Getting caught up
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:18:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Getting caught up
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Getting caught up  (Read 435 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2008, 10:06:03 PM »

It would probably take me three hours to read everything I have missed on the forum since I left for Iowa. Since I don't have that time, I'll simply post my feelings here.

My gut feeling right before I left was that Edwards would narrowly win Iowa. As we have seen, I was wrong. Hillary is probably finished because of that. She'll stay in until Super Tuesday but it probably won't get her much. It's such a shame because I really wanted to beat her in the General and, truth be told, I am just a bit worried about this Obama guy.

The result for the GOP was just what I wanted and I think I'll be even more pleased tomorrow after McCain beats Romney. If he wins by double digits, I think Mitt is done. He'll lose Michigan and then drop out. The race becomes McCain vs. Huckabee - two guys I like but I definitley prefer McCain.

I hate saying it but certain people on this forum (BRTD, Eraserhead) get credit for sticking by Obama while people like myself said he was screwed. Hats off to them. My advice, though, is to not let that get to your head and try rubbing it in my face.  Wink

As for the General, Obama can be a real problem for the GOP but I do hold out hope that he is exposed during the campaign for mainly speaking in platitudes. When pushed for specifics, I can see him falling apart. However, I think he starts off in an excellent position. I don't like his positions and I'm not in love with the guy personally either but I have come to realize that I don't hate the man like I hate Hillary. I guess that's a good thing.

Anyway, tomorrow is a big day. I hope for a Hillary upset and a strong McCain showing. Two hours until Dixville Notch.  Smiley
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 11:09:32 PM »

Well thanks. It's nice to get a little credit once in a while.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:16:47 PM »

Well thanks. It's nice to get a little credit once in a while.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

At any rate, welcome back!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies