How has the Atlas changed your political views? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:25:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How has the Atlas changed your political views? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How has the Atlas changed your political views?  (Read 4893 times)
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

« on: January 02, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »

Actually, now that I think of it, the forum did probably contribute to my change of beliefs as far as gay rights go,

I'm sure that's really made you very popular, being a homosexual-accepting person in a state like Arkansas
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »

Actually, now that I think of it, the forum did probably contribute to my change of beliefs as far as gay rights go,

I'm sure that's really made you very popular, being a homosexual-accepting person in a state like Arkansas

Hey, Arkansas is a weird state.  Its probably the most Democratic of the southeastern corner of the United States, save for maybe Florida.  I'm her western neighbor and I can't figure her out.

Arkansas is a very Bible belt state (51% evangelical, 55% pro-life) and polls sow it has some of the lowest abortion and teen sex rates in the U.S. It votes Democratic because of the Clinton factor. Not to mention the fact that it passed a very strict DOMA (which covered civil unions as well as marriage) by 75%, and probably would have by more if it weren't for blacks (who were more progressive here than in any other Southern state) and low voter turnout.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:58:56 PM »

I think it's made me more conservative.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 07:41:00 PM »

Turned me from a moderate capitalist to a communitarian.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies