Do you believe most homeschoolers are sexually abstinent until marriage?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:34:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you believe most homeschoolers are sexually abstinent until marriage?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Do you believe most homeschoolers are sexually abstinent until marriage?  (Read 4967 times)
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 04, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 03:51:44 PM »

Only if sex with close family or family-owned livestock doesn't count. (runs for cover)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 03:59:16 PM »

This is perhaps your dumbest "contribution" to the forum yet, and that is saying something.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »

This is perhaps your dumbest "contribution" to the forum yet, and that is saying something.

And your reason is...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 04:05:18 PM »

And your reason is...
I wonder which of us he was referring to.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 07:11:06 PM »

The "yes" arguments certainly make more sense than "no" arguments.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 09:04:12 PM »

No: they probably SAY they are but actually aren't. It's probably much higher than for the general population though.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 09:08:21 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2008, 09:30:26 PM by Lt. Governor William Wosworthy »

No: they probably SAY they are but actually aren't. It's probably much higher than for the general population though.

In today's world people are actually more likely to lie the other way and claim their unabstinent and actually be abstinent.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »

In today's world people are actually more likely to lie the other way and claim their unabstinent and actually be abstinent.

not if they're typical homeschool kids. I know what you mean, but I don't think that's really true after high school.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 09:47:16 PM »

not if they're typical homeschool kids. I know what you mean, but I don't think that's really true after high school.

It's actually probably even more true in college. People cast aspersions if your still a virgin at 17; but they do so far more if you're still a virgin at 20. I'm not saying I'm 100% certain the majority are; I'm just saying the arguments in favor (they're very religious and less susceptible to negative peer pressure) make more sense than arguments against. And besides, how many homeschoolers do you know who are un-abstinent?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 03:33:53 AM »

No, not most, but certainly a much larger percentage than among normal less-abused children.  Probably a good 25-35% of home schooled are virgins, but this is again more to do with their social handicaps than any religiousity.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 03:45:09 AM »

I think most home-schooled children are socially retarded which therefore prevents them getting any.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 07:05:56 PM »

Christian home schoolers are certainly much more likely than are Christian public schoolers. (Also, 500th post)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »

Christian home schoolers are certainly much more likely than are Christian public schoolers. (Also, 500th post)

You're saying most Christians are homeschooled?
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »

No, I'm saying that Christian homeschoolers are more likely to be abstinent than Christian public schoolers.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 07:50:26 PM »

No, I'm saying that Christian homeschoolers are more likely to be abstinent than Christian public schoolers.

Oh. My bad. That statement is true for homeschoolers in general.
perdedor

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 01:04:47 AM »

I could imagine. If only because someone who's been homeschooled their entire life probably hadn't learned what sex was until their 20s.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 09:13:18 PM »

Probably not, once the data is adjusted for the religious beliefs of the parents.

Also, from personal experience, I know five 'Christian' homeschoolers, two of whom have had premarital sex, and two 'non-Christian' homeschoolers, one of whom has had sex (the other is asexual).
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 09:31:02 PM »

Probably not, once the data is adjusted for the religious beliefs of the parents.

Also, from personal experience, I know five 'Christian' homeschoolers, two of whom have had premarital sex, and two 'non-Christian' homeschoolers, one of whom has had sex (the other is asexual).

How old were they when they lost their virginity?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 09:55:10 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2008, 09:56:46 PM by Angry Weasel »

I think most home-schooled children are socially retarded which therefore prevents them getting any.

Probably the social isolation is more the culprit than religious fervor.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 10:00:13 PM »

Not to mention that it's not usually a good idea to extrapolate from a sample of "5". Especially not your friends from a liberal university.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 07:49:38 AM »

Not to mention that it's not usually a good idea to extrapolate from a sample of "5". Especially not your friends from a liberal university.

I'm not extrapolating my opinion based on those five, just citing them as they are personal examples of what you're talking about.

The two religious home-schoolers lost their virginity at 16 and 17; the non-religious homeschooler lost his at 18.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »

I'm not extrapolating my opinion based on those five, just citing them as they are personal examples of what you're talking about.

The two religious home-schoolers lost their virginity at 16 and 17; the non-religious homeschooler lost his at 18.

16 and 17?Huh How could they have lost their virginity when they were still in the house??
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 09:49:41 AM »

16 and 17?Huh How could they have lost their virginity when they were still in the house??

Perhaps you're unaware, but home-schooled children are generally permitted to leave the house and go outside.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 09:52:27 AM »

Perhaps you're unaware, but home-schooled children are generally permitted to leave the house and go outside.

I still don't see how they could even really get involved in much sexual stuff; unless they were only home schooled part-time.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies