How has the Atlas changed your political views? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:22:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How has the Atlas changed your political views? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How has the Atlas changed your political views?  (Read 4908 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« on: January 04, 2008, 01:22:09 PM »

I wouldn't credit only the forum, but while I've been on here I've become a strong proponent for states' rights and limited government interference.
You've also moderated your views onsexuality, and I for one appreciate it.

I'm glad. Smiley  Yeah, my moral compass has shifted drastically to the point of me thinking it's immoral to decide ones morals for them.  No one has the right to tell you who you are is wrong or the life you live is wrong.
Wow, that's a very nihilistic view -something I find dangerously prevelant among this generation. 
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:05:34 PM »

I don't think an individuals healthcare is the responsibility of society. 

And we're never going to "run out of fossil fuels", it will eventually become to expensive to get out of the ground what it's worth on the open market, but we'll never "run out".  The market will take care of the rest (unless the govt farks it up with ethanol subsidies and other "hand of govt" manipulations of the market).
This statement is almost comical.  You assume that the best interest of those who dominate the market to be the same as the best interest of America.  A transition to a non-fossil-fuel economy will take many years of reserach, infrastructural preperation, and a change of consumer culture.  It is not something that can happen overnight once fossil fuels become infeasible.  Furthermore, why wait to hit that crunch period where fossil fuels become unbearably expensive?  It will not occur in a matter a months but will be a prolonged period of several years of recession and likely stagflation.  Wouldn't it be better to avoid this entirely (as well as combat the problems it already causes to our national economy) through a proactive national effort right now?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies