 10:06:20 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2008, 10:08:01 AM by Fmr Gov. Polnut »

PRESS RELEASE

New York City, NY - January 5 2007.

After discussions, Governor Polnut has asked present Mideast Governor Happy Warroir to join his campaign as Campaign manager.

"I believe that the Governor has the talent and enthusiasm needed to help me bring about change in Atlasia. We need a genuine breath of fresh air along the corridors of power in Nyman, and Happy Warrior is just the man to help make that happen"
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »

Good move adding HappyWarrior to the campaign. He's a very competent and active Atlasian.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »

May I say, I am very happy to see you will be kicking your campaign off in Portland, Maine. I would like to invite the former Governor of the Mideast to a dinner, hosted by the Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast Rockefeller Republican. I hope you will accept.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »

Of course I would Lt Governor.

I would like to add that I have asked Lt Governor Rocky to also serve as a specialst advisor on this campaign.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 09:05:49 PM »

Of course I would Lt Governor.

I would like to add that I have asked Lt Governor Rocky to also serve as a specialst advisor on this campaign.

Thank You and Thank You. Now let's go on to Chicago and win this thing! Maybe I shouldn't have said that Wink.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 09:11:05 PM »

Breaking News
Nyman
1/5/08

AP- Former Governor Polnut of the Mideast has named sitting Senator Sensei, also of the Mideast, running mate for his February presidential bid. Sensei,who is also the chairman of the left-wing Progressive Liberal Party, said of his status as Polnut's running mate "Governor Polnut and myself are exactly what Atlasia needs, and that is change. It is an honor and a privilege to join him on his quest to finish what the Wixted administration began and reform the country for the good of all."

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 09:17:52 PM »

This should be a very interesting campaign and thus election indeed this February. Two high quality tickets as well.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 09:32:18 PM »

Mr. Polnut, what do you think of Mr. Porter's comments regarding you as a candidate? Here's what he has said. Word for Word:

Mr. Porter what is your opinions of the two other Presidential candidates running for the Presidency of Atlasia? If you don't know who they are they are; Vice President Jas and former Governor Polnut of the Mideast. Do you believe that you'll be able to combat your inexperience and defeat these highly qualified, yet experienced candidates?

First of all, I disagree with you when you say that the two men are "highly qualified." I believe that Goverenor Polnut is a very distingushed man and I respect him as my opponent. But, I do not believe that he would make a good President and I will tell you why.We need a President who will reach out and try to work with the other parties, not one who will just stick with his own party and not think about the others.. Polnut will just stick with the democrats and not reach out to the rest of the political scene. He is very partisan and very liberal. I, myself, though I am a strong republican, I will not refuse to reach out to the other parties. I am prepared to work together with the other parties.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies